RIP TOMMY JOHNSON

ChosenOne7221

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game Prayer

Prayer before Game

It was a very touching night. Tommy's parents asking that the game be played because "this is what he loved" set the mood. I think it was wonderful that the boys could wear T-shirts with Independence and 61 on them, the sweat bands with 61 sewed on, and the 61 stickers on the helmet. All of this helped put into perspective that everyone wanted to do as much as they could to make it a special night for Tommy. Many students held signs up throughout the game, others had his picture ironed on their shirt and stood on the sideline in respect.

Many parents took that moment of silence to pray for Tommy and his parents and family, but also to remind themselves of how dear life is and how special our children are!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

With tommorow marking the one year anniversary, I ask that everybody take some time out of their day and say a prayer for the Johnsons.

Tommorow needs to be a celebration of Tommy's life. It needn't be gloomy or downtrodden or any of the above. Tommorow is a big day for Independence High School. Let us all pray for the courage and the strength to face it the way we need to.

Edited by donathan5507

With tommorow marking the one year anniversary, I ask that everybody take some time out of their day and say a prayer for the Johnsons.

Tommorow needs to be a celebration of Tommy's life. It needn't be gloomy or downtrodden or any of the above. Tommorow is a big day for Independence High School. Let us all pray for the courage and the strength to face it the way we need to.

I agree........never forget losing someone special like #61.