Central 30 Bell County KY 15

JKerrBdaMan

I didn't know they were going to let the mayor and elected officials officiate the game. :lol:

TOO MANY "home cooked" calls or Central would have won by three TDS.

However, when you go to outlying areas what do you expect.

Aside from the officials nightmare, people were very polite and were very genuinely concerned about Robert Longworth's knee injury.

Haven't heard today, but early prognosis was 3-4 weeks he would miss.

I didn't know they were going to let the mayor and elected officials officiate the game. :rolleyes:

However, when you go to outlying areas what do you expect.

Aside from the officials nightmare,  people were very polite and were very genuinely concerned about Robert Longworth's knee injury.

Haven't heard today, but early prognosis was 3-4 weeks he would miss.

825721269[/snapback]

What home cooking? I thought it was one of the better officiated games I've seen. You want home cooking look at the game before this one (Middlesboro vs. Whitley County).... that last Middlesboro touchdown was some serious home cooking.

Central was penalized 10 times for 70 yards (Bell was 3 times for 15 yards).

Penalties by drive

1st quarter (4 penalties)

False start and holding --- Central scored a TD

Offside by defense --- Bell fumbled

Holding --- Central FG

2nd quarter (3 penalties)

Unsportsmanlike conduct (didn't see what this one was for) and holding --- Central scored a TD

Pass interference (pretty obvious) --- Bell touchdown

3rd quarter (3 penalties)

Offsides by defense --- Bell turnover on downs

Holding and false start --- Central punts

4th quarter (0 penalties)

If I was Coach Helton I'd be more worried about the holes in the defense that Bell was able to take advantage of in the second half. Bell had the ball for 10 minutes in the third quarter.

Time of possesion

1st half --- Central - 14:41, Bell - 9:19

2nd half --- Central - 7:03, Bell - 16:57

Total --- Central - 21:44, Bell - 26:16

you really thought that was pass interference on that play in the 2nd quarter!? :angry: That was an absolutley horrible call.  If anything it should have been offensive pass interference.  The Bell Co player had a hold of Adkins jersey as he was diving for the ball.

825721631[/snapback]

I didn't say WHICH team did the interference. B)

Actually, from the press box (which is where I was) it looked like the call could have gone either way. They were both going for the ball, and in the hundred or so Kentucky HS games I have seen they will ALWAYS give the offense the benefit of the doubt in that case. I'm not saying it was the right call, but it is consistent with the style of officiating up there.

You want to see home cooking wait until they face Middlesboro in the City/County Bowl next year on Middlesboro's field.

Well for one thing Imustats, whhhhaaaaaaaattttttt about that block in the back (NO CALL) on the first big run from scrimmage in the first quarter? THAT WAS OBVIOUS FROM DOWNTOWN MIDDLESBORO!!!!!

Yes.......these "Kickoff" event type games may seem like fun, but I am not sure I would EVER agree to a game beginning at 9:30 EDT and ending at 12:05 a.m.

Also, who ever heard of charging admission for the band to attend? :ph34r:

I didn't know they were going to let the mayor and elected officials officiate the game. :ph34r:

Sounds like Friday night wasn't a real good night for Tennessee teams playing in the Bluegrass state!!! It's a shame that the refs won't just won't let the kids be the ones that fully decide the outcome of the game!

Maybe Tennessee teams need to stop going into the Bluegrass state to play regular season games. It seems that there's always some confusion when we go there to play.

Edited by Roadrunner89

Well for one thing Imustats, whhhhaaaaaaaattttttt about that block in the back (NO CALL) on the first big run from scrimmage in the first quarter?  THAT WAS OBVIOUS FROM DOWNTOWN MIDDLESBORO!!!!!

Yes.......these "Kickoff" event type games may seem like fun, but I am not sure I would EVER agree to a game beginning at 9:30 EDT and ending at 12:05 a.m.

Also, who ever heard of charging admission for the band to attend? :)

825721895[/snapback]

I agree with you there. And the nasty millisecond away from being a late hit on Helton on the sideline as well.

But I've seen officials swallow their whistles on worse plays..... and you should have seen the Bell-Ft. Thomas Highlands game played at Bell last year. The last team I saw get hosed on their home field that bad was that UT game when Florida had "that touchdown on the goal line". You know the one.... :ph34r:

It was scheduled for 8:30 and would have started on time except for Middlesboro's lack of conditioning causing a five minute delay after every play because of a cramp. Middlesboro also seemed to call a LOT of extra timeouts as well.

They charged the press for their hospitality press pass as well. The funny thing is that the local radio got free drinks anyway and the one I was with didn't even buy a pass.

Did they charge to park? Bell never has in the past.

And just to let people know... I am a Central grad. I just work in the area and the radio play-by-play guy asks me to help out occasionally. I even wore a Central shirt to the game. :)

I agree with you there.  And the nasty millisecond away from being a late hit on Helton on the sideline as well.

But I've seen officials swallow their whistles on worse plays.....  and you should have seen the Bell-Ft. Thomas Highlands game played at Bell last year.  The last team I saw get hosed on their home field that bad was that UT game when Florida had "that touchdown on the goal line".  You know the one....  :lol:

It was scheduled for 8:30 and would have started on time except for Middlesboro's lack of conditioning causing a five minute delay after every play because of a cramp.  Middlesboro also seemed to call a LOT of extra timeouts as well.

They charged the press for their hospitality press pass as well.  The funny thing is that the local radio got free drinks anyway and the one I was with didn't even buy a pass.

Did they charge to park?  Bell never has in the past.

And just to let people know... I am a Central grad.  I just work in the area and the radio play-by-play guy asks me to help out occasionally.  I even wore a Central shirt to the game. :ph34r:

825721967[/snapback]

From watching the tape:

Helton was in bounds when Bell Co.'s #32 obliterated him, sending him out of bounds and knocking one of Bell Co.'s lineman down like a bowling pin. I'm sure Helton felt that hit for a while.

Calling is just calling everywhere. I think Central got away with quite a bit of holding.

Why would the band get in free if they weren't performing? They become fans at that point and should pay like anyone else.

The band wanted to come and perform but was told that they would have to pay to get in just like anyone else....EVEN TO DO THEIR ROUTINE AT HALFTIME.

I agree that they should have to pay if they just show up and are not performing, however, they would have had to "Pay to play" in the City/County Classic....and Central's band WOULD HAVE been there except for the admission charge. :)