mike who

oj25

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey King!

Unaka had a great deal of athleticism at the beginning. They still have a talented group, absent the depth and bulk up front. Also, and though I realize that you're not a huge Unaka or CLG fan, they've been without a GREAT player for the first three games.

Charles Lee Guinn's injury is a tough one. Ankle injuries are difficult enough; injuring the instep or achiles function of the foot is a whole different story, especially for someone who relies so much on his cutting ability. He will eventually be fine, but his injury has been a critical blow to Unaka's hopes.

And, truth is, there have been some off-field problems. And to the staff's credit, they've attempted to handle things as inconspicuously as possible; and that's as it should be. It's very tough, what some of these kids are having to deal with, at home and at school. Some of them cross the line, and different coaches and administrations handle things in different ways. But the situation at UHS couldn't have hit at a much worse time.

I try to never refer to high school athletes by name in a negative sense; but for the record, I don't think the fullback in question is Medina.

And finally, and as much as I dread doing so, I will discuss all this, and other things with Acie this week, and will publish, to it's legal extent, (those involved are minors) on the site.

Krich, I may be Blue and Gold during the games, but I like Acie Ensor and I like a lot of people on Stoney Creek, and I hate to see these kind of things happen. Really, down deep inside of me, I was wanting to see Unaka resurrect their football program, and I hope its not too late. I would like to see the competition in this county get tougher. As for Guinn, I have nothing against him, either. I post a lot of combative material, so kids will read them and use them as bulletin board material, so they will be motivated to play harder. I want Unaka to give us 110% when we come down there to play them. On another note, double play sports has been great this year. Keep up the good work! :(

I think Bulldog 88 knows Hampton can be very good,He's just trying to make sure, they are the best they can be. Bulldog the fire was put under the kids butt last week in practice and they responded well,they want to be good. They were a much better team last Friday night. This bunch will improve all year long. The biggest problem I see is the competition. After this week, they have absolutely no comp until week 9. If they try to play the starters, everyone will whine and holler about running the score up.. If they don't play the starters, they won't be in game shape come time for the playoffs. I say , put the pedal to the metal and make you're team is the best they can be. Its not a coaches job to take care of weaker opponents.

Edited by pujo

I think Bulldog 88 knows Hampton can be very good,He's just trying to make sure, they are the best they can be. Bulldog the fire was put under the kids butt last week in practice and they responded well,they want to be good. They were a much better team last Friday night. This bunch will improve all year long. The biggest problem I see is the competition. After this week, they have absolutely no comp until week 9. If they try to play the starters, everyone will whine and holler about running the score up.. If they don't play the starters, they won't be in game shape come time for the playoffs. I say , put the pedal to the metal and make you're team is the best they can be. Its not a coaches job to take care of weaker opponents.

825739848[/snapback]

you are right pujo one hundred %

I think Bulldog 88 knows Hampton can be very good,He's just trying to make sure, they are the best they can be.  Bulldog the fire was put under the kids butt last week in practice and they responded well,they want to be good. They were a much better team last Friday night.  This bunch will improve all year long. The biggest problem I see is the competition. After this week, they have absolutely no comp until week 9. If they try to play the starters, everyone will whine and holler about  running the score up..  If they don't play the starters, they won't be in game shape come time for the playoffs. I say , put the pedal to the metal and make you're team is  the best they can be. Its not a coaches job to take care of weaker opponents.

825739848[/snapback]

Come back to the present, pujo. You've had time to get in all your digs in on that one. And by the way, you shouldn't have to worry about your linemen being in shape anymore; they'll all show up and practice hard and they'll be in Outstanding shape come playoff time, or a man named J. C. will run them off. They'll be in shape all right, no matter how badly they beat the weaker opponents.

But on a much more important subject, how's Little Pujo?