Knoxville Halls vs Gibbs

fairplay2121

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after last weeks lose to Central (which I might add made me sick and catch grief at work), I look for the Debils to put a wopping on the eaglets from Gibbs. There is no way that Halls will loose to Gibbs this week.

Gibbs wuldn't play us the last few years cause we kkicked some serious but. Now they want to play us again - bad idea, especially since we got clipped last week.

nuff said,

bbs

bbs this is just a serious question i have a lot of respect for the history of the halls high school program but what makes u think that halls really had a chance to beat central this year? I mean the matchup just does not favor the devils the bobcats are built around speed and quickness which is something the red devils dont have a lot of from what i know. At any rate i can't see any way that halls doesn't destroy Gibbs (who i know very little about) this week

This game could be a lot better this yr. Halls is playing very inspired fb under Kevin. They still look to be a little slow of foot although Dusty may be the fastest man on the field. Halls again has a very good and well coached line. Gibbs on the other hand still has Randy and Steve which put's them in the hole from the start. Gibbs is very weak up front on both offense and defense. Gibbs linebackers and db's seem to be really good this yr with both #58 and #20 being the two standout's without question. I have a friend who tapes the Gibbs games and from what we counted the other night #58 had 13 tackles against Scott and 6 against U C 20 had 9 against Scott and 8 against U C with a play at the end where he simply took the ball from the rb to save the game for the eagles. On offense Halls will run Dusty right at the Gibbs front and take advantage of the size difference. I look for Hughes to be assigned to #58 which could be a battle and they will try and run away from #20. On offense Randy as usual seems to be clueless as what to do with his offense. Randy's problem is he has never developed his young players as he always seems to wait till their seniors to play them and by that time it's to late for these kids to develop. All the good teams seem to play both their frosh and sophs as much as they can to get them ready for their jr and sr yrs. Randy doesn't even like to play jrs. I mean even late in the game when he's up are way down he doesn't play his young guy's and that has always been his downfall. This yr they have a QB with a world of potential but from what I've been told is very lazy and want's to play bb or track in the off season instead of develop his qb skills which as we all know is a no no for a qb and a guy who is suppose to lead the team. If the Gibbs o-line can give #11 some time and he can keep his calm and hit a couple of big passes early, which would open up the running game with #48 Gibbs could have a real shot this yr. #48 Seems to have a bad knee and I really don't know how long he will hold up against a good Red Devils Defense that will pound on him all night. Halls 17 and Gibbs 13 in a game which could very well be flip flopped. I just feel Randy puts Gibbs at to much of a disadvantage for the young Eagles to overcome and Kevin is a young rising talent in the coaching ranks.

Edited by volnative

If Gibbs scores 13 on Halls I'd be amazed. Gibbs merely scored 16 against Union County, which I would have to say is no where near Halls' tallent level. Halls did give up 26 to Central, but Gibbs is nowhere even remotely close to Central's tallent level. If Halls can throw for 2 TDs against Central, I'd love to see what they can do against Gibbs. Halls by at least 3 TDs

bbs this is just a serious question i have a lot of respect for the history of the halls high school program but what makes u think that halls really had a chance to beat central this year? I mean the matchup just does not favor the devils the bobcats are built around speed and quickness which is something the red devils dont have a lot of from what i know. At any rate i can't see any way that halls doesn't destroy Gibbs (who i know very little about) this week

825739996[/snapback]

I believe Halls had over 150 yards passing and over 200 yards rushing against Central if my estimates from watching it on tv are correct. They had 247 total yards in the first half against the Bobcats and that I know for sure. It was a very evenly played game, the only difference was basically the scoreboard. Although Central's got the speed, Halls' size and efficiency of running their plays looked fairly crisp, thus I can see where BBS had the idea Halls could win and perhaps should have.

This game could be a lot better this yr. Halls is playing very inspired fb under Kevin. They still look to be a little slow of foot although Dusty may be the fastest man on the field. Halls again has a very good and well coached line. Gibbs on the other hand still has Randy and Steve which put's them in the hole from the start. Gibbs is very weak up front on both offense and defense. Gibbs linebackers and db's seem to be really good this yr with both #58 and #20 being the two standout's without question. I have a friend who tapes the Gibbs games and from what we counted the other night #58 had 13 tackles against Scott and 6 against U C 20 had 9 against Scott and 8 against U C with a play at the end where he simply took the ball from the rb to save the game for the eagles. On offense Halls will run Dusty right at the Gibbs front and take advantage of the size difference. I look  for Hughes to be assigned to #58 which could be a battle and they will try and run away from #20. On offense Randy as usual seems to be clueless as what to do with his offense. Randy's problem is he has never developed his young players as he always seems to wait till their seniors to play them and by that time it's to late for these kids to develop. All the good teams seem to play both their frosh and sophs as much as they can to get them ready for their jr and sr yrs. Randy doesn't even like to play jrs. I mean even late in the game when he's up are way down he doesn't play his young guy's and that has always been his downfall. This yr they have a QB with a world of potential but from what I've been told is very lazy and want's to play bb or track in the off season instead of develop his qb skills which as we all know is a no no for a qb and a guy who is suppose to lead the team. If the Gibbs o-line can give #11 some time and he can keep his calm and hit a couple of big passes early, which would open up the running game with #48 Gibbs could have a real shot this yr. #48 Seems to have a bad knee and I really don't know how long he will hold up against a good Red Devils Defense that will pound on him all night. Halls 17 and Gibbs 13 in a game which could very well be flip flopped. I just feel Randy puts Gibbs at to much of a disadvantage for the young Eagles to overcome and Kevin is a young rising talent in the coaching ranks.

825740065[/snapback]

# 58 had 14 tackles against union co. I aint going to get on here and talk i will after the game but good luck to halls

I think if you look at the history of games between the Debils and the Eaglets you will see that Gibbs has not beaten Halls in the last 20 years or so. The last time Gibbs played Halls the score was something like 70 - 7.

No way Gibbs has a chance. Halls willhave the freshmen in before halftime, and they will prolly score a couple of times.

bbs