CARTER VS MORRISTOWN EAST

qbsdad

Carter takes its undefeated Hornets on the road this week to Morristown.The Hornets were tested for the first time this year in the 2nd half versus Pigeon Forge.While the Hornets did remain unbeaten the Offense and special teams showed some room for improvement but you can't argue with 4-0.As for this week I think the Hornets are up to the task Carter 34 Morristown East 13.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East got a chance, if they can get some of the players that are hurt back.

East is still having trouble running the football, but they are getting better.

Carter has a great offense, if east can get a pass rush we will have a chance.

Carter will be the best team East has seen all year. We got the game in

morristown so that's got too help. I hope we can give you guys a good game.

Carter takes its undefeated Hornets on the road this week to Morristown.The Hornets were tested for the first time this year in the 2nd half versus Pigeon Forge.While the Hornets did remain unbeaten the Offense and special teams showed some room for improvement but you can't argue with 4-0.As for this week I think the Hornets are up to the task Carter 34 Morristown East 13.

825755157[/snapback]

Yee Haw, I will finally get to see a high school game this week. Nothing matches the fun and excitment of high school football, at least for me. Don't know who will win, hopefully the Canes, but should be a showcase for two of the better QB's in the area.

gbsdad, what do you think Carter's record would be if they had the same schedule as in the past? By the way ex- Hornet Maurice Sims is doing quite well up at Concord University.

Maurice Sims is a fine athlete. I think he is seeing the benefit of working out year round. He played and lettered in 3 sports. He is also a great young man.

The Hornets are so glad to be in 1-3A, after the last couple of years in the states toughest region 3-4A. I do think the Hornets would be successfull, just the league is so much different than 3A ball. You put any team in a league like 3-4A, and be the smallest 4A team in the state and see what happens. Just like Halls, West, Lenoir City, Clinton, and South-Doyle, it's hard to grab that 4th place spot. Maryville, and Knox Central, usually lock up the 1 and 2 spots, while Powell takes the 3rd. After that it is anybody's guess. It will probably be Halls this year. Now that Carter is in 3A ball, the enrollement has them in the middle of the 3A as far as enrollment is concerned.

Always a close game when Carter is at Morristown East.

Carter 21

East 13

Maurice Sims is a fine athlete.  I think he is seeing the benefit of working out year round.  He played and lettered in 3 sports.  He is also a great young man. 

The Hornets are so glad to be in 1-3A, after the last couple of years in the states toughest region 3-4A.  I do think the Hornets would be successfull, just the league is so much different than 3A ball.  You put any team in a league like 3-4A, and be the smallest 4A team in the state and see what happens.  Just like Halls, West, Lenoir City, Clinton, and South-Doyle,  it's hard to grab that 4th place spot.  Maryville, and Knox Central, usually lock up the 1 and 2 spots, while Powell takes the 3rd.  After that it is anybody's guess. It will probably be Halls this year.  Now that Carter is in 3A ball, the enrollement has them in the middle of the 3A as far as enrollment is concerned.

Always a close game when Carter is at Morristown East.

Carter 21

East    13

825755723[/snapback]

Agree on Sims, he is a great young man and very good athlete as well. Seems like he was injured when he first came to Concord. My son lettered in four sports so I know what you are talking about. It is a double edge sword, it makes them a better athlete, but takes away from their time in the weight room.

I just wondered if the Hornets were that much better this season or if the change to 3A was the differerce. I would assume it is a combination of both.

I see a close one as well. I'll flip the score.

East 21

Carter 13

The Classification has made a tremendous difference. Mainly in attitude. This senior class is a remarkable group of athletes. They did very well as a Freshman goup. They are very close and do many things together outside of football. They do have a good supporting cast of Juniors to help, but the seniors are a good bunch. I remember when Cleveland won Three state Championships. The won one of them while playing in region 3-4A. They begged to get out that region, but not because of the drive. Region 3-4A is the best in TSSAA football. Carter has had several teams in the past 4 years that could have competed in this classification. Two years ago Carter and East played a good close game. Both teams had lots of talent. Carter could have been in the playoffs each of the last 4 years in 3A. They made it several years ago in 3-4A, but lost to Cleveland. It makes a difference when you don't get to choose the kids you get, or other schools you are playing have almost double the kids you have. Should be a good game.

Carter 21East 13

Who has Carter played? We still don't know if they are a good team or not. Cocke Co. 0-4, South Doyle 1-3 ( win over Clinton), Claiborne Co. (speaks volumes,) and a adverage Pigeon Forge team at best. Could be a good game, I think that it will, East is not very good either. They are just trying to stay .500 this year.

To say your first test will come a team that will struggle to finish .500 is not good.

Edited by yellowjacket2

what about stanton how is he doing this year? i know hes a good qb he had a great year last year. i know coaches said that they arnet throwing the ball as much this year. y take the ball out of his hands when he had such a great year last year throwing for around 3000 yrds as a jr and now as a senior not throwing it as much?good luck to stanton and the rest of the hornets this week