Brentwood Academy at Ravenwood

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Ravenwood will play very hard .... particularly if they want to avoid injury!

IMO if Brentwood Academy sends speed from the outside to blitz Jennings, they will own Ravenwood. But take note that that is their only weakness every other part of their game is strong. Wes, I saw two Brentwood Academy games last year, Centennial and McCallie and I got to tell you .... I'm just not that impressed. I know their legacy and record speak for themselves and I understand the 30 year thing....but there was this looming thing that I didn't see when I watched this team ... burning desire!

I've watched TC Jennings play basketball and football (he's better at basketball if you can believe that) and this kid is a leader and he has a burning desire. Carlton Flatt you have met your Waterloo!!

Ravenwood 17

Brentwood Academy 13

Edited by BigDogDaddy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin for example, without their loss to LC in our junior year, we would have been region champs and been able to play Brentwood at home in the playoffs.  One loss, doesnt matter to whom, is everything in this region.

825723803[/snapback]

This also had to do with the fact that Brentwood beat Dickson County, Franklin beat Brentwood, and Dickson County beat Franklin. I don't think you're going to have a tie up top this season. This is all opinion of course and the basis for most of my posts on this thread. I think it'll come down to Franklin and Ravenwood. I boldly predict they will defeat everyone else in the region thus making FHS and RHS the determining game. Naturally, neither team can afford to play that way after next week... but that's the beauty of it - I'm not out there so I can think what I wish.

And as a person who used to be close to the BA program, I can tell you that one thing they don't lack is a burning desire. Granted, I've only seen them a handfull of times since about 2001, but I'm sure Wes will say the same thing. Coach Flatt would never have a team that didn't have desire. But I'm biased to the man, so what else would you expect from me?

Ravenwood will play very hard .... particularly if they want to avoid injury!

IMO if <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> sends speed from the outside to blitz Jennings, they will own Ravenwood.  But take note that that is their only weakness every other part of their game is strong. Wes, I saw two <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> games last year, Centennial and McCallie and I got to tell you .... I'm just not that impressed. I know their legacy and record speak for themselves and I understand the 30 year thing....but there was this looming thing that I didn't see when I watched this team ... burning desire!

I've watched TC Jennings play basketball and football (he's better at basketball if you can believe that) and this kid is a leader and he has a burning desire. Carlton Flatt you have met your Waterloo!!

Ravenwood 17

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> 13

825724028[/snapback]

I am not that sure you should have been impressed. I think BA was 6-5 last year.

Coming from BA I can say that the team does not lack a burning desire... and by the way do not make us start talking about basketball because TC is not better at basketball... there is no way that he is i have seen him play both sports and football is his better hand... I wish that BA basketball played Ravenwood Basketball's team and all the other WilCo teams because they all think that they can contend with the BA boys... especially Franklin last year... but back to football... BA's fans are coming out friday night with full force and will have Mr. Jennings a little rattled... Jennings and Marshall being ex-ba football players will get it all night long from the BA student section...

Wes are you going to make it to any games this year? (Football or Basketball)

let's just go on record here....

last year for Ravenwood and this year for BA...

First they start off by playing Hillcrest Christian? OOOOHHH hard game there

And then Ravenwood i believed started off last year with a Pope John Paul II

So lets not get big and buff here over 2 Wilco teams playing each other and saying that Brentwood and Franklin don't schedule well because in fact, if you knew the facts, then you'd know that FHS vs. LC is a huge rivalry and Coffee County has many ties to the Bruin program(it was Crawford's old school) plus they called for the game over a year ago... when they had one of the states top runners in Jake Nunley and made the playoffs.

So before we go bashing on other teams let's get the facts and records straight here.

825723981[/snapback]

Hillcrest Christian has as much tradition in MS. as Lincoln County does here. So, we would both have to shoulder the same amount of guilt for our respective season openers. FYI (Hillcrest is ranked 3rd in the state in Miss. private school division).

Ravenwood starts off with Brentwood Academy THIS YEAR. That is a fact that we all have straight.

I am not sure what all the "Coffee County..Crawford" jiberish is all about. We were complimenting Ravenwood for stepping up to the plate - not condemning Franklin.

And he used to be a pretty darn good baseball player, too. I'd say football is probably his best sport as well, but he is quite good at basketball as well.

I'm also not sure why you decided to get a dig into Franklin's great basketball team from last year but okay... maybe I'll just have to agree with BDD that the Eagles lack a burning desire... :angry:

I am not sure what all the "Coffee County..Crawford" jiberish is all about. We were complimenting Ravenwood for stepping up to the plate - not condemning Franklin.

