week 3 Greenbrier at Marshall Co

timbdp

After having seen Greenbrier play the last three weeks, I would say they are out win some games. They have set alot of people back on their heels (including me) with their abilities to rack up some yards. They are a team that is up right now and determined for the 2005 Bobcats to carry over what was started in the last few years. Our evolving depth showed through last week and some younger guys are stepping up and making big plays. The Bobcats coaching staff is not only getting the most of this year's Senior playmakers but giving experience to the younger ones too, to have experience for years to come. The freshman team is pretty large this year, I see from the roster, and you can tell these kids are proud to wear that Bobcat Green. I think they will be trying hard to make a difference.

Even though this will be played in the Jungle, I think the Bobcat fanbase will make this much like a homegame with a faithful following.

I'll go with the Bobcats 20 - MC 10.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Greenbrier folks should be surprised that there is such carryover from last year. That class has left such a legacy on hard work....who wants to be in the class that drops down...no one!

The jungle is always tough. This game will set the tone for the rest of the season for both teams.

I think mctiger will be serving catfish sandwiches from the mess of catfish he caught at 20 yd line last week during the "flood".

Playing against the GB defense or sweating the big play MC offense....pick your poison.

Like most Greenbrier fans, I’m pleasantly surprised of what I’m seeing on Friday nights. This team had some odds stacked against them based on the accomplishments of last year’s team and filling some huge holes in various positions. They needed to find their own identity and it looks like they have so far. The line play has been outstanding the last two games. They are small but tough and gritty. Herndon has stepped up and done a suburb job at the QB position….same for Pigg at TB. As mentioned above, the younger players are also stepping up and providing quality minutes. The entire defense is swarming to the football. There is not a lot of team speed, but plenty of hard hitting.

Marshall County always has excellent athletes with good overall speed. The Bobcats must contain well and not give up the “big play”. Ball control and the turnover ratio will also play a big part in this game. I would expect Marshall to open up the playbook this Friday to try and avoid a 1-3 start. Greenbrier has won the last 3 meetings…….hopefully they can make it 4.

Good luck to both teams. Keep it clean.

Fat Cat……how are things going for you? How did the jamboree go this weekend? Please send me a schedule when you get time.

The Marshall game will be another good test for the Cats. I think Greenbrier's defense has been the key. Not many teams are going to just line up and run it down Greenbrier's throat. Depending on whose on the field at the time, Greenbrier's weakness on defense would probably be in pass coverage or not letting the runners get outside on the corners. I really don't know if I'd even call it a weakness, just an area that we could do better with. We don't have quiet as much speed as in the past so wrapping up and making the tackle on the initial hit is a must. The swarming tackles are always impressive, keep it going. This group just needs to realize that they can play with anyone and to continue to improve week to week. This region is still wide open. Use the game you gave away to PJP as motivation to get the next one.

I agree with Cat2. I'm sure Greenbrier will completely fill the visitors side of the field.

Edited by NoDoubt

Another classic Marshall County and Greenbrier slugfest.

Marshall County has a few things to improve upon on the defensive side as do most schools at this time of the season. They gave up a couple of biug plays last week and that is what got them beat. And on the same token Creekwood gave up a couple of big plays and that is waht got Marshall County the lead they had and then Coach went conservative.

Don't look for the conservative defense to show up this week.

Look for Marshall County to set up the pass with the running game. Jeremy Hurt and Dontae Hightower have been workhorses and I feel that will be the same this week.

Whoever brings their A- Game goes home a winner as in past games between these two teams.

No cooking of any kind from this fan. Look for me approx 75% of the way up the bleachers on the 49.5 yard line towards the north.

Mctigersportsfan -- A definite fan in the stands with no ties to this team other than being a fan and alumni of Marshall County High School (A Long Time Ago)

Guest catfish-hunter
Another classic Marshall County and Greenbrier slugfest.

Marshall County has a few things to improve upon on the defensive side as do most schools at this time of the season. They gave up a couple of biug plays last week and that is what got them beat. And on the same token Creekwood gave up a couple of big plays and that is waht got Marshall County the lead they had and then Coach went conservative.

Don't look for the conservative defense to show up this week.

Look for Marshall County to set up the pass with the running game. Jeremy Hurt and Dontae Hightower have been workhorses and I feel that will be the same this week.

Whoever brings their A- Game goes home a winner as in past games between these two teams.

No cooking of any kind from this fan. Look for me approx 75%  of the way up the bleachers on the 49.5 yard line towards the north.

Mctigersportsfan -- A definite fan in the stands with no ties to this team other than being a fan and alumni of Marshall County High School (A Long Time Ago)

825741135[/snapback]

Great way to end that post buddy!!! Some of those idiots on the other thread could learn a thing or two. In football coaches coach, players play, and crowds cheer. If any of those things start to change in the least little bit and parents try to become coaches from the stands then please somebody associated with the program tell them to shut the heck up :lol: