Knox Halls at Central

Red_Devils_HHS

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leonard: always enjoy your posts. Will you be at the Central/Halls game this week?

I was reading your post about this game in your thread. I think that Central will find a complete game offense as the season goes on. Last year we had played Greeneville and Wm Blount. They were not as good defensively as Bell Co and Farragut this year. Last week the running game found itself and the passing attack fell apart. The previous week, it was just the opposite. Zack is going to have to spread the ball around to make up for Terence Scott. Once that happens, Central will have a very tough team. I think they will be a better defensive team this year. Once Longworth gets healthy, they will be even better. I expect the points to go up and the defense to get even more stout.

Keep up the good work.

I think the Red Devil fans have given up on this rivalry.  They are focused on Powell.  By reading some of the things said on the Powell/Lenior City thread, they are turning the Powell fans into erst-while Bobcat fans :lol:

Hope the Red Devil faithful show up at this game.  Game time is 7:30 in case y'all didn't know ;)

Maybe the Red Devil faithful are afraid to talk trash this year as in years past. 

(maybe this will get someone stirred up :lol:  :thumb: )

825734263[/snapback]

Powell is definitely the big rival now. Central is always an interesting game tho coz so many of the halls players know the central players, so there's a pride factor thrown in there, who gets the bragging rights around their friends. Also a little bitterness at those players who left halls for central way back when. Oh how halls could have been if no one had transferred and if shephard had left earlier (alot of guys transferre coz they didnt want to play for him). Could have rebuilt the halls dynasty of the 90's

Edited by Red_Devils_HHS

i think this one ends up being a pretty good game. as a devil i would like to say they will win and i do think this is the best halls team that they have had in a while but im going to stay with my prediciton at the start of the season that centrals wins it all. there just to talented. central-28 halls-13. but it could be alot closer and halls may win if my boy helton does not put up big numbers. and about the thing that halls pays more attention to powell you are right cause year in year out we can compete will powell better. and i do think that halls beats powell come week 7.

Good post ptp10. This will be a very good game and also probably the best chance for Halls to win for atleast a couple of years being that all 11 of Halls' starters on defense are seniors and atleast 7 or so on the offensive side of the ball. Halls in this game, as with every game will play with heart but i think Central will win this game 17-10. Look for some crazy stuff to happen if Halls does win. And the Halls-Powell rivalry in my opinion is as big as any in the state. Look for a very good game there and in the basketball season too :thumb: but for now Go Big Red!

Edited by hhsbball12

i seriously don't think this game will be as big of a blow out as many people are saying it will be. i'm not saying that halls is going to go in and beat the crap out of them and blow out central either. this game is going to be very close. the team that wins this one is going to be the team that plays with the most heart and capitalizes on the other's mistakes. this is goin to be a great game.

It is all about speed. Halls traditionally is a little slower so they have to play harder and smarter to win. If they keep Central from getting the big plays, they have a chance. Halls look like they are playing with more heart and better fundamentals this year. Win or lose, I think things are heading in the right direction in Halls.

I will pick Central 16 - 9 in a FG contest just to be different.

The Debils will win this one in a suqeaker 14-10. Helton will get sacked at least 3 times by big John Vandegriff and Justen Cox. The Debils have IT going this year. Central has not played like the superstars that they shuld be. Halls will be the upeset of the week.

Glad this will be on TV so I can hopefuly watch the replay later this week.

nuff said,

bbs

Bobby--you must have got a hold of some bad gator. This one is a 3 td victory for the Cats. Just a note to you Debil fans. The mighty Red Devil offense has not scored a TD from scrimmage since the 2000 season on the Cats. That is 1 field goal and a Jake Mynatt kickoff return last year. Let's see if you can this year :thumb: