Lebanon @ Lavergne:

fballjunkie06

Thanks for replying to half of my questions.....Still I want to know about YOU.  Where did you go to HIGH SCHOOL AND WHAT YEAR???  Don't be scared....Be proud of your almamater unlike the way you are with MTSU.  Friendship some how gets kids to transfer from all our County High Schools.  If they moved up they wouldn't be so highly sought after in your eyes.  They have gotten 4 kids to tansfer from LHS.  The starting QB Miller would be the starter at LHS had he stayed.  Bryant Alsup transfered a few weeks ago and Brian Cravens was the starting Short Stop at LHS and transfered in middle of the season.  MJ. Juliet has also lost some this year and last to FCS.  Word has it that 2 kids are suppose to report to FCS from Mt. Juliet today.  So why would you not have a good or great program in A ball when kids magicaly transfer to you.  Watertown would love to be able to get transfers like them but wait they can't b/c they actually have zones that they can't get kids outside of those zones just like every other Public A teams that FCS plays.  So yeah LHS has 300 kids per class compared to FCS's 300 something 9-12 but that must be terrible to have athletes leave 5A programs to come to yours.

825732051[/snapback]

Hey see no evil,

Are you trying to tell me that players don't transfer to other schools in Wilson County besides FCS?  The problem is that athletes want to win or at least be in a competitive situation.  MJ Girls benefitted from Alysha Clark transferring in during her Sophomore season and won a STATE CHMPSHP.  Since then they've had 2 other players there with Lebanon addresses and TSSAA zoned for Lebanon High.

Alsup left because he wants to play more than 1 sport and like Cravens wanted to play baseball in a "PROGRAM".  WC boys have had 3+ players transfer in from Nashville (McGavock) to play basketball for their "PROGRAM" in the past 2 years.  LHS has also had players in their school like Tribble and Gaines who went to Southside (zoned for WC) but now play at LHS.  And what about the Hassel girl??  Where did she end up?

Bottom line is everyone has transfers.  That's why the TSSAA has there rules for sitting out after transferrring.  Gary Rankin and Rick Insell have historically had more transfers than anyone because of their "programs".  When Lebanon gets one the kids will come back.  Until then WC and Friendship will take them with open arms! :blink:  :thumb:  :lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

825732184[/snapback]

You're right about the girl's that went to FCS and WC. I hear TSSAA was notified about that, but they won't do anything about it as usual. They also were informed that during the 15 year old world series a few LHS parents overheard a FCS administrative rep. spoke to the Alsup's and told them that he could play both baseball and football with no problems at FCS.

Still man you are not answering the question about where you went to high school and what year. I'm beginning to think that you're afraid to say b/c then you'd be a hipocrite bashing LHS. Come on and step up.....don't be scared tell us where you went to school and the year.

You're right about the girl's that went to FCS and WC.  I hear TSSAA was notified about that, but they won't do anything about it as usual.  They also were informed that during the 15 year old world series a few LHS parents overheard a FCS administrative rep. spoke to the Alsup's and told them that he could play both baseball and football with no problems at FCS. 

Still man you are not answering the question about where you went to high school and what year.  I'm beginning to think that you're afraid to say b/c then you'd be a hipocrite bashing LHS.  Come on and step up.....don't be scared tell us where you went to school and the year.

825732246[/snapback]

How Harry High School does all this sound? Are you going to meet this chap out at the playground because he believes your beloved Blue Devils are somewhat second class? Where did you guys go to school? I bet Lebanon ... for which I'm so sorry. If not, then it's really sad that you picked that place to be your adopted school. Give it up guys, no matter how much brow beating you do, no one is going to suddenly believe Lebanon is a great mecca of a place.

