ELIZABETHTON AT SULLIVAN NORTH

GLee

Elizabethton may struggle with North's size and pounding it between the tackles.  That 3-5 defense has to go.

EHS    20

SNHS  17

825752703[/snapback]

The entire City of Elizabethton agrees with you on the 3 man front. We don't have the personnel to do it and after three games, that little kid on the Quizno's commercials agrees with us also.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventhough the local paper picked Elizabethton to lose, 24-21 , I personally think they will break loose Friday night and show some offensive promise. If the paper(Elizabethton Star) is right-on and the Cyclones lose, I look for rioting and looting in downtown Elizabethton late Friday into Saturday before it is quelled by the TN National Guard after a fierce battle for the Cyclone turf. B)

Cyclones 27

Raiders 14

825751717[/snapback]

Apparently our paper didn't know Elizabethton and North were playing. :o

Cyclones by 2 touchdowns.

I promise I do not do drugs or alcohol but for some weird reason I am picking ELizabethton 13-10. If they lose this one they might as well start singing Precious Memories how they linger. As the Boss sang Glory Days they pass you by like a wink from a young girls eye. Do not know if it is the coaches, administration, players are all the above but this is a must win and a loss would mean Elizabethton is the Titanic.

Edited by rvd

I promise I do not do drugs or alcohol but for some weird reason I am picking ELizabethton 13-10. If they lose this one they might as well start singing Precious Memories how they linger. As the Boss sang Glory Days they pass you by like a wink from a young girls eye. Do not know if it is the coaches, administration, players are all the above but this is a must win and a loss would mean Elizabethton is the Titanic.

825753068[/snapback]

That's a hoot :rolleyes:

Elizabethton 19-6 and it wasn't pretty. Defense flexed but didn't give in. Good thing North had no kind of passing game to go with the run.

Hats off to Peterson of Elizabethton. Good night!!

Congrats to the Cyclones!!! Feels good don’t it!! :)

825753518[/snapback]

Thanks Shelly. It felt strange it had been so long. I don't know if VD knows the outcome yet 'cause he's been passed out on those drugs he's been taking. :lol:

Problem is still a run defense for the Cyclones. We gave up almost 250 yards on the ground. That's not good. What was good was that they stopped North when it counted. North was very impressive with their running attack. It's brutal and they run hard, but not fast. Their TD was a 60 plus yard jaunt off right tackle. Snuck one out of the pack. They would have done better if we had to worry about any type of passing attack.

For the Cyclones, Peterson ran extemely well :thumb: from his TB position and Jeffers (1 Int & 1 TD, 165 YDS.) and Smith (1 TD and a couple of good runs) both did fine jobs at QB. North's D was slow moving to the ball but they are a big hard hitting bunch. Betsy D swarmed to the ball well and were more aggressive, which Pless was wanting. Think I saw Hyatt in the middle of that 3 man front a few times and Turley outside (Hyatt is a must have if you're going to stay with it). AJ Burke broke out a bit at LB and that was good to see.........should see more of him and don't know why we haven't. Hyder and Taylor left a mark on defense also. Good team effort. Keep working in practice and good things happen. Loaf, like they have done previously, and the season will not be much fun. Good job guys. :P

Like any, it was a good win. We called off the riot and looting last night (if we had lost) :)

Edited by GLee

. Poor ole Pless is a fine football mind, but he gives way too much rope to these two. He was even scratching his head a few times wandering what the 'hey' was going on. They are not qualified for the positions they are trying to hold down. Why does everyone in town know that and Coach Pless doesn't. OR, maybe he does but doesn't want to hurt thier feelings by replacing them.

This is the most honest and truthful statement on this site. If North would learn to have 11 guys in the huddle instead of 12 this game could have been tied going into the 4th quarter. Greeneville I do not know yet, Unicoi is awful, then South rolls in. So 3-4 or 2-5 will be their record after 7 games. Region 1 and 2 4a are the worst in the state. I feel bad for the Knoxville area teams because they will make the playoffs and get beat the first round and a team that they could beat will make the semi-finals. This is the TSSAA fault for the stupid playoff system.