Lebanon @ Lavergne:

fballjunkie06

So you're a football coach at LHS.  Well is it true what these guys are saying about coaches not supporting other sports at LHS??? 

When I post I support "ALL" sports at LHS from Volleyball to Softball to Football.  I hope these guys are wrong about persuading kids to play one sport and focus on that sport.  LHS will not be successful if this is the case.  You guys have to support each other and encourage your kids to play any sport they wish.  Still I want to know from you if what these guys are saying is true?

825734500[/snapback]

WAS a football coach at Lebanon! I'm taking a year out for various reasons. Coach Brown (football) and Coach Kyle (basketball) do share athletes. There is a good understanding there. I don't know of any conflict between those sports. Baseball, I can't really say because I don't know of any baseball players playing football or vise versa. We never really had many from that sport. I know coach Brown/staff does a good job with who they have. They will compete for one of the playoff spots.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Brown doesn't dicourage the boys not to play other sports. Heck he tells them how he played all 3 in school. He has had several guys that play basket ball and a few base ballers. He doesn't try to keep the kids from other sports. I never said Lebanon was great and all mighty. I just said we were better than what ya'll say. And the kids don't deserve to have their team trashed on here. Brown had nothing to do with Coach Grooms leaving. Keep Brown's name and Lebanon out your mouth. Grow up and leave the kids alone. My Paw Paw told me if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. We ain't on here trashing other schools. Every one has done something wrong sometime or another. Kids make miistakes. That's part off growing up.  And why keep trashing CU? You didn't win to many games at MTSU. Bottom line is if Lebanon avoids turn overs they win. If not they don't. Don't hate congratulate! :thumb:

825734525[/snapback]

Actually, anyone can say exactly what they want ... that's what's beautiful about the US of A. And actually, you were saying bad things about FCS. I never mentioned Coach Brown. My Paw Paw also told me that when you talk smack about other, be sure to expect the same thing comin' back at you.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Never bashed FC. Look at my post. Volschump said they could beat LHS. And he's the one bashing CU and said he played at MTSU. Baseball has had tremendous success at CU. No hard fellings between me and any base ballers at CU. Drew Boggs, Bo Grissam, Angel, Swarez, Steve Green, Kyle Shedron, I was cool with all those cats. This thread is suppose to be about who the real LHS is. Well the Blue Devils are out to show they deserve the title!

Never bashed FC. Look at my post. Volschump said they could beat LHS. And he's the one bashing CU and said he played at MTSU. Baseball has had tremendous success at CU. No hard fellings between me and any base ballers at CU. Drew Boggs, Bo Grissam, Angel, Swarez, Steve Green, Kyle Shedron, I was cool with all those cats. This thread is suppose to be about who the real LHS is. Well the Blue Devils are out to show they deserve the title!

825734680[/snapback]

FOOTBALL MAN,

Don't sweat these guys! They don't have nothing but hate in their hearts and that's sad. It real sad that they have nothing better to do than talk bad about kids.

I'm curious of this guy that played baseball for Coach Hunt. What years did you play there?? I know Woody didn't teach you to bash kids. Really though I want to know what year you played there. I think I might call coach tonight to see your posts. He'd be real proud of how you've turned out. A lot of the LHS kids go to the CU ball games and dreams to be as good as some of you guys one day. That's funny how you shoot down the kids that grew up idolizing you!!!! Like I said what year did you play at CU???

FOOTBALL MAN,

Don't sweat these guys!  They don't have nothing but hate in their hearts and that's sad.  It real sad that they have nothing better to do than talk bad about kids. 

I'm curious of this guy that played baseball for Coach Hunt.  What years did you play there??  I know Woody didn't teach you to bash kids.  Really though I want to know what year you played there.  I think I might call coach tonight to see your posts.  He'd be real proud of how you've turned out.  A lot of the LHS kids go to the CU ball games and dreams to be as good as some of you guys one day.  That's funny how you shoot down the kids that grew up idolizing you!!!!  Like I said what year did you play at CU???

825734804[/snapback]

Here we go, Harry High School again! Meet me by the playground! :lol:

I tell you what, I'll talk to Ryno (coach Hunt's son) at the Titans game tomorrow since the baseball team works the Titans games as a fundraiser and see what he thinks. I think they all have a bitter taste in their mouths with how Scott's situation was handled. Ryno always works the lobby of the club seats - east side of the stadium. You let me know how your phone call to coach Hunt goes. :thumb:

If you want names and dates, what's your name? What year did you graduate? I'm picturing a fat, factory worker that played a little high school football. Am I right? Drive a red pickup? Like Natty Light?

