Any 1A or 2A teams in East Tennesse

KevinFromSwain

The Smokey Mountain Conference, SMC, is in the southwestern Mountains of North Carolina and I know a few of the schools would love to schedule up some games with teams from East Tennessee. No this isn't a topic of who is the best but one of one fan wanting to see some good small school football!

The SMC has seven members, Robbinsville 12 NCHSAA 1A State titles, Swain County 6 1A and 1 2a state titles, Murphy 5 1A state titles and one 2A title and four other schools that can knock the fool out of ya some times, Cherokee, Hayesville, Rosman and Andrews.

Swain has for three games play against 4A Morristown West with one big upset last season, seems Swain can keep it close till half time then the depth and size of Motown wears Swain down. I’d like to see how the Devils, (Swain) would do with teams more there own size in Tennessee. Plus it’s only a couple of hours of travel time and not many football teams over here want to line up with the Devils year in and year out. ; )

Murphy just played 2A Marion; check the spelling on that one for me, and won last night which isn’t a bad thing for the Dawgs of Murphy are loaded this season just as Swain was last year! I’m just wanting to see some good ole hard nosed football with schools about the same size.

Any positive input would be great, trash talk…. Not needed.

What say yea?

:rolleyes:

If anyone needs a game Swain County is stuck with two open dates, one on Sept. 9th and the other on Sept. 30th!  Swain really needs another football game and if someone could contact Swain County High I'm sure a game could be held. :ph34r:

825721853[/snapback]

don t get Alcoa!