ELIZABETHTON AT THEMSELVES

GLee

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The senior QB needs to have a seat on the bench or be prepared to play another position. He hasnt been getting it done. The Science Hill game was lost due to miscommunication between he and the coaches, not once but twice in the last minute. TN High game was worse. 2 bad Ints. Only spark was when Jr QB was in. The cyclone JV team, both this year and last, showed what they can do. How bout giving some of the youngsters a chance Coach??? Team did not bounce back after tough loss to SH. Coaches must take responsibility.

The senior QB needs to have a seat on the bench or be prepared to play another position.  He hasnt been getting it done.  The Science Hill game was lost due to miscommunication between he and the coaches, not once but twice in the last minute.  TN High game was worse.  2 bad Ints.  Only spark was when Jr QB was in.  The cyclone JV team, both this year and last, showed what they can do.  How bout giving some of the  youngsters a chance Coach???  Team did not bounce back after tough loss to SH.  Coaches must take responsibility.

825740811[/snapback]

:thumb: you are 100% right! take a good look at our turnovers this year jeffers has accounted for hmm im guessing 97% of them from throwing INT. i just read where the jv beat ths last night, they beat shhs last week... put these kids in the game they seem to want to play plus they dont quit. also Rwitten is one heck of a coach he can get the kids ready to play. maybe pless needs to take some notes from him. looks like the jv kicking game is pretty solid to the kid had a 70some yard punt and 2 extra points, the varsity has only scored 3 td all year and only made 1 of the extra points...something is wrong on friday nights and it needs to be fixed fast, we have too much talent to waste it. honestly i figured we would be at 2-1 at the open week not 0-3.

Edited by 4down1

I LIKE THE THINKING OF YOU GUYS ON HERE,ALOT OF DEAD ON COMMENTS.R.WITTEN GETS THE MOST OUT OF KIDS JUST LIKE HIS PAPAW,BUT I TRUELY THINK THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TURN HIM LOOSE.TO MANY EGOS ON STAFF,NO DOUBT PLESS KNOWS THE GAME,BUT SURROUNDED BY WAY TO MANY GUYS THAT CANT TEACH THE GAME.ITS TOO EASY FOR THEM TO BLAME THE KIDS INSTEAD OF LOOKING IN MIRROR.LIKE WHAT GLEE SAID GIVE THEM SOMETHING THEY CAN BELEIVE IN.GO CYCLONES!

I am glad people are finally seeing the light. I have said these things the past 2 years. Elizabethton has lost some real good coaches the past few years and have replaced them with below average coaches who have other things on their mind. They had a chance this past Spring to clean house but they chose instead just to make an example out of a few. That is the administration's fault but they are clown's also. Real good coaches can make average talent succeed, just like bad coaches can make good talent not succeed. I do not consider Sciece Hill a real good team so EHS cannot make the statement that they have played three great teams. Science Hill's 2 wins have come against teams whose combined record is 0-5. Some Elizabethton homers can blame the ref's and blame the schedule but if they would open their eyes they would see the problem's. Also Elizabethton has some awful fan's they get more excited over the band than they do the football team. During the 3rd Quater of the TN High game I bet 20 to 25% of the home crowd had left because you could see orange seats everywhere.

ELIZABETHTON WILL SEE A NOTICEABLE DECLINE IN ATTENDANCE FROM HERE ON OUT.I HATE TO SEE THIS BUT PEOPLE IN ETOWN ARE BANDWAGON FANS THAT ARE REALLY NOT THERE TO SUPPORT THE KIDS.IT HAS BECOME A SOCIAL EVENT TO MANY.I WILL ALWAYS LOVE CYCLONE FOOTBALL,AND IT WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART,BUT I SOMETIMES WONDER IF I WERE PLAYING NOW IF I WOULD FEEL THE SAME.

Pless better use the off week to rekindle the teams spirit. Coming out so flat against THS was the coaches fault. Losing the SH game was coaching too.......how can you have such a miscommunication right after you take a TO (another miscue). Jeffers should have never even had to look to the sideline for the spike signal after he didnt score on the sneak. The coaches should have covered that with him in the timeout. Obviously they didnt or Jeffers just forgot? Either way its coaching. Pless is a great man, and how he handles this team from here on out will determine if he is a good head coach. Last year he did it and they finished strong. Im hoping there's more magic like that coming.........

Every year people talk about how Betsy has such a rough start and then comes on at the end of the year. Well of course thats going to happen when you play THS and Sci Hill and this year DB at the beginning of the year and then unicoi, johnson and that whole crew towards the end of the year. It will happen again this year and everyone will be like man they really came on at the end of the year when really they were just the same throghout.