Franklin vs Ravenwood

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Ravenwood does not have time to hang their heads this week & feel sorry for themselves because of the BA loss. Ravenwood knows what lies ahead. They know what they have to work on this week & that is holding on to the ball & the untimely penalties. Those two things killed them against BA. If they can achieve those two things they should be fine. The intensity & the physical play is there. The little things is what wins the big games. I agree with BDD on the fact that Franklin should focus on the passing game more than the running game. Ravenwood did a pretty good job against a very talented running game against BA. I am not real familiar with Franklins ground attack but I dont think they have what BA has. BA didnt throw a whole lot but was efective when they did throw. Who knows whats going to happen if this Katrina hangs around & causes the field to be sloppy. Looking forward to a great game.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard schools are already closed in Williamson County for tomorrow, heck they just told us to have an umbrella handy(which i forgot to get from home), but anway, what does this do for each team from a practice standpoint if there really is supposed to be as much rain as i hear there is. Does franklin decide to try to run the ball due to poor weather conditions. Does Ravenwood feel that they can go deep with jennings to his receivers over Franklins defensive backs? Could be a very very interesting game this week. LOok forward to hearing all of the good things from frnaklin, keep it up boys and youll go far.

Don't think there's much to add .... weather is going to be perfect 85 for the high ...probably about 75 at game time with a low of 63 forecasted...perfectly clear skies. Franklins new lower crown field at Howard Gamble Stadium looks as green as green can be. Don't know how much topdressing has been done to fill in the cracks between the sod but the turf should be ready.

Come early as the parking will be extremely limited with the construction that's going on. Remember too that Franklin has only one ticket window and it tends to form long lines at big games! I remember the Germantown game two years ago where many missed the first quarter standing in line rying to get a ticket to get in!

Don't know the fate of the power "F" in the middle of the field....many things changing under the new coaching structure... hope it is there.

This is a pivital game for FHS ... they need to have a more coheasive effort from the OL. The QB needs to get outside and freelance with his run / pass decision.

The secondary has to play tighter than they did against Oakland. They have a lot of inexperience at safetyand corners but they are going to have to be more aggressive with a passer like Jennings.

The critical point I would make is that Franklin Defenses are known for allowing the DE to "read" and "stretch" rather than line up outside and penetrate fast. The fear obviously that you lose outside contain if you let your DE be mavericks.

While Jennings is dangerous if you lose containment ... I believe he is more dangerous if you give him time to make all his reads. I think we possess the speed to catch him if he trys to get outside but we don't have the seasoned DBs to cover receivers for 4+ seconds.

If Franklin can throw the ball 30+ times I think we win, if we try to run between the tackles more than a half a dozen times we lose. Keep the ball outside and test their corners on the deep route. Stay away from short slants because of their talent at LBs. John Bell having a 40+ yd punting average will help, hopefully he is not called upon.

Should be a great game. The winner comes out as the "future challenger to Riverdale" but remember that the road has to go through Brentwood and Region 5 and it is a long season !

If the F isn't at the 50, I won't be a happy camper. There's no reason to mess with that tradition of sorts.

And as usual, a great breakdown of the game. You've been complaining about the DEs for years now. I wouldn't imagine you'd finally get your wish this week. However, this would be a heck of a week for it to happen, because I agree with your strategy there. I, too, think it's the best way to keep Jennings and the Ravenwood offense in check. We'll see though...

GO REBS!

I love what coach clayton has done with this team on the field but i disagree with several of the things he is doing off the field. I hear he has changed the power F and now i am hearing that he doesnt want it on the field. I also noticed fromsome of BDD's pictures that there are no stripes on teh helmets this year. Hmmm... some things need to be left alone but i cannot argue with the way he is coaching this years team. I look for them to come out Friday night and play there bestgame of the season so far and for them to be more focused and to have less penalties. GOod luck boys, will be listening to updates

BDD, let it be known that we don't want it changed! I'll be made as Hades if it isn't there Friday night (and thus not there when I'm there for Homecomming). The black jerseys having to go last year is one thing... this is another. All in all, not a big deal, but man. I haven't seen a nicer looking field across the state! The F makes all the difference.

The game field has been locked up tight .... I would have loved to have seen Franklin go to black and white painted endzones similar to the days of the old AFL. Either a series of Black Diamonds on a white background or a Black and White checkerboard.

Oh well .... In looking at Ravenwood's roster I was surprised to see how they were on paper. I may be wrong but some of there starting lineman are 180-190. I know ...its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog .... but I'm still surprised.

I hope we can get to Jennings ....does anone know what his numbers were? Mikrut leads the midstate according to the Tenessean ...but no mention of Jennings!

Passing Leaders

Name School ATT CMP YDS TD 2PT

Michael Mikrut Franklin 36 19 376 0 0

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Ravenwood 6 30-122 5-6-0 61 6-5 3-45.0 9-75

Brentwood Acad. 13 41-126 9-11-1 70 4-1 4-30.0 4-30

I found the Ravenwood Stats from last week... 5 of 6? ... 5 of 6? I guess it was the weather but why if your QB starts out 5 of 6 ... do you stop at 6?

The seniors of the past three seasons have been beggind Dicerson to allow painted endzones,if not jsut for homecoming or senior night, but she would ahve none of it because of th cost. I really dont want to get into it becaus eof all of the money this team has brought in, but o well. Heard from someone that was at the game that Ravenwood couldnt hold on to the ball to save their lives. I was on the phone during one play and i guess they ball was snapped by jennings for a 17, or was it 27, yard loss. If Franklin can capatlize on Ravenwoods smallest mistakes and get rid of some of their own they will win this game. If franklin does not come out and play the way they know how then it could be a long night. I suspect them to come out and play to the very fine line of going out of control and play smart football.