And I'm only picking at Football Man because he gets bent out of shape really easily. I've got nothing but lo... errr like for the CU football team. Football Man should stay away from any Poker tournaments since he wears his emotions on his sleeve. :lol: Although Volschamps never said FC would beat Lebanon head to head - he said the "program" was better.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Guys I think you'll have a hard time finding where I've bashed your "kids" at Lebanon. The bashing was aimed at that "storied" :lol: football program and how over-rated the LHS people view it as!!!

Football Man must have injected too many HGH and other substances into his volatile body. He seems to take everything personally. Almost like he is a coach for those LHS or something.

I agree that Bobby might get that 4th play-off spot this year. I actually wish him luck. I expect them to barely miss the playoffs or lose (AGAIN) in the early rounds of the playoffs like last year, etc, etc, etc.

Football coach might want to use a little less "ebonics" and a little more English in his next few post so tnsd and myself can understand what he is saying. We both received "quality" educations and I sometimes struggle understanding how you can condone problem kids stealing and vandalizing and not place some blame on the "coaching staff".

I appreciate tnsddeveloper's understanding of my statement that WC & FCS PROGRAMS are the best in Wilson county. I never stated that FCS would beat LHS. I only stated the obvious, that Friendship seems to keep producing quality student athletes while LHS struggles at times.

Two former blue devils whom I have the utmost respect for are the Forrest brothers who are about as classy kids as you will find from any program. Problem is they weren't coached by any of the current coaching staff but I'm sure they would love to take credit for their actions both on and off the field.

Still picking LaVergne by 6!!!

So who was Lebanon's old D-line coach that deflected to Lavergne? They seem to be stealing coaches from all over. They got 2 from Siegel.

825733092[/snapback]

coaches? who gives a flip? players play football, coaches coach it. d-line is dominique fisher, moses opio, and julian wright. the coach is Grooms. i'm pretty sure the players names are on the tackle sheet, not grooms. and stealing coaches? with a record like seigels last season i dont think anyone would be "STEALING" them. lavergne has the coaches that want to coach there simple.

coaches? who gives a flip? players play football, coaches coach it. d-line is dominique fisher, moses opio, and julian wright. the coach is Grooms. i'm pretty sure the players names are on the tackle sheet, not grooms. and stealing coaches? with a record like seigels last season i dont think anyone would be "STEALING" them. lavergne has the coaches that want to coach there simple.

825735273[/snapback]

How come these players didn't make a difference last year under hannah's guideance. Just stating the facts about what I see. All I saw Lavergne's oline and dline do last year was get blowed up. Moos and Grooms must be doing something because both lines have improved tremedously. I think siegel got their first victory over Lavergne last year. Why would a coach want to come to a program that will be inshrined in the history books as the team that gave the winless stars their first victory? More athletes to work with I guess. Seems like Riverdale gets all the speedy athlethes in the boro.

Here we go, Harry High School again!  Meet me by the playground!  :D 

Early nineties not good enough for you?  I played with the likes of France, Stamison, Fushey, Kehoe, etc.  I tell you what, I'll talk to Ryno (coach Hunt's son) at the Titans game tomorrow since the baseball team works the Titans games as a fundraiser and see what he thinks.  I think they all have a bitter taste in their mouths with how Scott's situation was handled.  Ryno always works the lobby of the club seats - east side of the stadium.  You let me know how your phone call to coach Hunt goes.  :)

If you want names and dates, what's your name?  What year did you graduate?  I'm picturing a fat, factory worker that played a little high school football.  Am I right?  Drive a red pickup?  Like Natty Light?   

And I'm only picking at Football Man because he gets bent out of shape really easily.  I've got nothing but lo... errr like for the CU football team.  Football Man should stay away from any Poker tournaments since he wears his emotions on his sleeve. ;)  Although Volschamps never said FC would beat Lebanon head to head - he said the "program" was better.

825734870[/snapback]

Well you're right I didn't call Coach last night. I think you know I wouldn't bother him with petty stuff like what's on coach t and that you are bashing LHS kids and the baseball and football programs at LHS. You're not one of the guys that the kids idolized b/c you never actually started. Well yeah you are right the Hunt's did have a sour taste in their mouth with what all happened to Scott but that is all in the past and I assure you that Ryno and Coach Hunt aren't as bitter as they were. Most of the administrators are gone that had part in all of that. Plus Coach Hunt thinks highly of the new head baseball coach at LHS. I heard he came to a practice once and did some infield drills and he also spoke at a LHS baseball dinner where he awarded the new coach with an award. So ask Ryno about all of that when you see him at the TItans game. Oh and you keep bashing LHS academically I guess you didn't hear but they posted the highest test scores in the county this year. Well take care. FCS RULES!!!!!!!!

Edited by RUBlind!!!