Brentwood Academy Football

Eagles09

The coach lost a ton of respect for not accepting the runner-up trophy in 1992. I would say a lot of younger people on here know nothing about that. It showed no class at all.

825743322[/snapback]

Maybe in some peoples eyes, but not by anyone who knew the facts. The fans of the team that beat us that year were a pack of wild rednecks. They were throwing things at our players and screaming obscenities and Coach Flatt made the decision to leave immediatly. I am sure he was in a bad mood for losing, as well. It was not the first time that he had lost in the finals and he had accepted the prievious trophies.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assure you that it is exagerated bragging. People used to brag about cars being offered and all sorts of booty, but it always turned out to be inaccurate.

I think Eagle09 is trying to pick a fight.

825742395[/snapback]

pick a fight??? for what??? o` yea our school doesnt recruit and that time we supposedly got "caught" that was just a misunderstanding

I think your football program is very good. I also think it is run by a man with a huge ego who has underachieved big time lately.  He fired a great man and football coach (Tom Moore) and I think he has looked pretty silly for doing so. Remember when you fire back some message in defense you ask what we thought of your program, so I told you.

825743282[/snapback]

Please put the pipe down before you burn your lips. Crack kills. How can you say that Coach Flatt has underachieved lately? He has been in the state finals 5 years in a row. Yes, at times he has got out coached, ( very, very, rare) and yes his players have got outplayed, (also rare). Still, he was there.He plays in the toughest division in the state. He wins 90% of the games and that is underachieving? I guess when you dominate for so long, people expect you to win state every year. Well don't count him out, never count him out. Only Coach Flatt and his players should feel that they have underachieved. That is because their goal is to win state every year. 21 finals in 33 years. Every coach in the state would love to" underachieve" with the record of Carlton Flatt.

o` yea and it takes a lot to earn Coach Flatts respect...he's not going to just show up at your house and offer you a ""scholarship""...o yea where are these scholarships at?? King Dunlap..Barry Turner...Theo Townsend ((some of the best players to play for BA)) didnt see any scholarship...they're parents scholarshipped they way to work every night to pay that tuition....

and when i asked what you all thought...i didnt want to hear a lot of made up recruiting stories....

825743679[/snapback]

You didn't want to hear some venom and recruiting stories??? Well, maybe you have learned something from this post, "young grass-hoppa".

Please put the pipe down before you burn your lips. Crack kills. How can you say that Coach Flatt has underachieved lately? He has been in the state finals 5 years in a row. Yes, at times he has got out coached, ( very, very, rare) and yes his players have got outplayed, (also rare). Still, he was there.He plays in the toughest division in the state. He wins 90% of the games and that is underachieving? I guess when you dominate for so long, people expect you to win state every year. Well don't count him out, never count him out. Only Coach Flatt and his players should feel that they have underachieved. That is because their goal is to win state every year. 21 finals in 33 years. Every coach in the state would love to" underachieve" with the record of Carlton Flatt.

825743726[/snapback]

Like I said you asked and I told you what I thought. When you ask a question of this nature about a popular person you will always get views that are both positive and negative. It seems you are not able to handle the negative very well.

Like I said you asked and I told you what I thought. When you ask a question of this nature about a popular person you will always get views that are both positive and negative. It seems you are not able to handle the negative very well.

825743840[/snapback]

I love the negative, it gives me the opportunity to correct those that are incorrect. It fires me up. It also lets me know that Coach Flatt is still at the top when people post negative about him. When your at the top, people always try to pull you down. It comes with winning ---see Lance Armstrong.

Just driving down the road in my new Benz, checking the time on my new Rolex, both of which Coach Flatt payed for out of his own pocket. What ever, that is such bull. 2 things I know about BA, anyone that was or thought they were good at Fball, BA recruited them. Also, everyone has beat, just killed BA...... in a scrimmage. Again, more bull. For years I have heard statements such as "yeah, BA wanted me, Carlton Flatt came to my house and offered me a scholarship." Those people are so stupid. I ask " why didn't you go there? You mean you didn't want to play for the best program in the state, for one of the best HS coaches in the history of HS Fball?"  Maybe it was the simple fact that Coach had never heard of them. Maybe some of them are just idiots. BA does not have to recruit, playing for state championships does the recruiting for BA. Sure they have not won state for a while now, but they are still consistantly playing for that GOLD FOOTBALL. If your not familiar w/ the GOLD FOOTBALL, go check out BA's trophy case. You can look at 9 of them along with 10 or so Silver Footballs. As for the scholarships, the correct term would be financial aid. All of the DII schools offer assistance on a need basis. Remember? BA Went to the Supreme Court, battled, defended and just like the Fball team, they won. Thus, a few years later DII was born. Anyone that qualifies, can receive aid. Not just athletes, anyone can get aid. So, you tell me what is fair, turning a smart talented kid away from school because his family can not afford 15 grand a yr or giving that kid the opportunity to attend a fine academic, athletic, christian school. You tell me what is fair.

825742591[/snapback]

that a way big bill

Coach Flatt has had good results in the past.  We will continue to have good results with the talent that Coach Flatt and his network bring in.  But we Eagles must admit, the torch that we carried in the 80's and mid-90's was passed a long time ago to the other Super 7 team that wears Red.

825743928[/snapback]

Now that's just bull crap. We all know you are an MBA fan masquerading here, so just give it up. It ceased being cute or funny before you even started. Anyone who doubts that can simply look up your posts.

Edited by itzme

First of all "recruiting" per say is legal. So, I would not doubt that they have admitted it. The supreme court ruled that promoting your program is free speech. "Undo influence" is not legal. No one was able to present any credible evidence to any of the courts that this ever happened. Therefore BA emerged victorious.

825742660[/snapback]

The Supreme Court ruled that the TSSAA is a "state actor". The ruling was a lot narrower than a free speech issue and gave BA the ability to argue its points in Federal Court.

If the TSSAA loses in Federal court, rumor is that the TSSAA will bankrupt because in addition to its own sizable legal bills they might have to pay BA's bills which are reported to be huge.

'