page vs. david lipscomb

pagedude

Perhaps both teams will come out, offenses blazing. I'm banking on a 5 or 6 Overtime finish. That will qualify it as an authentic barn burner. Depending on how much hay is in the barn, it could last even longer than your average barn burner. On the other hand, which happens to be the more popular of the two hands, it could be an ugly football game where the two teams don't combine for 25 points. Either way, it's got to be more interesting than this thread has been, so bring on Friday night at Reese Smith...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
C'mon catfish...you are just trying to rile people up...I guarantee Page is hungry and not patting themselves on the back.

Page is ready!

Moe to come!

825736323[/snapback]

I know from experience and I am telling you that it is hard to come back with the same level of intensity that you had after winning a big game against a program like White House.

Best of luck to both teams tomorrow night and I wish Page fans, players, and coaches a safe trip to & from DL :thumb:

Well, thank you catfish...we need all the luck we can get......no one gives us a chance.

I read the Mustang perpective and though it is typically slanted, I can only hope that we put up a good battle and escape with our lives. We will get in our beat up buses and spend $458 on gas to get to the game, put on our lowly uniforms and go out to try to make a good showing............hmm

I think a real test for DL will be the weekly grind of 3a head-knocking in this region. It is week after week. There are no Stewart co and Houston co. 2a teams in this region. I think a seasoned Page team will surely test those Mustangs for four qtrs. I have seen teams shut down the Pats for most of a game and the "BOOM" ...Josh is off to the races. I have seen the Page "D" rise to the occasion and shut down potent offenses. Page will play hard all four qtrs.

If Page is focused and has very few mistakes, then the Pats will be in business.

The Page "D" has to step up bigtime.....NO big plays!!!

Special teams...you see this is where DL really is consistent. Page has to match that.

I look for a real head-knocker....and Page prevails 13-7!!!!

Stay Focused Patriots!!!!!

I can assure you, no one is "patting themselves on the back". We will beat DL by 5-10pts. They are well coached but we, at least this year, are more physical and will just continue to pound it at them. The 4th will be ours and we will smash it at them and see if they will break. They will

Page-21

DL-14

825736878[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Confucius for gracing us with his astute commentary in pregame CoachT action. Lipscomb will play football and see if they can win. Page will play football and see if they can win. Someone will.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Confucius for gracing us with his astute commentary in pregame CoachT action. Lipscomb will play football and see if they can win. Page will play football and see if they can win. Someone will.

825736907[/snapback]

BombSquad (B.S. how appropriate those are your initials), your reply to cobrakurt does not even make sense. Another weak attempt to be funny. Striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike Three!

This is a BIG region game!!!

I see both teams ready to play and here's to no serious injuries and clean play by both teams.

3A football.........yes!

Page wins 13-7 and even then it will be considered a "major" upset.....except for the Page faithful.

Keep your eye on the trenches....I think for DL to win, their LB's have to make 25 tackles and line play will be important for either team to win.

Can DL drive the ball down the field against the Pats??????????

I think Page and Lipscomb are both patsies. Cheatham County beat Page the last time we played. Lipscomb lost to a down Greenbrier team last week. We scored 43 points in a flash. I think the our seniors want this region title and we will begin earning it tonight in Giles County. As far as this game goes, its for 2 and 3 in the region.

I think the key to this game is the passing and it is being over looked big time. every BIG game that the patriots have lost over the last few years was due to the pass. Look no further than Greenbrier last year. Hernond got SHUT DOWN but page gave up several 3rd down plays on passes allowing greenbrier to win. If either team can hit 1 big pass play that will make the ultimate difference in this contest. I look for page to try a pass or two and would expect Libscomb to do the same so it should be inteesting. Watch the boot leg from DL