Jp2 wins the Bishop's Cup

timbdp

Greg are you not one of the Ryan faithful? I don't know you at JP2....Thanks for the dignity you show in this loss, I know it must be hard to swallow but there'll be another game next year! I can't wait.

PS Hey where's Dink. I was just watching the tape of the game and heard his name called. I miss my old buddy Teddy! He hasn't had much to say.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't even know how father ryan people on this message board can talk right now. there's really no excuse for the score. we got outplayed second half (as usual) and could not compete against the athleticism of golden tate or brian sneed or whoever else. O-line played pitifully second half as did the defense. not much else to say.

Well i remember in a thread a few days ago Sneed was compared to Bateman...and someone thought it was hillarious. Bateman is stronger than Sneed, big deal. I think everyone can agree Sneed is a player, head and shoulders above Bateman. I don't believe Bateman did anything to get the headline in the Tennesseean today except maybe contributre to giving up fouty-nine points. I'll take Sneed's heart anyday...the guy is a great leader.

By the way, the score could have been worse, the starters were pulled, somthing i would not have done in the first meating ever. My boys put the message out, good luck on sneaking up on opponants anymore...I'm sure the rest will give you respect.

wait did someone just compare brian sneed to aaron bateman...hahahaha good one.  anyway 24 hours from now we will have a winner.  the rage is starting to creep inside...can't hold back much longer

825727372[/snapback]

Aaron whooooo?

Yeah Pope 57 I think that was Dink who said that. I guess that is why he doesn't have much to say. Hmmm Dink I guess you were wrong. We got a winner and so how's that rage now? :o

Guys, I hope that it hurts. It needs to. I thought that you boys had it together . So myself and all the guys from '91- '2002 get together and watch the game. What an embarassment! Could have sworne that a football game lasted four quorters.

We hold it togehter for a half. Whohoo, the last that i heard it takes 4 quarters to win a football game!( at least that's what it took when I played).What a JOKE! Great first half guys, but you have to finish. Davis , Arron, Ernie, and the rest I love you all , but what happened? That was JPII. I hope that you are imbarassed, that means that you actually cared as much as I did. heck, I didn't loose to MBA either ,so I guess that we don"t have that much in common anyway. That was the easiest game on our schedule and hope fully we are better than that.

For all of you that played in this game, That was not FATHER RYAN FOOTBALL! It was a sham! Father Ryan Football is play hard untl the last whistel, play clean, and whip your Rivals Butt. You guys did none or the above. What happened?

If you are mad or ticked off, there are tons of us alumni that will take you at any time. Quit embarassing us!!! What is it going to take to let you guys know that you are representing more than yourselves!  There is a long tradition that has come before you, please respect it.

825729009[/snapback]

This qoute is indicative of the problem. " That was JP2" what the heck is that supposed to mean. Do we think that are players would be that much better?? Did we think that we would outcoach the Knights??? I think we have confused PRIDE with underestimation and arrogance toward JP2. JP2 seniors have played just as much football as the senior class from Ryan. They were better organized and played the entire contest. If anyone thought that the tradition of Ryan intimidated JP2..you are living in the past.

WOW. I dont know how many saw the game on Comcast last night, but what a tail kicking Father Ryan got in the second half. I read the posts on other threads prior to the game and Ryan needs to close the mouth and get in shape. Is JP2 that good or was it a fluke. I do not know, but one thing is for sure Father Ryan was soundly defeated by a 5 year old High School. Jp2 whipped the heck out of both lines of scrimmage. Ryan sure aint what it used to be. Lets hear some smack from the Irish nation....You all got your teeth kicked out. :o

Jp2 went 7-3 last yr in the regular season so winning is becoming a tradition, quite the opposite of Ryan the last several years. This is only JP2's fourth year in existence and they have now assumed the leading rold in Catholic athletics in Nashville and BY FAR passed Ryan in academics (that wasn't hard) Jp2 also beat Greenbriar last week the 3a state runner up from last yr so destroying a Father Ryan team that is lucky to win 2 or 3 games on the D2 AAA level (hardest in the state) with Ryan's schedule being as hard as it is not surprising. Ryan has played sloppy this year, just ask Ravenwood who made them look just as bad in their scrimmage. This was no fluke, 49-21 is hard to be a fluke anyway. Ryan fans and players especially are really good at talking and excuses, of course their play of the last several years has made that almost a neccessity.

aaron bateman was good in 7th and 8th grade yet there were still two better backs in the parochial system then, golden and the CKS back. bateman has no idea what to do on defense, he runs where he wants and tries to make plays, leaving lanes that any back on JPII could have cut back through. CONTAIN, what part about that word do ryan defensive ends, cornerbacks, and linebackers not understand?? if you leave your spot on the field you open up a gap that a player like tate will run right to. on offense you are always taught to run to where the defense isn't and when you're playing against a bunch of guys who either don't know where to be or have other things on their mind (i.e. bateman wanting to be a star) you have points on the board and time off the clock. corey stewart looks like an abused dog in the pocket, watching him progress since his 8th grade year at St. Henry has been unbearable as he has been misused and mistrusted(he is NOT a quarterback or any kind of player capable of making a game changing impact). why not play ryan blair at qb? you would think a hardworking and knowledgable player with the prototypical build of a stand in the pocket and deliver the ball kind of qb would get used but then again after watching summer scrimmages and seeing some of the juniors on the bench right now who really want to play and bust their hinds all summer yet aren't i guess one can see why ryan always blows it. ryan really does expect people to just drop the ball for them and lay down, all summer long i saw arm tackles in scrimmages and low and behold what happened last night....ryan players getting out of position and sticking a limb in the path of a guy running 20 yards down field for a first.