College Bound Players

mac9ky

Have any commitments been made for the 2006 teams? If so, then who? It would be great if you could tell me how college coaches saw you play and what you did to get recognized besides your obvious talents. Any SEC players?

825735638[/snapback]

2006 College Committments

Grace Lawson at Pope John Paul II is committed to University of Alabama.

Megan Forester at Pope John Paul II is committed to Vanderbilt University.

Jen StClair at Ravenwood is committed to Belmont University

Morgan Thomas at Centennial is committed to Western Kentucky.

Sarah Defatta at Franklin HS is committed to Southern Mississippi.

Page Lanter at Baylor is committed to Samford University.

Several other girls are on the verge to committing to colleges like

Louisville University, Christian Brothers, Rhode College, West Point,

Mississippi State University, University of Santa Barbara, University of Georgia...etc

Most of these girls play on competitive club teams that go to major club soccer tournaments that hundreds of college coaches attend. The primary method to be seen by college coaches are:

(1) Club teams attending College Showcase Tournaments

(2) Club team's STATE CUP (State Championship Tournament)

(3) Club team's REGIONAL CUP (State Champions attend this tournament)

(4) Olympic Development Program (ODP) Sub-regional / Regional Camps

(5) Club team's Premier League

(6) High School State Tournament (Local colleges may attend)

(7) High School Games (if you should contact a local college coach to attend)

2006 College Committments

Most of these girls play on competitive club teams that go to major club soccer tournaments that hundreds of college coaches attend.  The primary method to be seen by college coaches are:

(1)  Club teams attending College Showcase Tournaments

(2)  Club team's STATE CUP  (State Championship Tournament)

(3)  Club team's REGIONAL CUP  (State Champions attend this tournament)

(4)  Olympic Development Program (ODP)  Sub-regional / Regional Camps 

(5)  Club team's Premier League

(6)  High School State Tournament  (Local colleges may attend)

(7)  High School Games (if you should contact a local college coach to                attend)

825736227[/snapback]

This is excellent advice to high school players who want to play in college. I cannot overstate the importance of the player initiating contact by letter, e-mail or telephone with college coaches at schools you are interested in. If a coach knows you have interest in his or her school, and if you have college potential, it is extremely likely that an early effort will be made to see you play. The players I've worked with were encouraged to initiate preliminary contact in their Junior year--before NCAA coaches can contact you. They will start files and observe and will be poised to make productive contact with you starting in your Senior year.

Alcoa's Ali Pasqua leads Prep extra in scoring with 16 goals and 6 assist. She is very athletic,fast, and has a great touch.

825746899[/snapback]

She needs to work on her left foot, but I agree with everything you say. My team just played her Thursday night and she got the only goal in the 7-1 win. She was the quickest girl on the field the whole night, but I think if she improved that horrible sprinting form of hers she would be one of the biggest threats in A/AA.

But you also have to look at who she scored the goals against.

Edited by gscalf

She needs to work on her left foot, but I agree with everything you say.  My team just played her Thursday night and she got the only goal in the 7-1 win.  She was the quickest girl on the field the whole night, but I think if she improved that horrible sprinting form of hers she would be one of the biggest threats in A/AA.

But you also have to look at who she scored the goals against.

825746904[/snapback]

yea ouch! :thumb: