Knox Halls at Central

Red_Devils_HHS

This isn't going to be a Battle- they should call this the "Slaughter of Black Oak Ridge".  Central has all its kinks worked out now and they are gonna send the Red Devils back over the Ridge with their tails tucked between their legs

825737202[/snapback]

Sorry Cleveland,

No tails between legs tonight.

Central 26 Halls 14 in a pretty good ball game. Turnovers and penalties but still a good game. Halls even threw the ball a little. Good job to both teams and I still think things are looking up in Halls.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Cleveland,

No tails between legs tonight.

Central 26  Halls 14  in a pretty good ball game. Turnovers and penalties but still a good game. Halls even threw the ball a little. Good job to both teams and I still think things are looking up in Halls.

825737565[/snapback]

You're right- the score will allow the Devils to keep their heads up. But considering Central spotted them a missed FG, 2 missed PAT's, a fumble inside the 20, and about a thousand yards in penalties- Halls is lucky to get out that easy.

Halls will win a lot of game this year, though.

if we are going to talk about given anybody anything halls gave central everthing they got with exception of two long plays. the missed field goal did not matter cause of the penalty. the interception should have never been thrown and we had a touchdown called back cause of a holding. the game could have been dif. without the hold that would have made it 26-21 with 7 min. togo. but i will say this about my boy helton he is toughest player in knox. no questions asked. to play with a minor concusion and still play good my hats off to the man. he plays like a true champ. but my hats are off to the red devils cause they played there hearts out and we might as well have shepard back as the offensive cord. i have never seen out of halls what i seen lastnight the coaches gave up at the end who runs the ball with 2:30 on the clock down by 2 scores. even some of the players could not believe that the coaches would give up on them.

First of all, I thought that was the best Halls had played Central in several years. They played hard and they played physical. #45 Reese is a very good player. He's big, fast and tough. He should get to play somewhere on Saturdays. Halls also passed the ball more than I thought they would. They had some success early with throwing fades over the DBs. #1 is a nice reciever. Halls has way too many kids going both ways. They can't win against the better teams playing that many like that. Lucas has got a horrible habit of trying to jump and throw the ball. He doesn't have that big of an arm anyway, and that just takes even more velocity off the ball. That was the reason Nance was able to step in front of the Halls reciever and intercept it. I also don't understand why Julian didn't try to do more when they had the ball with a couple of minutes left to play. It looks like he gave up. All in all, though, I thought Halls was much better and should be a playoff team this year.

Central played well when they didn't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties. The paper listed them as having 12 and Halls 4. Both had more than that. Central was just plain much faster and talented. Central's speed was the reason they won this game. Central's D is very good. Teams are having a hard time running consistantly on them and they put a ton of pressure on the QBs when they attempt to pass. They sacked Lucas on numerous occasions. That statement that Halls gave Central everything but 2 long plays was wrong. Central drove the field with some nice running and quick outs to the recievers. They earned what they got. Zach is still having a hard time with the long passes to recievers. I think time will cure that. Gaston and Nance had very good games. They were difference makers.

A good win for the Cats. They get a bye before facing Lenior City.