Smith Co. Owls @ Macon Co. Tigers

hit_somebody

Great game on both sides. Everyone I think is a little mad at the refs, but now I think they got everyone back into the game. It seemed like it got a little quite there for a few minutes on both sides, until all the flags started flying. There is one thing for sure MC can control a passing game. They showed it tonight, until that last drive. They shut down the run pretty good as well. SC did a good job on both as well. Defense for both teams was pretty amazing tonight. You could not ask for a better game than what we saw tonight. Macon County you have nothing to ashamed of, you are definatly a team to look out for. I hope you win out the rest of the season and go far into the Playoffs. Smith County, two weeks in a row you have pulled together in the last two minutes of the game and stepped up to the plate. Both teams keep your head high and and be proud you play such an amazing sport, and have the support that you have from your fans.

I think that my boy helped the refs...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Macon County Tigers on a very hard fought game. Dallas' speed is for real. He took a pounding all night long, but still had the gumption to break a couple of long ones. For a team that is definately hard pressed to get much done in the passing game, I think Coach Cook called a creative offensive game. My hat's off to him.

Now for my Owls, if you all keep this up I will be getting myself one of those battery powered defibrilators for the final drive of ball games. I think our defense played great in containing Dallas the way you did. I really liked seeing some of that emotion from the defensive side of the ball and noticed a little more active leadership. You all keep improving. Offensively we moved the ball pretty well all night and had several sustained drives. We just have to be able to get a few more scores when we get the opportunity. Great effort, determination and play making on the final drive to take the game back.

Tez, way to run through those that attempt to block you. Even though they may have been wearing the stripes.

I enjoyed the game tonight. The outcome satisfied me as well.

Thanks to both teams for a GREAT game...There was a couple of things that i noticed though that I have questions about...The Head Coach for Macon doesnt even wear a head-set when he has most of his young assistants with them on??? And when Macon took time outs, the Head Coach stood on the side-line and didnt even address his team, while a couple of assistant talked to them??? But once again hats off to both teams...Good Luck to both the rest of the season...

hats off to SC in the game, they put themselves in a position to win and capatalized when it counted. i don't think MC was outplayed, but they were outcoached by far. as far as someone saying MC had creative play calling, they must have watched a different game than i did. everyone in the stadium knew dallas was gonna get the ball alot, but if the defense is gonna put 8 or 9 in the box then as a coach you have to come up with a way to use that to your advantage. running dallas right, dallas left and dallas up the middle every play just isn't gonna get it done against 8 or 9 in the box on defense. if MC would have thrown some, even if they didn't complete the passes it would have made SC loosen up a little i would think. and SC did what they had to win, which is to pick on MC's weak secondary. so tough luck tigers, you didn't get outplayed you got outcoached. chalk it up to a learning experiance for young coaches and good luck to both teams on the remaining part of the season.

First, hats off to SC. Your boys played a great game and made a play when it counted. MC played well as well. Truely a great game! Hope both teams move on and do well. Great to see that after all the smack, good sports can come back here and speak the truth.

Secondly, I cannot really speak my mind for fear of the rath of the mighty queen (even though she doesn't walk her own talk). It is insightfull what fans of the opponents of MC have to say in their analysis of the game. Most of what the SC fans are alluding to sure seems interesting.

As far as the head coach not wearing a headset, that is what he learned from his mentor.

GREAT GAME!!!

First, hats off to SC. Your boys played a great game and made a play when it counted. MC played well as well. Truely a great game! Hope both teams move on and do well. Great to see that after all the smack, good sports can come back here and speak the truth.

Secondly, I cannot really speak my mind for fear of the rath of the mighty queen (even though she doesn't walk her own talk). It is insightfull what fans of the opponents of MC have to say in their analysis of the game. Most of what the SC fans are alluding to sure seems interesting.

As far as the head coach not wearing a headset, that is what he learned from his mentor.

GREAT GAME!!!

I don't know what you keep talking about...I said that this thread would be shut down if the bashing of the coaches continued....I included both Smith and Macon coaches...I said that it would be shut down if bashing of players continued...both Smith and Macon...I feel all of that stopped...so I didn't shut it down...

I made a comment that I knew my girl could outrun one of your players...I didn't mention any names...I didn't bash the player...I still say she could outrun him...as I am sure there are plenty more kids out there that could outrun both of them...

Have a lovely day...I am...

I really enjoyed this game...Smith Co did an excellent job running the 2 min drill at the end of the game....I was standing over next to the endzone corner were Smith Co threw there winning touchdown and it looked to me that he juggled the ball and when he did get control of it he was out of bounds...I'm not trying to start anything it just looked like it to me...but I enjoyed the game...good luck to both teams here on out...