Ooltewah @ Rhea County

denlron

What a great game tonight at Rhea. Ooltewah looked really good tonight. Defense and offense looked good. Rhea was like 14 for 41 and did not get called for holding once. Thats just amazing. Zebras were AWFUL! What did you guys think about lil brian marshall?

825728982[/snapback]

Just honest I think Caldwell is awesome now that that is said. Marshall is better (yes he's small) He's quicker, faster see's the hole better,harder to bring down cause he spins and goes with the tackler and is just special you can't coach what Marshall has.

I think before the year is over you will see Caldwell spending more time in defensive backfield where he is truly gifted and of a good size and Marshall taking more of the running load.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they way Coach Monroe is using these backs now is awesome. Switch out each series.... BOth bring a different running style...

825729008[/snapback]

Agree are very different but I think monroe isn't gonna do much til last 2 games

who want's film to scout. Would be funny for OR to show up at Nest with Wing T and Caldwell Marshall and Gaston all in backfield

Owls did look much but against a much more inferior opponent than Cookeville.

Defense improved considerably, but they are still vulnerable to the pass. I bet Rhea dropped 10-12 passes that were uncontested. That could have made things much different.

However, offensively, a much more balanced attack; they used the entire field.

This one could have easily been much worse as well. Congratulations to all of you Ooltewah players and fans. I may follow this team around a little this year.

I agree the officiatling was real bad!  Rhea threw the ball at least 40 times, they were never called for holding.  Come on if they are going to be homers atleast try and not be so obvious. I bet Ooltewah was flagged at least 12 times in the game for well over 100 yards.  I am glad the game was not close.  I don't think I have ever seen a back judge be so bad.  Something should be done about an officiating crew like that. 

Ooltewah played better than last week.  Defense looked pretty good, I still don't like the secondary coverages.

Rhea will make some noise in their region, play-off bound for sure.

825728940[/snapback]

secondary played very well, rhea has a good passing attack. even rheas coach in the paper said the secondary did good. so, get off the secondary! (15 - 38) 4 interceptions, should have been 5...what else do u want. go owls! that qb threw for over 2000 yards last year.

The Owls new kicker looked good for only playing in his 2nd football game ever

825729166[/snapback]

Yes he did! The running game looked good, the passing game looked good, AND the kicking game looked good! That's especially important later in the season when 3 points are HUGE!!! Glad to see he's doing very well!

It's Jeremy Williams, right?

Yes he did!  The running game looked good, the passing game looked good, AND the kicking game looked good!  That's especially important later in the season when 3 points are HUGE!!!  Glad to see he's doing very well!

It's Jeremy Williams, right?

825729264[/snapback]

Yeah it is

I think we need to hold off on calling Marshall better than Caldwell. Defences are keyed in on Caldwell after last year, which gives Marshall the chance to run a bit freer. I think the three-pronged attack we have with them and Gaston is awesome and it's going to be to watch.

I'm just glad to see that Woods threw the ball a little this game. 10-17 isn't too bad, but I hope that he gets to see more passing opportunities as the season progresses. Having a good passing attack will make a big difference come the post season and since Ooltewah gets out to those big leads Woods should get a lot of time to practice with his recievers against defences without worrying about the outcome of the game. How many times has Woods busted out a big scramble? That could come in handy later as well.

And it kinda startled me to see that Rhea managed 18 first downs to Ooltewah's 20 against this defence. I know that the secondary improved, and all the other numbers looked good, but that's not a great statistic.

I think we need to hold off on calling Marshall better than Caldwell. Defences are keyed in on Caldwell after last year, which gives Marshall the chance to run a bit freer. I think the three-pronged attack we have with them and Gaston is awesome and it's going to be to watch.

I'm just glad to see that Woods threw the ball a little this game. 10-17 isn't too bad, but I hope that he gets to see more passing opportunities as the season progresses. Having a good passing attack will make a big difference come the post season and since Ooltewah gets out to those big leads Woods should get a lot of time to practice with his recievers against defences without worrying about the outcome of the game. How many times has Woods busted out a big scramble? That could come in handy later as well.

And it kinda startled me to see that Rhea managed 18 first downs to Ooltewah's 20 against this defence. I know that the secondary improved, and all the other numbers looked good, but that's not a great statistic.

825729307[/snapback]

How many of those first downs were in 15-yard penalties credited to the zebras?!?!? :lol: