TENNESSEE HIGH at ELIZABETHTON

GLee

Shelly,  You may very well be right concerning the outcome of this Friday's game. The work ethic at Elizabethton is not there. No doubt, it pays to play better competition, but if they don't wake up and realize that they could better themselves even more during thier weekly practices, they will be only a shadow of what they should be. I think Coach Pless is getting fed up with many of the young men that wear the black & orange. Doing something about it is his job. I think we all look for more leadership from some of the players and it is not happening. If you can't 'get up' for games like this you need to walk.

825736140[/snapback]

Read above!

Shelly, I call 'Uncle'. You guys arn't the team you had last year, but you still have plenty. The difference is the discipline installed by your coaching staff. They execute very well. Your defense stands tall, but there are no signs of an offense in this town. Elizabethton has the talent, but you have to know what to do with it and obviously, they don't. Congradulations to you guys and maybe we can hook up in the post season. Actually we had a better game on here between ourselves :rolleyes:

Betsy has two weeks off and I would strongly suggest that they revamp their entire offense and teach some blocking techniques (line and backs). The kids have got to learn to work in practice and use this next off season bettering themselves. I would say Coach PLess wishes he wouldn't have missed the offensive camp at Clemson. Going to that type of offense is going to be their only way out against descent teams. There are a few position and personel changes that I would make very quick, but I don't know if the staff has the backbone to do it. What a shame. AND that is saying it nicely. PLease someone print this and take it to school. They need someone to show them the way.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off week over here, so I came to Cow Town. What a mistake. I really thought Elizabethton had some potential. TN. High showed too much aggression on the Cylcones bringing on several penalties, but hey, aggression is what football is about. I shouldn't say this, but #8 is too explosive to be on the sidelines for Betsy on offense. Get him going and find another reciever besides 15 who wants the ball.

Too one dimensional.

Good luck next week.

Shelly, I call 'Uncle'. You guys arn't the team you had last year, but you still have plenty. The difference is the discipline installed by your coaching staff. They execute very well. Your defense stands tall, but there are no signs of an offense in this town. Elizabethton has the talent, but you have to know what to do with it and obviously, they don't. Congradulations to you guys and maybe we can hook up in the post season. Actually we had a better game on here between ourselves :rolleyes:

Betsy has two weeks off and I would strongly suggest that they revamp their entire offense and teach some blocking techniques (line and backs). The kids have got to learn to work in practice and use this next off season bettering themselves. I would say Coach PLess wishes he wouldn't have missed the offensive camp at Clemson. Going to that type of offense is going to be their only way out against descent teams. There are a few position and personel changes that I would make very quick, but I don't know if the staff has the backbone to do it. What a shame. AND that is saying it nicely. PLease someone print this and take it to school. They need someone to show them the way.

825737441[/snapback]

Shelley, Take note: GLee is a very staunch supporter of his Cyclones, but at game's end he's always first to give credit to the Winning Team.

The Cyclones have now been swept by the Tri Cities, to go 0-and-3. It was bound to be a tough beginning of the season for EHS, but I felt that they might actually be 2-and-1 now. Oh well.

And about giving the post to Coach Pless: GLee, you mind if I "paste" it to my Sports Edit Article about the Cyclones? But seriously, the offense doesn't seem to be able to drive the ball; and when they do, they don't seem to have the Punch to Finish Drives. To their credit, they have played three pretty tough opponents. Good post, GLee. Things will ge better in a hurry, if they don't bury their heads.

I want to say to all those people that were saying that Eliz. isn't that good, and they will be blown out, you are all right. Eliz. is getting ridiculous to watch. I can't stand it anymore. There are players out there playing their hearts out, and have the talent to win, but they aren't getting the results. I truly believe those coaches are the problem. I don't think the Cyclones will finish in the top four of the conference. They won't make the playoffs. I am tired of putting my faith in that team, and yes, it is pretty bad when someone is throwing in the towel after 3 games. Hey, you never know, they MIGHT beat Unicoi County.

EHS is awful. The 3-5 defense is no good against the run. The only reason they play it is because Tennessee runs it and Van Huss must think he is in Knoxville. The offense is worse than awful. They have an off week and they need to blow up the offense and start all over but that would take effort from the coaches and they cannot even show up to watch film. I said last year they were not that good and people bad mouthed me and I said the same thing this year and some people still bad mouthed me but I think all the nay sayers are seeing the light. 19 points for and 64 against so I guess they will get beat 21-6 every game. Unicoi is the only sure win. East, North, Greeneville and Johnson County will be toss ups and South will run it down their throats. They should beat Central but that is no sure thing. Sad times in the whole EHS athletic department.

SAD TIMES AT EHS A TRUELY PROUD PROGRAM IS BEING DESTROYED BY A BUNCH OF GUYS WHO COULD CARE LESS.THESE KIDS WANT TO WIN BUT HAVE ZERO LEADERSHIP FROM THE STAFF.IF I WAS GOING TO LOSE I WOULD CERTAINLY DO IT WITH MY YOUNG KIDS.BUT SOME OF THEM ONLY GET 1 CHANCE.I SURE MISS THE INTENSITY AND DRIVE OF THE RIDER DAYS,BUT I GUESS ALL GOOD THINGS MUST END.I SEE COACHES HOLDING OUT THEIR ARMS TO KIDS ON THE FIELD AND I HATE TO SEE THAT ,THESE KIDS DESERVE MORE THAN A SHOULDER SHRUG.CONGRATS TO COACH STUBBS AND HIS WELL COACHED TEAM,THEY PLAY HARD AND LEAVE IT ON THE FIELD.PROUD OF #8,#11,#26,#77 HANG IN THERE GUYS AND DONT GIVE UP THERE IS A LOT OF FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED YET.IF THE SENIORS WONT LEAD THEN YOU GUYS NEED TO TAKE OVER,IF THE STAFF WILL LET YOU.ALSO PROUD OF #47 VIKING,GREAT KID.

Well, we need to work on those penalties. Coach Stubbs didn't open up the playbook in the 3rd like he did last week...just tried run the clock out from the beginning of the 3rd. Maybe because a certain team has an of week?

I could tell Elizabethton wanted it in the second half. If coaching improves they WILL be a threat in this conference. Some of you Cyclone fans are a little negative on here. With the exception of South, you have faced your toughest opponents this season. You will see that later in the season.

HAS ANY ONE IN FOOTBALL LAND EVER HEARD OF A 3 MAN FRONT INSIDE THE 10 YD.LINE OR AM I JUST A GOOF.GO CYCLONES!

The defensive cordinator will blame it all on the players. He should not be in that position but you can say the same thing about 95% of the staff. They jump and yell in pregame but once the DB and TN High game started they were flat. If you saw the JC Press write up you can see how some people with connections and positions inside the school system should not cover their team. Fritz said ELizabethton dominated the 2nd half. TN High just tried to run out the clock and made sure of no turnovers because they knew Eliz could not get 3 scores on their own. If Tn High wanted I am sure they could have scored 35 points. The media can kiss all the Elizabethton butts they want but with each stupid article they write their credibility is slipping away or already gone. I wish someone would tell the truth in the media.

Well, we need to work on those penalties. Coach Stubbs didn't open up the playbook in the 3rd like he did last week...just tried run the clock out from the beginning of the 3rd. Maybe because a certain team has an of week?

I could tell Elizabethton wanted it in the second half. If coaching improves they WILL be a threat in this conference. Some of you Cyclone fans are a little negative on here. With the exception of South, you have faced your toughest opponents this season. You will see that later in the season.

825738105[/snapback]

It is sad that the most positive post about Elizabethton has to come from a Viking fan, but he is right. Betsy will win 5 or 6 of their final 7 games and will make the playoffs. Don't bail out on your team after 3 tough losses against three good football teams. Cyclones still have heart and it will show. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

It is sad that the most positive post about Elizabethton has to come from a Viking fan, but he is right. Betsy will win 5 or 6 of their final 7 games and will make the playoffs. Don't bail out on your team after 3 tough losses against three good football teams. Cyclones still have heart and it will show.  Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

825738136[/snapback]

Coach, no one has bailed, but changes have to be made. I was very critical of the offense, and rightfully so. But defensively, they are going to have more shoulder injuries from "arm tackling". And yes, my kid got an ear full too. These kids had a great start in the early practices, but the intensity was gone two weeks before the season started. There is no work ethic, as I posted earlier. I have no doubt that they will win 4-5 of there next 7, but that won't get you too far. The coaches expect more, the kids expect more and the fans expect more. It's there. The know-how to draw it out is not being put out. They should have had a team get together today.

Edited by GLee

I’d like to say congrads to the Vikings. Great execution on O and the defense smothered what little offence Betsy had. I commend coach Stubs and his staff. It’s obvious that he took more than just the embarisment of getting stomped away from Maryville last year. He and the other coaches have worked hard from the time the bus pulled back up to the field house that morning and he has been determined to raise the bar for the Viking football program AND IT SHOWS!!!! As a fan I can look at a team and tell weather they are well coached or just blessed with a multitude of talent. The Vikings do have talent but last night it was obvious to me that they had been well groomed for this game! Coach Stubs showed a lot of class by playing very conservative in the second half. The Vikings could have EASILY run the score up to 35 or 40 points.

I WON’T EVEN GET INTO THE OFFICIATING!! The Cyclones only had 50 yards more in TOTAL O than the Vikings were charged in penalties! That’s two years in a row the officials suited up in Orange and Black. Say what you want but if you were at the game or even if you just listened to Elizabethton’s own radio station AM 1200 you know what I’m talking about. You better make sure you get that same crew for the South game.

We may not win the state championship this year but the Vikings have already shattered a lot of doubt and proven themselves to be one of the top contenders in the MLC! That brings me to the BRISTOL HERALD COURIER. What is their problem!!!! :o For two weeks straight the BRISTOL HERALD has picked the Vikings to be on the loosing end. This week they even said that the Cyclones were “loaded with talent” and they listed a Viking freshman player (Adam Tabor) who was injured in the freshman practice as a factor in last nights game. They even had one of their clown reporters at the practice at the time it happened. Maybe they should ask which is the freshman practice and which is varsity and they could save themselves from making another ridiculous prediction. Next I guess East will be a heavy favorite over the Vikings in the BRISTOL HERALD!!!! :o

By the way Congrads to the Patriots! No surprise to me. :thumb: