Dickson County at Henry County

oooooooo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope you are right.  It would be great to have a win when we start region play.  A rivalry like this is always exciting, but it is hard to pick a winner when two rivals play.  Go Big Red!

825726755[/snapback]

Rivalry games are fun to be a spectator. The DC HC has always seemed to be close games. The Home team seems to get a boost from crowd during these games. You know the last few years at Patriot stadium was sparse for this matchup and that gave the players no boost. This year will be different, IE did you look back in stands at RHS game, pretty full and loud. If everyone standing up tried to find a seat they would not be able to. Need a good loud crowd prior to K.O. Lower temperature tomorrow might help bring them out. It was @%# hot last week people waited till last minute. Maybe rain will come and go to.

I have never seen a DC team with the kind of speed that allowed them to run constantly outside of tackles. maybe this one can? They have been a lot like HC last few years. Their RB's have seemed to wait more on their blockers when they are getting outside. Which is normally what you do. RHS RB's were so quick they would blow past their blockers. I may be wrong but unless the other team has a really superior front line or a QB that is top notch with the arm that keeps HC off balance they won't have a lot of success between tackles against HC. If they are like usual DC teams they will grind out 2-4 yards a carry, play tough smash mouth football and try to make something happen on special teams. It will be a good one.

I wish all the best luck to Henry Co., but I agree with others when they talk about the lack of tailback and other skill positions on offense. Key on McNairl...stop McNairl, HC has a tough time putting points on the board. If defense can stop the run against DC, they will be in the game all night. DC is known for power running game and Play Action pass. The thing that I believe will make the difference is how HC does defensively. Look for the game to be close just because of the tradition between the schools. I'm not going to predict the outcome because it is too close to call and not much info on DC. However, sure would like to see that barrel to back in HC...been a while.

What could get bad? Last year we lost by a combined total of 32 -give or take a few- to the same teams that we lost to by 140-again give or take a few-the year before. It takes time to build a program. I, too, am still counting on Big Red! These boys have to learn that they can win. It's happening; it's going to happen.

I am going to stay positive, but how do you learn to win when you are always getting beat. A loss is a loss, getting beat by 1 or 50 in the end, the loss column is the same. This game is very important to the outcome of HC season. Learning to win??? These boys must win or their confidence will be lost.

I am going to stay positive, but how do you learn to win when you are always getting beat.  A loss is a loss, getting beat by 1 or 50 in the end, the loss column is the same.  This game is very important to the outcome of HC season.  Learning to win???  These boys must win or their confidence will be lost.

825728148[/snapback]

That is fairly positive, but do you think a program can completely rebuild in one or two seasons? Have you ever coached? That sounds more negative than I mean it. But you cannot teach everything, speed for example. You either have it or you don't. I do not believe that a loss here would ruin the season. I think these boys can be motivated to come back. I hope we win and don't have to find out. And yes, learning to win and believing you can win has a lot to do with it. That is why a school like Riverdale is successful. They do it year end and year out. But at some point, they too were building. Success breeds success. Now they have an air of confidence that shows the minute they step on the field. That is a learned behavior over time. Go Big Red! Thanks, Apollo. At least you care what happens. Apathy is the enemy.