Huntingdon v/s Westview at Westview

MB77

well boys its gonna be a tough one this week... both sides of the ball... huntingdon may be young up front but dont be mislead... they are still very talented... of course u cant leave out boo and donald, these are one of the best back tandoms in the whole area... but westview has a pair that can rival them as well w/ williams and guy in the backfield... the team w/ the fewest mistakes will take this one.. gonna be a classic :lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well boys its gonna be a tough one this week... both sides of the ball... huntingdon may be young up front but dont be mislead... they are still very talented... of course u cant leave out boo and donald, these are one of the best back tandoms in the whole area... but westview has a pair that can rival them as well w/ williams and guy in the backfield... the team w/ the fewest mistakes will take this one.. gonna be a classic  :thumb:

825735186[/snapback]

couldnt have said it better myself :thumb:

I dont want any of you to think that I speak for any other Huntingdon fans. These are my opinions and and not those of other Mustang faithful.

Some of you need to realize that some of the comments I make are for purposes other than to make you upset or angry. They make you think about what actually goes on in small town politics, how some of the kids are being exploited for other reasons outside of football, what Lawyers kid gets all the press, and who's benefitting from your childs success or his failures.

When you read my posts dont be so quick to think that I'm trashing you or your School. I have never trashed a kid on ANY of my posts. Just giving food for thought.

Read my last post again and read between the lines. Huntingdon is just like ANY other high school in the nation. Politics, who's kid is where, press, and all that other crap. In the end these kids have gone out there and given their all win or lose. But some of them never see the benefits of their hard work.

Kinda hoping that the cycle wont continue if we all could somehow read between the lines and look at the big picture. So when you walk into the coffee shop in the morning and you see the coach of your school after a big win whether it be a Huntingdon, a state championship or whatever.... pat him on the back, praise him, buy him breakfast and all that other stuff we do .......................But.........

Dont forget to ask him what the SYSTEM can do or what the SYSTEM has done for "Little Johnny" after those stadium lights are turned off in November! That will change the system and I guarantee you he or she will read between the lines!

Or Is he waiting on Spring practice? :thumb:

GO STANGS!!!!

825734444[/snapback]

Does anyone else feel that?????????? The earth just stopped turning-finally somebody else is posting what everyone else wanted to post but seems like I was the only one with the nads to post it. Did someone write about politics being brought onto the field,surely not. What Dayz doesn't realize is that some of our players parent's don't have to see them in a coffee shop, shoot, when Coach Mansfield wakes up on Saturday morning they are quietly waiting outside his bedroom door with his steak and eggs cooked just the way he likes them and they just spoon feed him while he's still in bed-too scared another parent might beat them to it at the coffee shop!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding(not).

That has nothing to do with you boys that are throwing on the pads Friday night-like I said before-best thing for you to do is never return to this website again, that is until you graduate and then you can act like a bunch of old has beens like US who truly never will be. GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS- BEAT WESTVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

couldnt have said it better myself :thumb:

825735225[/snapback]

Wow! did anyone see the Jackson Sun and read the write up from Mr. Guy. He actually admitted to not liking contact. WRONG thing to say to a Mustang Team. They take pride in hitting people just ask half of the Camden Lions, it looked like a warzone Saturday night. I give Guy his credit he is great! BUT to say you dont like to hit just fuels the mustangs fury to hit him even harder. I think it will be close but the team who doesnt make mistakes wins the game. I look for a high scoring game maybe with the edge going to the Mustangs with there ability to be physical and hit Markei Guy. If they fail to do so, he may run out of the stadium. Good luck TEAMS!

reiny days you are right when you say politics enter into small town football, you are wrong however about huntingdon high school. the system, as you put, doesn't owe me anything. I played at huntingdon, not very much I might add, but wearing the blue and gold prepared me for things I faced in life. If anything it is I who owes the system something for giving me strength to make it through some tough times. That is what Mustang foootball is about, not winning a losing. I respect your love of Mustang fottball, but love it for what it is. GO MUSTANGS

Wow! did anyone see the Jackson Sun and read the write up from Mr. Guy. He actually admitted to not liking contact. WRONG thing to say to a Mustang Team. They take pride in hitting people just ask half of the Camden Lions, it looked like a warzone Saturday night. I give Guy his credit he is great! BUT to say you dont like to hit just fuels the mustangs fury to hit him even harder. I think it will be close but the team who doesnt make mistakes wins the game. I look for a high scoring game maybe with the edge going to the Mustangs with there ability to be physical and hit Markei Guy. If they fail to do so, he may run out of the stadium. Good luck TEAMS!

