South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co.

country30

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about them? What r they doing that is so good?

825735711[/snapback]

That is a question as to what are we doing now that is so good. Well look at the D stats and you will see. 14 points in 2 games that speeks for itself. Now you say we haven't been tested. Your question is "what r they doing that is so good?" now you know the answer.

I don't understand why our D is getting questioned, is it now or the past you are questioning? As of right now our defense is outstanding... sure we haven't been tested yet, but any thing but the facts are just speculation.

The facts are we have given up 14 points in 8 quarters. If you want to guess what will happen next then guess away.

Whitwell is a lot better than what they looked like in the first game, going and winning at 3A Grundy proved that. Against Seq, they had only a couple of first downs besides a couple on penalties, and one of those was on a tipped pass completion. They had 15 yards in the first half, total, and that was when one of their players picked up their own fumble and ran it 15 yards. Seq had 4 int against Temple, against a QB who had only 15 last year with 34 touchdowns in around 350 pass attempts, held Temple to 20 yards rushing. Sounds like good defense against 2 teams that will be in the playoffs. Both Whitwell and Temple appear as good as Greenback, and I think I read Greenback had 300 yards running against South Pittsburg. Temple and Whitwell combined had 40 rushes (counting sacks) for 95 yards, of those 95, 45 came on one play when a player stunted into the wrong gap and left a hole anyone on here could run through. Giving up about 1.2 yards per rush on other plays besides that one, about 2.5 overall. Not bad numbers.

Your exactly right Indian. People don't need to forget about the state titles, but put them on the back burner and focus on winning another. What happened in the past is totally irrelevant. Sequatchie had some really good teams in the late 80's and early 90's, but that no longer matters either. All that matters is this year. Hopefully we can keep it interesting with you guys tomorrow night.

This kind of talk is what is awesome about High School Football. Funny thing is, we aren't the players. Imagine if we all still played. There would be major bloodshed, but anyways. I agree, SP does and has had problems in the middle, but when you a have a group of coaches like they do, and a group of talented kids, you will find a way on offense to do just the same. SC has weakness, and one thing SP coaches are good at is taking those weaknesses to the house. It will be a close game because SP does have weakness on defense and opponents will score when they choose at times. They will have to fight for the yards at times too. The group of talented young players that SP has and will have in the next 3 years are a whole new generation of some the greats in the past (since everyone likes to make reference), so be ready for another great game.

This kind of talk is what is awesome about High School Football.  Funny thing is, we aren't the players.  Imagine if we all still played.  There would be major bloodshed, but anyways.  I agree, SP does and has had problems in the middle, but when you a have a group of coaches like they do, and a group of talented kids, you will find a way on offense to do just the same.  SC has weakness, and one thing SP coaches are good at is taking those weaknesses to the house.  It will be a close game because SP does have weakness on defense and opponents will score when they choose at times.  They will have to fight for the yards at times too.  The group of talented young players that SP has and will have in the next 3 years are a whole new generation of some the greats in the past (since everyone likes to make reference), so be ready for another great game.

825735947[/snapback]

And that weakness would be??????? Please dazzle me with your expert oppinion on what Sequatchie Co. is doing wrong! 14 Points allowed in two games, we better change every thing that is just awefull!

cameron Posted Today, 08:39 AM

what about sequatchies defense again

You have got to be kidding right? Did we allow too many points in two games (14)?

I would like to hear from some of the SP fans or players. I think this Friday’s game will be a lot of fun to watch. I also think SC is just to strong this year for SP, and don't think I'm putting SP down, they are a young team and 2 or 3 big time players don't make a football team.

We know, because in years past we would start out strong and as soon as 1 or 2 of the big guns we had were lost or contained we had no answer and fell by the way side. This year however we are much more balanced not just in Offense but Defense also, so unlike years past when we started out 4 or 5 and 0 only to fad into the sunset, we will only get better with age. Or at least that is my opinion and after all that's what this is all about is an opinion.

Edited by SCnu-da

And that weakness would be???????  Please dazzle me with your expert oppinion on what Sequatchie Co. is doing wrong!  14 Points allowed in two games, we better change every thing that is just awefull!

cameron Posted Today, 08:39 AM

what about sequatchies defense again

You have got to be kidding right?  Did we allow too many points in two games (14)?

825736184[/snapback]

Well, first of all, from what I have seen you fire around the outsides leaving the tackle positions wide open. You play one deep safety, well, with speedy receivers there are many areas of the field directly over the linebackers that are perfect sit down spots for hooks. Unless you double team #6, he will catch 90% of the balls thrown to him. The other 10% is on errant throws. When you decide to double team him, you leave the middle open, as I said before. If you drop the linebackers, then any decent running team will eat you alive 4 and 5 yards at a time. Slowly you will wear down and then begin making mistakes. Our quickness will take advantage of those mistakes. Of course, this is what can happen, but as I said before, we aren't the players, well, you may be.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe