TENNESSEE HIGH at ELIZABETHTON

GLee

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can draw out some intelligent beings on this one :lol:

Gonna be a very tough game. What's your take?

Vikings set at 1-0 vs. Va. High

Cyclones at 0-2 vs. DB & Science Hill

Analyze this or that..........

825729233[/snapback]

I heard Tenn. High doesn't run the usual wing t offense we are used to seeing. They are throwing a little bit more. I'm really confused about this Eliz. squad. They have the talent but it seems like they aren't getting the right people in there.

I heard Tenn. High doesn't run the usual wing t offense we are used to seeing. They are throwing a little bit more. I'm really confused about this Eliz. squad. They have the talent but it seems like they aren't getting the right people in there.

825729253[/snapback]

Maybe they should have tried that last year because the QB for THS could throw better and they might actually have given maryville a run insteas of a blowout.

I've seen both teams play, but there is still a few questions to be answered.

Can Tennessee High play well away?

Is Elizabethton getting better as the season progresses?

QB:

I feel this could go either way. I know Elizabethton has a second string QB behind Weston, but can he do well the entire game?

Tennessee High has two capable QBs that can run and pass the ball. Daniel Booher has been quicker off the snap than Weston and has been more composed.

RB:

Elizabethton has Peterson, who has grinded it out against DB's defense and Science Hill's

Tennessee High has several, including a wide receiver that may play a little in the backfield. I'm not sure if Carletan Bell will be able to play or not. He got a big gain against Virginia High and kept on trying to escape tackles and ended up turning his knee. He was able to walk off the field under his own power, but he wasn't out there in the second half.

Passing Attack:

I feel Weston Jeffers can throw well if the line is able to block.

Tennessee High rarely threw last Thursday. They may throw more in this game if the Cyclones can stop the run.

Defense:

Both teams have done well on defense. Even though the score doesn't reflect it, Elizabethton's D was able to contain DB on several possessions.

Tennessee High's defense prevented Virginia High from getting into the red zone until the 4:00 mark in the 4th Quarter when Andre Ayala (former Viking player?) scored on a run.

Special Teams:

I would have to give this to Tennessee High. Nathan Miller kicked two of them into the endzone and pretty much placed the others where he wanted. He was making 50 yard field goals in practice, so as long as the snap is good and he has time, he can kick'em through.

Homefield Advantage:

Goes to the Cyclones, obviously. Tennessee will have to get used to that this year.

Great detail and very deep into the Vikings. It's going to be a good one for sure. What kind of score do you see?

825729826[/snapback]

Both defenses have been good, which may point to a low scoring game.

Tennessee High's offense can score very, very quickly though. One missed tackle can result in a big gain.

For example, Coach Stubbs put De'Shaud in at halfback for a total of two plays and he had over 100 yards rushing and 1 touchdown. Ryan Shaw and Carletan Bell aren't as quick but they were making the same types of plays last year.

I thought it was going to be a nailbiter. The Vikings had no trouble moving the ball in the first half but penalties, injuries, and coaching hurt them and the went to halftime only leading 3-0. They came back onto the field in the 3rd quarter and scored 3 touchdowns and one early in 4th and basically tried to run the clock out from there.

The Vikings are gonna have to believe in the unknown. This is pretty much the same Quarterfinal team from last year, but like last year, they're having trouble early.

How many did you say they have returning. I know they lost Nave, who was a great player on the defense.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Both defenses have been good, which may point to a low scoring game.

Tennessee High's offense can score very, very quickly though. One missed tackle can result in a big gain.

For example, Coach Stubbs put De'Shaud in at halfback for a total of two plays and he had over 100 yards rushing and 1 touchdown. Ryan Shaw and Carletan Bell aren't as quick but they were making the same types of plays last year.

I thought it was going to be a nailbiter. The Vikings had no trouble moving the ball in the first half but penalties, injuries, and coaching hurt them and the went to halftime only leading 3-0. They came back onto the field in the 3rd quarter and scored 3 touchdowns and one early in 4th and basically tried to run the clock out from there.

The Vikings are gonna have to believe in the unknown. This is pretty much the same Quarterfinal team from last year, but like last year, they're having trouble early.

How many did you say they have returning. I know they lost Nave, who was a great player on the defense.

825729845[/snapback]

5 on offense

4 on defense