825736174[/snapback]

wow im from huntingdon and i can say this, sounds like another terrance bell, he always hated contact and look where he got us.....food for thought

Guest catfish-hunter
wow im from huntingdon and i can say this, sounds like another terrance bell, he always hated contact and look where he got us.....food for thought

825736593[/snapback]

I heard T. Bell had a great game last week in Bethel's season opening win over Charleston (WV). Great to see that he is performing well on the next level ;)

Does anyone else feel that?????????? The earth just stopped turning-finally somebody else is posting what everyone else wanted to post but seems like I was the only one with  the nads to post it. Did someone write about politics being brought onto the field,surely not. What Dayz doesn't realize is that some of our players parent's don't have to see them in a coffee shop, shoot, when Coach Mansfield wakes up on Saturday morning they are quietly waiting outside his bedroom door with his steak and eggs cooked just the way he likes them and they just spoon feed him while he's still in bed-too scared another parent might beat them to it at the coffee shop!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding(not).

That has nothing to do with you boys that are throwing on the pads Friday night-like I said before-best thing for you to do is never return to this website again, that is until you graduate and then you can act like a bunch of old has beens like US who truly never will be. GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS- BEAT WESTVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825736171[/snapback]

Boy, this guy must have played for huntingdon and really stunk and still looking for excuses for not playing. Some one play Cry Me a River for this guy.

Whew....... I kinda think that my post went over a few peoples heads. I was not ripping Huntingdon. Everyone on Coacht knows I'm Blue And Gold till the end! I was trying to point out that with all the politics and nonsense that goes on In other systems that you find LESS of it in the Huntingdon system. Thats why I'm comfortable with and root for the Mustangs. Coach Mansfield Gives it to the kids like it is. Tells them to put up or shut up on the field and in life situations. He's not looking for stars that shine brighter than the TEAM. Sure you'll have some players that standout but he always tells them that the TEAM is bigger than they are. Thats why Huntingdon is successful and TRADITION lives on in Huntingdon. All of the accomplishments of the Mustangs in the last few years have been QUIETLY done: News paper articles, news stations, and radio have created the stir. But Coach Mansfield calms this by letting the guys know that its more to the game than Saturday morning hype and trophies. They understand fully what needs to be done. Those that dont buy into the program usually fail or leave. and that's not always a bad thing. Sometimes it works better for those types of players and then sometimes not.

So when people say that Huntingdon has young players this year and they are not as strong up front on the Offensive and Defensive lines.... think of it this way, they are physically ready they just need a little time to understand the mental part of the Coach Mansfields BIG BANG THEORY! Those players usually start getting it in November :rolleyes:

We all remember the MIGHTY DAVID LIPSCOMB And The MIGHTY ALCOA TORNADOES....... Their STARS were then and are now shining BRIGHTER than the team. Lets see how much success shines their way in 2005. Lets get it done quietly and let the rest take care of itself

And if possible, realize that the only Saturday morning hype or trophy that means anything is the one from "THE DERBY" WIN or LOSE!

GO STANGS!!

Edited by Reignydayz

Whew....... I kinda think that my post went over a few peoples heads. I was not ripping Huntingdon. Everyone on Coacht knows I'm Blue And Gold till the end! I was trying to point out that with all the politics and nonsense that goes on In other systems that you find LESS of it in the Huntingdon system. Thats why I'm comfortable with and root for the Mustangs. Coach Mansfield Gives it to the kids like it is. Tells them to put up or shut up on the field and in life situations. He's not looking for stars that shine brighter than the TEAM. Sure you'll have some players that standout but he always tells them that the TEAM is bigger than they are. Thats why Huntingdon is successful and TRADITION lives on in Huntingdon. All of the accomplishments of the Mustangs in the last few years have been QUIETLY done: News paper articles, news stations, and radio have created the stir. But Coach Mansfield calms this by letting the guys know that its more to the game than Saturday morning hype and trophies.  They understand fully what needs to be done.  Those that dont buy into the program usually fail or leave. and that's not always a bad thing. Sometimes it works better for those types of players and then sometimes not.

So when people say that Huntingdon has young players this year and they are not as strong up front on the Offensive and Defensive lines.... think of it this way, they are physically ready the just need a little time to understand the mental part of the Coach Mansfields BIG BANG THEORY! Those players usually start getting it in November :D 

And if possible, realize that the only Saturday morning hype or trophy that means anything is the one from "THE DERBY" WIN or LOSE!

GO STANGS!!

825736804[/snapback]

Good Post :rolleyes:

825736593[/snapback]

Terrance Bell never played against a huntingdon mustang defense either. But he is an excellent back. He will do good things at Bethel when the coaches realize how to coach there and stop worrying about themselves. I have been to a couple of games and they seem to not have things together sometimes. But just my opinion maybe they have it on track now. At least they wised up and figured out how to recruit some around here. good luck to terrance bell and Mr. Nellet. But more importantly Mustang have to come up big tonight. By the way, did I mention Bell never played against a mustang defense! Enough said.