week 3 Greenbrier at Marshall Co

timbdp

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier's defense is playing too well. Marshall County will be competitive for one half and then Greenbrier's offense will wear them down in the second half. From what I heard, the starters came out mid way thru the 2d Qtr against Dekalb Co. and they still racked up 46 points.

They are playing even better than I think anybody thought they would at this point in the year. If this keeps up, Coach Williams will definitely garner at least some Coach of the Year votes. Bobcats by 12.

Edited by FatCat

Should be an interesting match-up of two contrasting styles. Greenbrier's coaches will have them prepared for the spread because they work very hard despite losing a load of talent. Could be a similar game MC had against CW. Big plays are always a threat and that will keep them in the game , but the physical style of GB will wear them down in the end. MC needs to play with a sense of urgency or 1-3 with that talent and those socks makes for a sweltering JUNGLE. Good luck to both teams and may you play w/out any injuries. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim, could we not have covered that it is going to be a close game within the original message? Just a thought. Keep that post count skyrocketing. I'm taking the Bobcats, strictly because I don't know much about the Tigers this year, and it seems to be my pattern that I banter with Greenbrier and move on to support them in the following weeks.

Greenbrier's defense is playing too well.  Marshall County will be competitive for one half and then Greenbrier's offense will wear them down in the second half.  From what I heard, the starters came out mid way thru the 2d Qtr against Dekalb Co.  and they still racked up 46 points.

They are playing even better than I think anybody thought they would at this point in the year.  If this keeps up, Coach Williams will definitely garner at least some Coach of the Year votes.  Bobcats by 12.

825739405[/snapback]

This is shocking. After some things FatCat has said about GB's coaches in the stands in the past, he is now praising the coach?! :(

Fatcat can admit when he was wrong. You might even say I was pretty down right ignorant. I am starting to see Coach Williams' wisdom, insight, and plan to build a program for the long haul and not necessarily just look at individual games (as I had the priviledge of doing up in the stands).

Kudos to the Greenbrier coaching staff for ignoring idiots like me and doing what they know is right. I know this program will be successful for many years to come. Again, you don't lose a talented class like they did and keep playing at such a high caliber without outstanding coaching in place.