825724136[/snapback]

The Coffee County..Crawford jiberish has to do with the fact that Brentwood opened with Coffee Coutny with whom Coach Crawford at BHS has connections. I think the person replied with who Franklin and Brentwood opened with because WesVols stated "Let Brentowod and Franklin play whomever" which does sound condemning in a way. It sounds like "oh, well they don't want to play us, but Ravenwood does." Of course, knowing Westopher as I do, I know he didn't intend it to sound it that way. We've had many a discussion about why Franklin plays who they play and why they don't schedule BA. Of course, my argument with that kinda went out the window when we scheduled the Irish of Father Ryan this year, but oh well.

Coming from BA I can say that the team does not lack a burning desire... and by the way do not make us start talking about basketball because TC is not better at basketball... there is no way that he is i have seen him play both sports and football is his better hand... I wish that BA basketball played Ravenwood Basketball's team and all the other WilCo teams because they all think that they can contend with the BA boys... especially Franklin last year... but back to football... BA's fans are coming out friday night with full force and will have Mr. Jennings a little rattled... Jennings and Marshall being ex-ba football players will get it all night long from the BA student section...

Wes are you going to make it to any games this year? (Football or Basketball)

825724119[/snapback]

I hope to make it to a game or two, but probably not until the postseason due to Friday night conflicts. One thing's for sure...I have a "burning desire" to get to Flatt Field at some point this season. :lol:

Reb, I wasn't condemning Brentwood and Franklin for your schedule choices. They have the right to schedule whomever they choose, and they've done just that. They just haven't chosen the team(s) I want them to schedule! I'm glad some schools within the county have done so.

Amen! You have nailed it!!!

This BA team is more talented than the one that created BHS's 14-1 5A State Championship Season. But, I think BA is much more in jeopardy of losing, based on the "the group" that you have mentioned. Plus, hitting us over the head with our old quarterback. I am with you saluting Coach Rector.

825723768[/snapback]

I agree with you in principle, but this year's Eagle team is not quite (yet) as talented as that BA team of a few years ago. That team had more senior leadership, with I believe six guys who signed DI scholarships, and a much deeper line. Then there was the Holbert factor on both sides of the ball!

Next year, BA should have their best team in several years for sure when all the current Juniors have another year of experience.

The BA team that defeated Brentwood has 5-6 D1, D-1AA prospects that year alone-and if you count the seniors who played in that game who graduated last year, then the number increases. That team did reach the championship game if memory serves. I don't think this current Eagle team has the same horses this year.

Teams are free to schedule whom they want, when they want, where they want for reasons that make sense to their coaches, AD's, and community. No need for justification on our part. This topic has been wrung out and eventually collapses back to "D1 Privates vs. Publics," which is not a topic suitable for this forum. Brentwood has played private D1's probably more than any other WillCo school, from freshman to JV to Varsity. We'll stand on that record and drop the discussion.

Blitzing Jennings won't be as productive as BA thinks-that has been the book on Ravenwood for years from it's opponents. Jennings can scramble out or dump off enough to neutralize the blitz. Three step drops take care of it as well. My prediction is that BA's special teams will be the dramtic difference in the game.

WAKE UP!!! Brentwood Academy will roll on this one. They're the 2nd best team in the stae. Plus, they just rolled over some poor fool this weekend. Lot at stake for Brentwood Academy becasue this game will be a recruiting tool for years to come. Best in the county, district, state, and one of the top programs in the nation. I see them by 21 points or more. Best wishes to Ravenwood, but wake-up.

The BA team that defeated Brentwood has 5-6 D1, D-1AA prospects that year alone-and if you count the seniors who played in that game who graduated last year, then the number increases.  That team did reach the championship game if memory serves.  I don't think this current Eagle team has the same horses this year.

Teams are free to schedule whom they want, when they want, where they want for reasons that make sense to their coaches, AD's, and community. No need for justification on our part. This topic has been wrung out and eventually collapses  back to "D1 Privates vs. Publics," which is not a topic suitable for this forum.  Brentwood has played private D1's probably more than any other WillCo school, from freshman to JV to Varsity.  We'll stand on that record and drop the discussion.

Blitzing Jennings won't be as productive as BA thinks-that has been the book on Ravenwood for years from it's opponents.  Jennings can scramble out or dump off enough to neutralize the blitz.  Three step drops take care of it as well.  My prediction is that BA's special teams will be the dramtic difference in the game.

825724393[/snapback]

I am assuming that you mean D2 privates. Anyway, I think Centenial has you beat. They haven't picked on the last place D2 team quite as much as BHS, but they have played more D2 teams, since they have been around. I could be wrong, but with BGA figured in with BA and Father Ryan, I think I am right. I am, of course, talking "varsity". I will take you at your word that BHS plays a lion hearted JV and freshman schedule :o

It is pretty obvious that teams are free to schedule whom they want. Justifying or not is yet another freedom. It collapses back to "D1 privates vs Publics" by people and programs who choose to use that crutch. Then there are programs like Ravenwood.

Edited by USA1