Notre Dame at Hixson

BenHasRisen

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the cities most even match-ups for the week..It was the only game in the Times Free Press that was picked 5-4 by the writers in Hixsons favor. Out of the 20 regular season games the two teams played last year only one loss was by more than 15 points and that was Knox Catholics 42-7 win over ND but ND went on to beat them in the playoffs...It should be a good, close, low-scoring game

Notre Dame won 20-13. Both teams played pretty sloppy, I expected a lot more from Hixson. In the first quarter, Hixson capitalized on a Notre Dame turnover, and went up by 7. After that it was pretty much a defensive struggle until late in the second quarter. At the half the score was 7-6. Notre Dame got the ball the second half and it was more defensive struggle until Notre Dame scored halfway through the third, and converted the 2 pointer. 14-7. That was about as close as Hixson was the rest of the night, costly turnovers and horrible field position prevented Hixson from mounting anymore drives. Hixson had about three goal line stands, but the fourth time Notre Dame made it inside the 10, they scored. Hixson scored with no time left to make it 20-13. Fatigue was apparent for both teams, I saw about 8 injury timeouts for cramping. The referee even got an injury timeout for a broken ankle. This was one of the more physical games I've ever watched. Both teams were smacking each other in the mouths, and forcing turnovers. The refs blew a few calls IMO, but other then that, there wasn't much to complain about. Hixson had way too many missed tackles though, and I believe that is what cost them the game.

Notre Dame had great field position all night, Hixson needs to work on their punting game if they wish to compete for a region title.

Edited by BenHasRisen

Notre Dame 21-13

ND will be able to run and Hixson won't, IMO.

825726817[/snapback]

I was a point off with my prediction. Dumb luck.

Very sloppy game. ND had 19 penalties. It would appear the ND offense has four plays total - inside handoff left, right, draw and the one pass they throw to the slot man.

Hixson brought all 11 defenders to within five yards of the line of scrimmage and either ND can't throw up top or didn't see it.

Point is, coaching this week should fix both the penalty and predictability issues. Still, they won.

Hixson will get better and it was very physical. It looked like after the White kid nailed the Hixson running back, the Wildcats might have flinched a little.