A/AA State Championship Preview

mtnman

Okay, I'll go easy and agree that CCS v. FRA will be a great game. My "state championship preview", however, has the Lady Irish of Knox Catholic in the game. The Irish haven't had their starting 11 healthy and on the pitch together for a couple of weeks and they are still rolling along. They should be back to full strength soon and will be a factor in the tournament. Depending on the groupings, I would like to see a CCS v. Catholic final.

Go Chattanooga!

I vote for CCS.

825754337[/snapback]

I think your vote is biased mtnman! BUT... I go with CCS as well.

I would really like to see CAK get their act together, but until they do, I will say Catholic and CCS in the finals. Sorry Hoya, I think CCS might have it, but only by 1.

i give ccs a vote mainly because the shot count was to their favor... there were about 5 shots by ccs that hit crossbar in that game...very unsatisfying result for the chargers

i agree that they are really good this year especially proving that they can handle a team like PPII...they beat them in PKs even though in that game PPII had a shot count of like 30 to ccs's like 7 so...

I would have to post my vote for CCS as well. They have played a number of tough games and are very consistent to date. Seems like (to me at least) that there will be no surprises coming out of the Chattanooga area. Even with a couple of injuries CCS has played strong. I think if they both do make it to the final game there will be a couple of players that will be key to their success - their keeper has more experience under her belt now, the Lee sisters are moving the ball well and some of the younger players like Dana Schufert (sp?) have been given some time on the field will also help to round them out. One of CCS's strengths is definitely in the fact that their bench is strong and everyone knows that sometimes in a hard fought game it comes down to who can hold out. We shall see gentlemen - we shall see. I may eat my words - has happened once or twice in my life - HaHaHa ! Guess that makes my vote number 5 for CCS - you win JUST4FUN..... you win !