Riverside @ Lexington

crazy_cowboy89

I don't understand what has happened in Lex. Football used to be big but it just isn't anymore. If you wanted to get a seat at a game years ago you had to get there by 6pm if you didn't have reserve season tickets. Now you can walk in at 7:15 pm. It is sad really.

825724436[/snapback]

Two things happened. First, the talent cycle went dry for a few years, no bones about it. The second goes back to a couple of games and the aftermath of them in the mid 90s. Some stuff happened that changed the attitude of the program and I'm not sure it ever really recovered. After that, a lot of the excitement died.

Friday is one of those good old rivalry games that goes back a long time though that always gets lost in the shuffle of rivalries because when one team is up, the other seems to be down.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things happened.  First, the talent cycle went dry for a few years, no bones about it.  The second goes back to a couple of games and the aftermath of them in the mid 90s.  Some stuff happened that changed the attitude of the program and I'm not sure it ever really recovered.  After that, a lot of the excitement died.

Friday is one of those good old rivalry games that goes back a long time though that always gets lost in the shuffle of rivalries because when one team is up, the other seems to be down.

825724843[/snapback]

What happened in the mid 90's? I don't remember hearing anything.

What happened in the mid 90's? I don't remember hearing anything.

825724896[/snapback]

A couple of things happened that I don't want to post on a message board. Let's just say looking back that I can give you a couple of definitive moments where my friends and I all agree it started to go down. It was the type of thing that just took a snowball effect of one thing leading to another hurting chemistry, morale, etc.

I'm really hoping that the Big Red is back though. I really don't know much about them except that I'm expecting a return to the days of Stowe and running the ball 90% of the time. I know even less about Riverside, so I'm not making any predictions on the game. I'm sure it will be a good one though.

If Riverside stands a chance it is with their Head Coach Joel Goff, dont be suprised if he has the Panthers ready for an upset.  Riverside 34  Lexington 28

825724179[/snapback]

riverside will give the tigers a good game IF they don't turn the ball over!

they need to run the ball and have a good kicking game to win.

passing the football is out of the question for riverside.

825724215[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more with these two posts. And yea i know the hate word was a little much, but lets just say that this is a very competitive game that both teams want to win. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Riverside 26

Lexington 21

I will go to this game to see if lexington has made any progress over the last 4 years. I went to the Lex/Riverside game 4/5 yrs ago and Lex had the bigger and faster team yet lost. Riverside ran the same few plays the whole game and Lex never changed defense.  I am going Friday to see if anything has changed.

I don't understand what has happened in Lex. Football used to be big but it just isn't anymore. If you wanted to get a seat at a game years ago you had to get there by 6pm if you didn't have reserve season tickets. Now you can walk in at 7:15 pm. It is sad really.

825724436[/snapback]

Did you not go to last years game at Riverside?? :o

We had more fans at the Parsons game then their

fans did!!! <_<

You show up this Friday night at 7:15p and you will be

standing! :lol:

The program is not about 4 or 5 years ago, its about today. thumb

Lexington 28

Parsons 10

Crazy Cowboy89 must be banking on Riverside stopping Lexington on two series. The last time Lexington punted they snapped it through the endzone for a safety. If we can just make them punt twice we would get 4 points and good field position. The other posibility is Lexington kicks 8 field goals and snapps it through the endzone for a safety. I doubt none of these senerios will happen. Who knows.

825725691[/snapback]

Dude, you have to much free time for this $%*t!! B)