USJ vs JCS!

necvol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they did it w/o their starting QB for more than half the game. Of course, by the time McDonald went down late in the first half, the game was well in hand for JCS.

The thing that impressed me the most in the game took place in the 2nd half. USJ made their adjustments at halftime and dominated defensively for the first two JCS possessions of the half. But Coach Cohu was able to make adjustments of his own that got the Eagles moving the ball again. That impressed me as much as anything, for a young coach - who took a lot of heat last year for his coaching decisions against USJ - to be able to make the right moves in the 2nd half against one of the best coaches in the area.

I think JCS may have themselves an excellent young coach on their hands.

Congtats to JCS on an outstanding game. IM pre-season projection was for JCS to win the State in 1-A and they confirmed that they will be in the mix against both DCA and USJ. I would love to see a new JCS continue the Private domination of 1-A (what would the TSSAA do then-up the multiplier to 3.5?)

As for USJ, it looks like a very long season for a very young and inexperienced team. The only hope they have is to get the ball in Josh Liles hands. I think Josh only had 2 touches against the Eagles. It will be intresting to see what adjustments Coach Marley makes to get the ball in Liles hands at least 20-25 times per game.