Please don't talk about other schools "recruiting" or misteriously attending another school. Jade Sellars went to Lebanon after being a former FCS student, then MJ Junior High Student (for a week or so), then FCS student, only then to become a Lebanon student. AND his parents' house is smack dab in the middle of Mt. Juliet - has been for as long as I've been alive. I can list several former people from my time that mysteriously went from FCS to Lebanon and were major contributors to those teams (or at least great role players) - Steve Rose, Jade Sellars, Alex Skaalerud, Daniel Dawson. Sounds like the gripe you guys have is that you are no longer the beneficiaries of the mysterious transfer.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Just heard that Lavergne has Lebanon's old d-line coach on the staff. I don't know how that happen, but I can tell the difference in the big hoggies play since camp. I wonder could he be the x-factor in the game. Maybe they can put him in one of those lifts like Lebanon uses at home. I still think Lebanon will over match Lavergne because of the strength factor. I've seen Lavergne play and they don't tackle to well. They arm tackle and sling people around. I heard Lebanon has won Riverdales weight lifting contest the past 2 years. The RB gaines squats over 500+, so I think he won't have a problem running out of arm tackles. Maybe Lavergne spread will give Lebanon's new Db's fits, but with rain slated for the night I don't think so. Lebanon by 14 still.

sounds like to me we have another possible player that either got kicked off or quit the lebanon football team and is just mad because he cant be apart of the blue devil family and instead is going to friend \ship instead so he automatically thinks fc is better than lebanon..... r u kidding me friendship would be destroyed by LEBANON last year and this year its not even a question. they play 1a ball just because they whip up on some teams who r horrible doesnt mean they can beat lebanon so just give it a rest.

And trust u dont want any from FootballMan so just give that a rest

BlueDevil4Life

sounds like to me we have another possible player that either got kicked off or quit the lebanon football team and is just mad because he cant be apart of the blue devil family and instead is going to friend \ship instead so he automatically thinks fc is better than lebanon..... r u kidding me friendship would be destroyed by LEBANON last year and this year its not even a question. they play 1a ball just because they whip up on some teams who r horrible doesnt mean they can beat lebanon so just give it a rest.

And trust u dont want any from FootballMan so just give that a rest

BlueDevil4Life

825733448[/snapback]

A few things.

1. I never attended Lebanon High and would have never considered it either. It's a sess pool. You can keep your disfunctional family, especially after they way Scott Hunt was treated by your "family". He was one of your own and you guys shafted him. Not to mention his father is Mr. Lebanon - the great Woody Hunt. I lived in Lebanon during college as I played BASEBALL at Cumberland in the 90's. Not the High School Plus 1 football they play at Cumberland, but Baseball.

2. No one is claiming that FCS would beat Lebanon in football ... all though they do regularly in baseball. What people are saying is that in terms of programs, FCS has a better athletic PROGRAM. It shows with the recent transfers who are willing to possibly sit a year to play there. You guys still hang your hats on Aulds, Carson, and Triplett. All went to second rate programs (yes, Vandy is second rate). For every Lebanon "star" that went to college to play football, someone familiar with FCS could toss up a similar or better football signee or another sport for that matter.

3. You need to get past your own jealousy. It hurts when starters from your teams decide to attend a better program ... and academic school for that matter. You didn't have a problem with it when it worked to your benefit. Why does it bother you now?

4. It is going to get worse for you guys too. Once Five Oaks is fully complete and the newest massive lakefront/golf community is built (almost across the street from FCS), the programs their will get even better ... and your jealousy will get larger too.

5. No one every said they want a piece of any one ... whether they are pushing 300 "bills" or not. (He said "bills".) That is why your arguments are Harry High School. You don't have a good rebuttal or the ability to state a good position so you resort to threats through innuendo. Which no one is scared of by the way.

:thumb::D:lol:

Well said tnsddeveloper

Obviously these Lebanon guys are a little testy about their program or lack thereof. Imagine what they will be like after the WC game. Or worse yet after Oakland, Cookeville, and Riverdale get thru with them.

Imagine their attitudes when the playoffs begin and their posting about basketball or posting about FCS and WC robbing their talent!!!

You would think a program with their "tradition" would just reload like Riverdale, Gallatin, Hartsville and others do. At least some of their (former) students are wise enough to read the writing on the wall.

Good luck this week LaVergne, WC, and FCS!!!