REG 6AA

MIDTN

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I think you are right about Chester County but Sycamore did not look that good this summer. They will be much better but Harpeth did much better this summer at camps. Cheatham also has lost a great deal from last year so they might be down this year.

From seeing teams play this summer my picks for the top 6 are

1. Harpeth - even better then last year - their 2-2-1 defense looked great at martin westview - they have speed across the board that will be tough to beat

2. Chester County - who will help Bianca this year if they are pressed? They are well coached but the younger players are still very untested. Whitney Holmes will have to step again this year like she did last year.

3. McNairy Central - always a strong team and is always coached well. They always find a way into the region championship in the past.

4. Fairview - won 17 ball games last year and return everyone that matters. They did well this summer and look much improved even from last year.

5. Stewart County - Return 5 of the top 7 players from last year including 2 all district performers from last year. Margaret Grasty and Jessica Smith both are threats in the hi -lo game and are college prospects.

6.Sycamore will find their way into the mix but still are maturing as a unit (how can a team find a way to win while only shooting 32% from the field

I think you are right about Chester County but Sycamore did not look that good this summer. They will be much better but Harpeth did much better this summer at camps. Cheatham also has lost a great deal from last year so they might be down this year.

1. Harpeth - even better then last year - their 2-2-1 defense looked great at martin westview - they have speed across the board that will be tough to beat

2. Chester County - who will help Bianca this year if they are pressed? They are well coached but the younger players are still very untested. Whitney Holmes will have to step again this year like she did last year.

3. McNairy Central - always a strong team and is always coached well. They always find a way into the region championship in the past.

4. Fairview - won 17 ball games last year and return everyone that matters. They did well this summer and look much improved even from last year.

5. Stewart County - Return 5 of the top 7 players from last year including 2 all district performers from last year. Margaret Grasty and Jessica Smith both are threats in the hi -lo game and are college prospects.

6.Sycamore will find their way into the mix but still are maturing as a unit (how can a team find a way to win while only shooting 32% from the field

Sounds like an educated list. Are you saying Harpeth can compete with CCHS? Sycamore is much bigger than harpeth this year and well coached. Can anyone run with CCHS?

Harpeth can hang with Chester County based on team camps. They won most of their games at martin westview's camp and did well elsewhere at other camps. Sycamore did horribly at Siegel's camp and most people that were there thought they were very much overrated. Just remember if you are going on their win - loss record from last year alone that quality of wins means more then just winning - they had the 71st ranked schedule of 2A schools so their wins were not usually against good schools. Offensively they are quick but lack the basic fundamentals offensively to attack a good pressing team. Their man defense is solid and will give some teams problems but playing man against Harpeth, Cheatham, and Chester will not work for great lengths of time. Sycamore has made great strides as they are much better then they were two years ago but still are getting better. Most of their better players this year will be Juniors so their best year is still to come.

As far as Chester County is concerned they will miss Lawanna Holiday a great deal. At the state championship game when she got into foul trouble the team let Austin East back into the ball game. It was not until she returned that they were able to ward off the roadrunners.

You made me take another look at fairview. Here's what I found. Of thier 17 wins 9

were against class A schools. They went 6-12 in AA games including a 1-9 dist. & 3-10 region record. You can improve from that and still not be in the top 5. In addition they are leaving a post dominated region to jion what ammounts to a track meet. My prediction they struggle to stay above 500 and fail.

You may be right about fairview - their schedule was weak at best last year and the struggled against the better teams on their schedule. They did do well this summer though as I don't believe they even lost a game at one of the team camps they were at. They reminded me a lot of Harpeth in the style that they play. They have a point guard that is definately college material although she is still young. I think they will do better in this district because they do like to run and gun versus the slow down game of their past district which they struggled with.

What about Creekwood - will they be better this year or not? People have been saying for quite some time that they would eventually be a team to be scared of in that area.

You may be right about fairview - their schedule was weak at best last year and the struggled against the better teams on their schedule. They did do well this summer though as I don't believe they even lost a game at one of the team camps they were at. They reminded me a lot of Harpeth in the style that they play. They have a point guard that is definately college material although she is still young. I think they will do better in this district because they do like to run and gun versus the slow down game of their past district which they struggled with.

What about Creekwood - will they be better this year or not? People have been saying for quite some time that they would eventually be a team to be scared of in that area.

They have two big post players and a very talanted so. point guard. Great school, awesome gym, very weak support so far. It's a football school and that seems to cary over to both basketball programs. However, they are still scarey on paper again this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the shooting guard that tore her acl from Creekwood returning? She was a great outside threat last year.

I'm told she is. I've also just been told that Harpeth beat Westview this summer at camp. Can anyone confirm this. My source said that Harpeth did not have any trouble playing with any of the region 7 & 8 teams. If that is true it changes my outlook on region 6.