Union City at Obion Co

VOREBS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the ones who dont know what I was talking about or who I was talking about is the Obion County coach. You dont go for 2 when your team has played so hard. You take the extra point. Kinda sounds like Tom Osbourne in 84. We dont play to tie we play to win lol.

825754220[/snapback]

When you've had a kid rush for 357 yards and seven touchdowns when he's had a whole field to work with,what makes you think you can stop him when he's only got 10 yards to make,especially since he was averaging 15 yards a carry.If we would've went for one and it would've been blocked or miss then everybody would've said "Why didn't you go for two?"For those that say Obion County isn't any good,they are six points shy of being 3-1.The Rebels have been their own worst enemy in their 3 losses with turnovers and poor tackling.The defense showed up better than they have all year agaisnt Dyer Co. and contained Andre Flowers well.I look for the Union City game to be a low scoring affair.Good luck to the Rebels. :)

When you've had a kid rush for 357 yards and seven touchdowns when he's had a whole field to work with,what makes you think you can stop him when he's only got 10 yards to make,especially since he was averaging 15 yards a carry.If we would've went for one and it would've been blocked or miss then everybody would've said "Why didn't you go for two?"For those that say Obion County isn't any good,they are six points shy of being 3-1.The Rebels have been their own worst enemy in their 3 losses with turnovers and poor tackling.The defense showed up better than they have all year agaisnt Dyer Co. and contained Andre Flowers well.I look for the Union City game to be a low scoring affair.Good luck to the Rebels. :)

825754424[/snapback]

Yea I forgot its only 10 yards. I was thinking of college where its 35 yards.

I'm not sure if everyone's seen obion play....but they aren't bad at all.....i haven't watched union city play at all this year so i'm not making a prediction....i'm just saying don't at all under estimate obion b/c if you do you WILL be walking away with a L in the column

825754433[/snapback]

D 7-2A Fan,

Most people who say Obion County isn't any good have not seen them play.They see the 1-3 record and see Obion County's name and just automatically assume it.

D 7-2A Fan,

Most people who say Obion County isn't any good have not seen them play.They see the 1-3 record and see Obion County's name and just automatically assume it.

825754442[/snapback]

obion is good...they just have to limit the turnovers down a little bit...b/c if u think bout it in the obion and gc game jon roberts stripped the ball from grady and ran it all the way back and if i remember correctly we scored on a later play...they also had 1 or 2 other turnovers in the game

obion is good...they just have to limit the turnovers down a little bit...b/c if u think bout it in the obion and gc game jon roberts stripped the ball from grady and ran it all the way back and if i remember correctly we scored on a later play...they also had 1 or 2 other turnovers in the game

825754445[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure ya'll scored.In fact,I can't remember a possesion where either team didn't score. :) We also need to a little different play calling.Teams are getting real wise to the mid-line veer.We need to balance it out like we did agaisnt Gibson Co.Also the defense needs to show up like they did agaisnt Dyer Co if we want to beat Union City.

I'm pretty sure ya'll scored.In fact,I can't remember a possesion where either team didn't score. :) We also need to a little different play calling.Teams are getting real wise to the mid-line veer.We need to balance it out like we did agaisnt Gibson Co.Also the defense needs to show up like they did agaisnt Dyer Co if we want to beat Union City.

825754452[/snapback]

thing about the midline tho garret is so big and strong he gets 4 yds a carry and then yall come out and bust someone outside with the jet

Not really sure who it was that said that Florida wasn't Tennessee Vols only hard opponent. Im proving myself right because Notre Dame is overrated and they are down by 21 points in South Bend. Just thought I would make my case. The only reason they are rated is because of Charlie Weis.

825754519[/snapback]

What does that have to do with Obion Co.and Union City? :ph34r: