Alcoa vs. William Blount

Tornado1

I happened to get into a debate with a friend who was dead set that Alcoa had beaten WB almost every year since 98 and I told him, that as much as it hurt, that he was wrong. I know WB beat Alcoa several years in a row and that the last win for WB was when Phelps was the coach in 03 and Alcoa got the victory last year. Do any of you have for certain the outcomes from 98 till the present and who was at the helm for the Govs in each of those seasons?

Go ALCOA (- Warren)

I happened to get into a debate with a friend who was dead set that Alcoa had beaten WB almost every year since 98 and I told him, that as much as it hurt, that he was wrong.  I know WB beat Alcoa several years in a row and that the last win for WB was when Phelps was the coach in 03 and Alcoa got the victory last year.  Do any of you have for certain the outcomes from 98 till the present and who was at the helm for the Govs in each of those seasons? 

Go ALCOA (- Warren)

825724624[/snapback]

WB-95,96,97,98,99,02, I'm not sure about 02 but the rest seems right! thumb

Tornado1,

I can remember WB winning over there under Fickert (with a last second field goal). It broke a long chain of consecutive Alcoa wins. After that, seems like WB ran off a couple, then Alcoa won, then WB won 2 or 3 more in a row before last season's Alcoa win. I'm not certain, as much as I've like beating you guys, I seem to forget details over time.

I don't think there's any question that Alcoa holds the overall series lead by probably a good margin, but WB had won more against the Tornadoes than they had lost over the past few years.

As far as them not playing anymore, I know there's the theory that WB was "scared" of Alcoa (don't really believe that's it); and that it doesn't make sense to play Alcoa (5A vs 2A); but to be truthful with you Tornado...I believe there's more to it than that behind why WB dropped Alcoa. I don't have a good clue of what the problem might have been, but I wonder about it.

Good luck Friday night. Wish we'd be seeing you'all later in the year ...

Tornado1,

I can remember WB winning over there under Fickert (with a last second field goal).  It broke a long chain of consecutive Alcoa wins.  After that, seems like WB ran off a couple, then Alcoa won, then WB won 2 or 3 more in a row before last season's Alcoa win.  I'm not certain, as much as I've like beating you guys, I seem to forget details over time.

I don't think there's any question that Alcoa holds the overall series lead by probably a good margin, but WB had won more against the Tornadoes than they had lost over the past few years.

As far as them not playing anymore, I know there's the theory that WB was "scared" of Alcoa (don't really believe that's it); and that it doesn't make sense to play Alcoa (5A vs 2A); but to be truthful with you Tornado...I believe there's more to it than that behind why WB dropped Alcoa.  I don't have a good clue of what the problem might have been, but I wonder about it. 

Good luck Friday night.  Wish we'd be seeing you'all later in the year ...

825724762[/snapback]

Coach White was the best thing William Blount has seen for Coaching and looks like it will be that way for a while. I don't think Mike White would have cancelled a "home" game for anything. There's a lot of people out there that only go to the "town" games. It was a big disappointment. Scared??? Who knows. No one seems to be able to get an explanation. That looks bad on Meadows too. Maybe they should have dug a little deeper in the pockets to get Phelps to stay. The team seemed to like him and I know he's a good guy. I don't know Meadows. He may have to convince the team that he's not going anywhere for a while. I think that has been the hardest part for that team....no stability. I wanted to see Nick White over there. I guess my vote doesn't count.