Coalfield vs. Midway

The Flex Pipe

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both teams coming off disappointing performances. each team will be trying to prove something. i give the edge to midway right now. i think with j. hill being out for coalfied, that really hurts them. midway has just as good skill people as coalfield. i think midway will find a way to correct their mistakes and they will take a close game.

midway- 23

coalfield- 21

Edited by the truth is...

This week's game rest clearly on the shoulders on Jesse Keith. Os learned fast he didnt quite have the experiance so they packed the box to take away brandon daivs' groud game. They forced Jesse to be the hero and the odds went against him. If Jesse plays good and cuts down on INT coalfield rolls. If Jesse plays the same way as last night close and midway could take it.

This game rests squarely on the team of Coalfield. The line must block for Keith and Davis. Knight, a hard runner must hold the ball. Brown must use his height to his advantage in receiving the ball. Duncan and Carson must lead the defense in the manner that they have been leading it with big sticks. Gunter must be effective on both sides of the ball.

It is not up to one kid and to lay that squarely up his shoulders is both unfair and not quite accurate. There is no "I in team" to quote a cliche'.

Edited by CYJacket

Yes there is no I in team,but the QB is your leader on offense and keith had several mistakes friday night. A couple INT's and more should have been INT's. Yes it is a team sport but when you rely on your QB to make big plays the game is in his control. He recieves the ball from the center, then hands it off or throws it, so it is up to jesse to get the ball in the playmakers hands. OS was just the better team friday and if i was informed correctly a couple coalfield players didnt feel good.

Yes quarterbacks start the motion, yes he fumbled the snap a couple of times. The shoulda, coulda's and woulda's are just that. If "ifs and but's were fruits and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas." Point is, there are more leaders on that team than the qb. Those leaders have a gut check coming this week.

Edited by CYJacket