ALL MARION COUNTY TEAM

Shadrick69

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's too early to make a list of players from this year, with the teams playing a total of 4 games, you don't know who is going to stand out just yet. For all-time, you might want to have a list of the best from the last 10 to 15 years and then one from prior to that since it's hard to compare players from different eras. The players now are probably bigger and faster for the most part, but the ones from back then probably would be now too with the same type conditioning and lifting programs. In the last 15 years or so, I'd say

QB: Tim Starkey, S Pitt 99, 1-A interest

RB: Eric Westmoreland, Marion County 95, Tennessee, NFL

RB: Derek Springs, Marion 02, Cumberland KY

RB: Cory Tipton, S Pitt 95, West Georgia?

WR: Anthony Martin, Marion County 95, UTC

WR: Antonio Robinson, South Pittsburg 05

TE: Shawn Fletcher, Whitwell 94?, Carson-Newman

OL: Chip Lockhart, Whitwell/Marion 92, MTSU

OL: Aaron Chambers, S Pitt 99, App St?

OL: Paul Tidwell, Whitwell 03, UTC

K: Mike Jackson, S Pitt 99

All-Purpose: Ron Cook, S Pitt 03

DL: Kenny Smith, Marion/N Jackson 95, 1st team USA all-american

DL: Ruben Prince, Marion 89

DL: Dan Merriman, S Pitt 98, Tennessee Tech

DL: Ben Petty, Whitwell 93, Maryville

LB: TJ Gentle, Marion 93, MTSU

LB:Rodney Rankin, Marion 90

LB:Jason Muir Marion 94, UTC

LB:Joe Dan Gudger, Marion 97, Western Carolina

DB: Perry Hutchins, S Pitt 94, 1-A offers

DB:Sam Pickett, S Pitt 99, college offers

DB:Brian Janeway, Marion 90., Tennessee Tech

DB: Eddie Moore, S Pitt 98, Tennessee, NFL

P: Coby Holtcamp, Whitwell 92

KR: Charles Coffey, Marion 99

The colleges are where the players signed, but some didn't play. I included Kenny Smith because he was already a really good player in his first two years in Jasper, even before going to North Jackson. I didn't include anyone like Peardon from Boyd-Buchanan, Stephen Allison from North Jackson, even though they may have been from Marion County. When I think of a couple more linemen I will add them.

Edited by Indian

you can't have a list like that without the best marion county player ever in eddie brown. he was an awsome player at ut and a preatty good free safty and punt return in the nfl.

i also think you have to include bill baker as well.

825731479[/snapback]

"For all-time, you might want to have a list of the best from the last 10 to 15 years and then one from prior to that since it's hard to compare players from different eras."

There were several I immediately noticed off the list:

Jeff Gudger (LB) 83-87, ETSU, A starter at LB who gave up his last yr of eligibility

to go to medical school.

Pumpy Tudors (P/RB/DB) 83-87 UTC/San Francisco 49ers. All State at 4 different

positions in high school....rb, db, punter and kick returner. 3 time all

american punter at utc.

Jim Cheaves (RB) Early 80's. Tennessee Wesleyan

Jim Fowler (RB) Early 80's. Tennessee Wesleyan

Eddie Brown (DB) 70's. UT All American, Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Rams

David Donohue (RB) Early 90's. Tennessee Tech

There were several I immediately noticed off the list:

Jeff Gudger  (LB) 83-87,  ETSU, A starter at LB who gave up his last yr of eligibility

to go to medical school.

Pumpy Tudors (P/RB/DB) 83-87 UTC/San Francisco 49ers.  All State at 4 different 

positions in high school....rb, db, punter and kick returner.  3 time all

american punter at utc.

Jim Cheaves (RB) Early 80's.    Tennessee Wesleyan

Jim Fowler (RB) Early 80's.    Tennessee Wesleyan

Eddie Brown (DB) 70's.  UT All American, Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Rams

David Donohue  (RB) Early 90's.  Tennessee Tech

825731806[/snapback]

"For all-time, you might want to have a list of the best from the last 10 to 15 years and then one from prior to that since it's hard to compare players from different eras."

ITS REALLY NOT FAIR TO COME UP WITH A LIST OF ALL TIME BEST BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN SOOOO MANY GREAT ATHLETES TO COME THROUGH ALL PROGRAMS IN THE SEQUATCHIE VALLEY SUCH AS TJ GENTLE, RUSTY ADCOCK, DAVID HALE, BRANDON PRICE, DANIEL BERRY HILL, BRANDON CHANCE, JASON SAYLORS, DONNIE PEMBERTON, AND THATS JUST A FEW OF THE HUNDRED THAT I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW. A TEAM COULD BE PUT TOGETHER IF TIME WOULD REWIND AND WE COULD FREEZE EVERYONE IN TIME THAT COULD COMPETE WITH ANY COLLEGE.

ITS REALLY NOT FAIR TO COME UP WITH A LIST OF ALL TIME BEST BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN SOOOO MANY GREAT ATHLETES TO COME THROUGH ALL PROGRAMS IN THE SEQUATCHIE VALLEY SUCH AS TJ GENTLE, RUSTY ADCOCK, DAVID HALE, BRANDON PRICE, DANIEL BERRY HILL, BRANDON CHANCE,  JASON SAYLORS,  DONNIE PEMBERTON, AND THATS JUST A FEW OF THE HUNDRED THAT I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW.  A TEAM COULD BE PUT TOGETHER IF TIME WOULD REWIND AND WE COULD FREEZE EVERYONE IN TIME THAT COULD COMPETE WITH ANY COLLEGE.

825732217[/snapback]

:D BRANDON PRICE IN WHAT A PIE EATING CONTEST, THAT GUY ISNT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO PUT ON A ALL 90'S PIRATE TEAM!!! :D:(:lol: