South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co.

country30

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been great hearing everyons opinion, the chat has been fun... Now all that is left is to play the game, I hope it is as lively and spirited as the conversation on CoachT.

I want to wish both sides the best of luck and play well. And all go home safe.

Edited by SCHSTribe

I don't know too much about these teams myself, i've read alot about them on here and loved hearing about Sequatchie's ownage of Temple. but everyone on this site seems to be all about South Pitt. and all i've heard is how great they are. i think this will be a very big game to see if South Pitt. is legit. and can hang with a good Sequatchie team. Good luck to both teams. can't wait to read abouth this one.

Well, first of all, from what I have seen you fire around the outsides leaving the tackle positions wide open. You play one deep safety, well, with speedy receivers there are many areas of the field directly over the linebackers that are perfect sit down spots for hooks. Unless you double team #6, he will catch 90% of the balls thrown to him. The other 10% is on errant throws. When you decide to double team him, you leave the middle open, as I said before. If you drop the linebackers, then any decent running team will eat you alive 4 and 5 yards at a time. Slowly you will wear down and then begin making mistakes. Our quickness will take advantage of those mistakes. Of course, this is what can happen, but as I said before, we aren't the players, well, you may be

Well when you have an outstanding set of tackles and 2 awesome linebackers that would be a great thing for you to do! I believe Temple also had a couple of speedy recievers and I do believe they only scored 8 points again this weak defense of ours. You are correct on the last part I am a player! LOL :lol: I just wish that I was 5'11!!!!!!

Edited by SCHS#23

Well, first of all, from what I have seen you fire around the outsides leaving the tackle positions wide open. You play one deep safety, well, with speedy receivers there are many areas of the field directly over the linebackers that are perfect sit down spots for hooks. Unless you double team #6, he will catch 90% of the balls thrown to him. The other 10% is on errant throws. When you decide to double team him, you leave the middle open, as I said before. If you drop the linebackers, then any decent running team will eat you alive 4 and 5 yards at a time. Slowly you will wear down and then begin making mistakes. Our quickness will take advantage of those mistakes. Of course, this is what can happen, but as I said before, we aren't the players, well, you may be

Well when you have an outstanding set of tackles and 2 awesome linebackers that would be a great thing for you to do!  I believe Temple also had a couple of speedy recievers and I do believe they only scored 8 points again this weak defense of ours.  You are correct on the last part I am a player!  LOL  :lol: I just wish that I was 5'11!!!!!!

825737251[/snapback]

Temple can't beat SP junior high team.

Good defense by Seq, outstanding in this game by S Pitt. S Pitt scored on a 4 and 15 pass in the middle of the first, something around 35 yards, to Walker. Seq did not play with much excitement to start, then when they woke up went over board with penalties, did not show a lot of discipline. S Pitt didn't even have their top back for some reason, a player I honestly had never even heard of was the workhorse running. Pass defense was good overall, 5-17 for S Pitt, but some of those were 20 to 30 yard gains. A couple of calls went against them and instead of just moving on and playing ball, it looked as if a couple let it distract them (when the returner touched a punt at S Pitt 20 and the ref said he did not after Seq recovered, Seq got a 15 yard penalty for griping about it) Sequatchie had poor execution by players on offense, including seniors who had done better to that point. Offensive line did not do well, quarterback did not do well, others, too. They do have 2 weeks to get ready for Bledsoe.

Edited by Indian

I agree. SP is a better team than Whitwell or Temple and shouldn't be used as a basis for predicting the outcome of this game. However, I still feel that at this point in the season Sequatchie is a 21 point favorite. If indeed Mathews and Mitchell don't play, my 21 point prediction will be more likely to be accurate.

825736740[/snapback]

What happened to that 21 points and how much is Temple going to beat SP by?

I was wrong about the 21 points. However, if you read my post, I'm pretty sure that I said SP was a better team than both Whitwell and Temple.

Congrats on the win. Whose up next for the Pirates?

825737569[/snapback]

[/quote

It's certainly good to hear that you admit when you are wrong. Like we said all week, you read way too much into the Greenback game. Tonight, our speed and talent overwhelmed the SC offense. We play Lookout Valley next week, who also beat Temple tonight.