Red Bank @ Boyd Buchanan

reaction

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this would not change the outcome of the game, which Red Bank played well while i was there, but i am still wondering about that call when Boyd blocked the punt and ran it back for a touchdown. Did they call block in the back? If that was the call that may be the worst call i have ever seen. But i dunno can someone fill me in on that call?

I know this would not change the outcome of the game, which Red Bank played well while i was there, but i am still wondering about that call when Boyd blocked the punt and ran it back for a touchdown. Did they call block in the back? If that was the call that may be the worst call i have ever seen. But i dunno can someone fill me in on that call?

The call was "block in the back".

But, the even worse call was when the Referee chose not to call the clip/spear that was five yards directly in front of him during the Red Bank interception return late in the second quarter. It was right there! He was looking right at it. What a joke!

You're right, the calls may not have changed the outcome, but one directly took a score off the board, and the other put Red Bank about 35 yards closer to the endzone than they would have been. If it's a tie game at 7-7 going into the half instead of 14-0, maybe it's a different game in the second half. You never know.

Anyway, this is certainly the year of challenges for Boyd. They're still trying to figure out an offensive scheme w/o Hathaway, and the injuries keep piling up...two or three serious ones this evening, it looked like.

What about Coach Aikens whinning in the paper about RB leaving starters in till the end. Like Boyd has'nt run it up on anybody in the last 3 years. Hey coach, shut up and get on the bus.

...He's just frustated...he did admit that he had been accused of the same thing and then he said "to preserve a shutout he had left defensive starters in the game"...when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't feel so good!!!