Hillwood at Independence

donathan5507

I'm not sure which player you are, but congratulations on a great game. You're right about the calls, especially the roughing the passer call. The Late Hit was a joke as well. However, you are correct in saying that you guys overcame them. You guys also overcame I want to say 4 turnovers and still had a chance to win.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad calls are appart of the game, no ref is perfect, and no player is either. But a player should not blame a ref for blowing a game. and I'm not saying that is what you are doing, but I have always thought that it is the players responsibility to make the game so that the ref doesnt have to make that call that could decide the outcome of a game. Players should look at themselves and not others. I dont see many refs on here critisizing how bad Both teams played last night, so dont talk about how you think the refs did.

Antonio Lewis is the real deal.....thanks to him, we won one that we probably didn't deserve. He is getting letters from a number of DI programs.....I know Alabama and Auburn. Not sure of anybody else. Clodfelter, at TE or wideout is capable of turning a game around much as Antonio is running the ball. Last night

Clodfelter was open much of the night but our QB....Darryl Weaver, was too busy running for his life from the Eagles blitz that for some reason we couldnt stop. Clodfelter also is getting some interest from Memphis, Louisville, South Carolina, also Columbia is writing him almost daily. He has gotten an offer from an NAIA school also. Sorry no stats. The only ones I know of was Jared had 20 yards recieving on 2 catches and Antonio had just enough yardage to win. LOL. Good luck Independence....you could not tell you were a new program last night.

Edited by hillwoodfan

As far as the refs...the worst call was not suspending the game.....there was no way the kids or fans should have been out there and being surrounded by lightening the way we were.

825730007[/snapback]

Agree 100%. It seemed like they just wanted to get their night's work in and didn't want to ref any longer than they had to. Part of the Stadium Lights even went out and they played on. Just wait half an hour or so, and if it doesn't subside, finish it Saturday night. I don't think anybody would have minded if they would've stopped it with two minutes left, or 30 seconds for that matter. The safety of the kids is what matters.

Edited by donathan5507

Great and exciting game last Friday night in the downpour at IHS. I don't think Hillwood was expecting that tough of competition from the Eagles. It gave all the fans a great insight to what the future has instore for this young team. #22 and #27 for IHS played out of their heads and the Defense for IHS brought it all night. As was said in an earlier post; the QB for Hillwood was running for his life most of the night.

As for refs making bad calls...It happens. Yes, I and most of the crowd realize the bad calls they made. One especially, when late in the game, the ref called 12 men on the field against Hillwood but end up changing the call to go against IHS. However, it was Hillwood player running off the field. Why they made that call is beyond me. As for the lighting, yes the game should have been suspended for an hour. Shame they are taking the lives of all the people involved with that game in their hands. Never know when and where lightining can hit. If you see it is "close"- when in doubt....Keep them out or in this case off the field until better weather presides.

I know I enjoyed the game. May have garner a cold because of it....but, it was worth it to see such an exciting game. Best wishes for both these teams in the future.

He will keep working, that's all he does...everytime a nice young man like our boy cobrakurt brings up that old quote...this week Independence wins.....no overtime this week....telll me what will your quote be when smith wins in 5A....you better be thinking of something because you have less than one year to wait...next year the eagles win the region straight out........take care cobrakurt....coach smith, take our boys advice...you do need to work harder...and so do your boys...independence 42...centennial 7...you heard it here first....... :thumb:

Independence was a great team, and has VERY bright future! The refs were bad, but equally bad on both sides. They called a delay of game about 25 seconds after our coach called a timeout, guess they started the play clock then..... and they basically got yall into overtime with the roughin the kicker call, so you can't entirely blame the refs, but yall will be tough this year, and I'll be rootin for ya, go out there and beat Centennial 24-17 Independence is my prediction.

He will keep working, that's all he does...everytime a nice young man like our boy cobrakurt brings up that old quote...this week Independence wins.....no overtime this week....telll me what will your quote be when smith wins in 5A....you better be thinking of something because you have less than one year to wait...next year the eagles win the region straight out........take care cobrakurt....coach smith, take our boys advice...you do need to work harder...and so do your boys...independence 42...centennial 7...you heard it here first....... :thumb:

825732524[/snapback]

I have thought of something. But first, win a game you dolt. Eventually interdependace will win a game, but that does not change the fact that Scooter Smith's wins will never catch up to his mouth! He will win some games, but according to his own statements, he should coach harder. Thats the reason he isn't winning now. Talent does not matter, its hard coaching. Win now with hard work. Live up to your work or shut up. WIN NOW!!!!WORK HARDER!!!!!!WIN NOW!!!!!!! WORK HARDER :)