Adamsville vr. Waverly

athleteguy

There were bad calls on both sides of the ball. That happens! Waverly had a TD called back due to a penalty too. I guess your forgot to add that to your post. I didn't see exactly what happened on the kickoff run back. I know someone who did and they said it was a very close call. In fact he said it could have gone either way from where he was.

I was standing in the back of the end zone during the OT TD that was called back for the hold. That's was NOT a bad call. I saw it with my own eyes. In fact the flag was in the air before the player crossed into the end zone. It was a very blatant hold. If you can go back and watch the game film you'll see it.

All in all it was a very good game. Both teams played well but I think Waverly out played Adamsville. I would be biased because I am a fan of Waverly. With that said, if the hold was bad, I would say it was. It was a hold and not a bad call.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Camden plays Wavo every year, and every year that we play in Waverly, the refs are bad. Could be coincidence, or maybe not.

Bottom line is, if you take care of business and get your job done, the game wouldn't be close enough for the officials to make that big of a difference. One way or the other. :thumb:

Gosh, dwolford.  You and lessermarty got rooked tonight, huh?  I am sure the referees decided to stick it to you as best as they knew how.  However, it is quite embarassing for you two to cry and moan over getting beat.  Unfortunately, it happens to everyone at some point in your life. Oh, by the way, you speak of the camera angles.  Just where were they?  Did Waverly have 'cherry pickers'

set up in the endzone so that both teams could get the perfect angles with the cameras?  Just wondering.  Good luck next week.

825753861[/snapback]

You go and play your heart out all game long, and then get cheated out of a game and then come and talk to me about whining losing. Losing is a part of football, gettin cheated is not.

gettin cheated not part of sports, what's that?? as much as ive read on coacht i notice that at least on every other topic it talks about gettin cheated out of game cause of refs. how is not part of sport, just imagine if we didint have refs. on the hold on the TD i did see that, as far as the kick the guy in front of me syas no good, and i looked at him kinda funny, cause i thought it was in, i guess h e was right...

gettin cheated not part of sports, what's that??  as much as ive read on coacht i notice that at least on every other topic it talks about gettin cheated out of game cause of refs.  how is not part of sport, just imagine if we didint have refs.  on the hold on the TD i did see that, as far as the kick the guy in front of me syas no good, and i looked at him kinda funny, cause i thought it was in, i guess h e was right...

825753992[/snapback]

Im not gonna say any more about it, we know we won, 2 bad the refs didnt think so. Riverside is next, they have a great football team game should be good.

825754363[/snapback]

well i have read all the messages here regarding the game between waverly and adamsville and i have to say there are many different opinions about the game, and as i said they are opinions which doesn't make any difference. the game was played very tough by both teams and both teams played their hearts out. as for the refs., there were bad calls for both teams. waverly had a touchdown called back after the play was completed and no flag was thrown. you cannot replay a play after the play is complete and no flag was thrown on the play. adamsville coach came out on the field to protest the play which should not been allowed. to me the refs let the coach make the call. so if you want to complain try telling the whole story and not so one sided. as far the chain gang goes going up to the adamsville coach and appologing for the field goal being ruled no good i find that extremely hard to believe to be the truth. you see i personally know each of the chain gang members and i assure you neither of them would have done anything such as that. i was at the end of the field when the field goal attempt was attempted and it was off just a little to the left. so you can take any camera and put it in any position and angle and make anything look good from the angle you put it. both teams played their hearts out and it is bad that anyone has to lose a game like that one was but it takes a bigger person to accept the loss and not blame someone else than it does to complain about it and blame others. both teams had bad calls and no way was the game called one sided. i believe waverly had more penalities and loss of yardage than adamsville so how on earth could you consider it onesided.

Funny how the tale of the tape shows both the last TD attempt by the Cardinals and the field goal were perfectly good.  Want proof?  You can watch the tape for yourself.

Funny how the Tigers committed holding penalties all night long that weren't called.

Funny how Adamsville's quarterback got jabbed in the eye on several occasions, and several players were grabbed by the throat when blocking. 

It was a rough game, yes, but Adamsville got gypped out of another shot at the win in overtime.

825753816[/snapback]

....funny how points were takin from tha tigers w/o a flag or even knowin y, so there actually shouldnt of been an overtime....

....funny how points were takin from tha tigers w/o a flag or even knowin y, so there actually shouldnt of been an overtime....

825754393[/snapback]

Points were taken away from the tigers due to an illegal formation. It took the Adamsville coach pointing it out to the refs for them to notice. Waverly had to many people in the back field.