Marion's Best

Marion County Man

I think that we are probaly the best program in the whole Chattanooga area because we have some of the best tradition and some of the best player's this area has seen have come out of here and I think that starting this year we are going to start going back to the way things used to be, but first we must win our first playoff game. I see the only other teams on our schedule that should give us trouble are Boyd and Tyner the rest we should pretty much handle.

I think that we are probaly the best program in the whole Chattanooga area because we have some of the best tradition and some of the best player's this area has seen have come out of here and I think that starting this year we are going to start going back to the way things used to be, but first we must win our first playoff game. I see the only other teams on our schedule that should give us trouble are Boyd and Tyner the rest we should pretty much handle.

825727565[/snapback]

Before any player/fan/coach on a team that Marion County will play gets all uptight about this post, please take the time to read Marion County Man's posts on his Sequatchie/South Pittsburg topic. As far as I'm concerned, he's lost all credibility for being taken seriously.

Edited by nohope

I see us going 7 - 3, with the losses coming from Murphy, Boyd and Tyner. IF we loose a fourth, it would be to Sequatchie, but I don't see that happening. I'm not convinced that we will loose to Boyd and I'm still predicting that we will win one game against the "Beasts" (Boyd & Tyner).

825727883[/snapback]

With Marion being Tyner's first home game, and the way that Tyner has started this year, that game at Tyner will be tough. Not to mention that Marion's last 4 ball games against Tyner have been 48-6 /49-19/40-10/47-14, Tyner winning. On the other hand, Marion will be Boyd's first region game, so Boyd is going to try to show they can play in this region. The prediction isnt looking to well. But dont get me wrong, I want Marion to whip the snot out of Boyd. But the challenge is definetly there. GOOD LUCK!

MC- Dad, I have sat in silence and read your posts as long as I can stand it. Marion's problem after Ken was ineffective coaching? I thnk not! I will rephrase this I know it was not coaching. Marion had a staff of Quality coaches who worked hard and knew their football. The problem was the community would not get behind the coaches and support them. Also, the talent pool at Jasper was not as good as it once was, Why do you think Kenny C left?? Look what he did his last year at MC. You can look at the guys that were on the staffand what they have done since they left Jasper and see for example Tim Taylor is the OC at Sequatchie now and look at the numbers they have put up the first two games. He was selected by his peers, coaches in the area, to coach in the East- West shrine game and is an excellent football coach. David Barger who was an assistant under Tim Taylor is now the head coach at Lake Co. where they went from 0-10 the year before he was hired to 8-3 his second year and runner up in the region where he was named Region coach of the year and West Tennessee Co-Coach of the year with Don Coady of Westview in 2004. Greg Brewer, also an assistant on that staff is now head coach at Grundy Co. and is one of the most liked and well respected coaches in the Sequatchie Valley. The folks in Jasper can make excuses and blame coaches all they want but truth be told lack of talent and community support for the staff led to the decline in the Warrior program.

MC- DAD, I know Barger very well myself and he did not leave because of head coaching, he left because of the lack of support and other things going on down there. If you want the truth he will tell ya just ask him. The problem was the community did not want Tim as head coach so they would not support him. He was stabbed in the back at every turn. He was never given a chance to prove himself. I do not know Pruitt and therefore will not judge him b/c he seems to be a good coach. Bottomline is it was not the staff at Marion that was the problem it ran deeper than that. Coach K and Coach Underwood are both good coaches and have done a great job before and after Tim. I am glad that the community is behind the program once again b/c the kids wearing the purple and white deserve that. Finally, as to thge part of not knowing, believe me when I say I know all to well how Tim and the staff was treated while they were at MCHS and that is one of the reasons they lost to good assistants.