MBA vs. Father Ryan

This game has been predominately MBA's manhandling of the Irish. But I think that this time it will be close. In the past 3 weeks, the Irish team has really come together and buckled down. And it shows. This is rivalry that people consider lost, but thats not true. If anyone sees the game on Friday night, they will see quite a good show. MBA cant overlook us this game. We are a much more competitive and better team than we have been for a long time.

Bad thing is, MBA's advantages of winning are FRHS's banes. Turnovers, penalties, mistake. MBA capitalizes on these and they usually translate into points for them. Father Ryan needs to eliminate all mistake and cause turnovers like they have been, and this game will be close.

Though this might sounds strange, but after looking at MBA's season victories, they really owe to their turnovers and their defense. I think if Ryan can elimniate all mistakes and play their hearts out, they will keep this a very close score. If Ryan wins, then they can really make a great situation out of this season. If MBA wins, I see them winning by at least 2 TDs. But I believe the Irish are in a great position to really compete and even win.

Thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan has made a lot of progress, no doubt. Not quite ready for MBA, I don't believe, but definitely on the right path.

MBA-35

FRHS-10

I agree with itzme. After seeing Father Ryan last night, I don't think they're ready for the Div II AAA teams quite yet. They are much improved, however, and should at least keep it close for a while.

MBA-31

Father Ryan-17

I would say FRHS can compete in D2-AAA after leading Briarcrest for a while and almost winning. But it is the turnovers. Father Ryan can win if they play a perfect, penalty/turnover free game, which will be a test against one of the smartest teams in Tennessee.

maybe father ryan can compete with some of the lower ranked d2 3a schools but they cant even touch mccalie,ba and mus

119wrestler,

We play in D2-AAA cause football isnt the only sport played in this state. Dont forget every other sport played. This fall, FRHS girls soccer is undefeated, beating ALL of Tennessee's best teams, the volleyball team is on a certain repeat, and the Cross Country team is getting 1st place in many races ( and these are just the fall sports!). Our school is proud of the football team. 2-3 is something that this school can be thankful for, and they wont take it for granted for a second. FRHS is in the top 3 schools (sports wise) for all of D2.

And I definitely see MBA playing deep into the playoffs, perhaps making state.

119wrestler,

We play in D2-AAA cause football isnt the only sport played in this state. Dont forget every other sport played. This fall, FRHS girls soccer is undefeated, beating ALL of Tennessee's best teams, the volleyball team is on a certain repeat, and the Cross Country team is getting 1st place in many races ( and these are just the fall sports!). Our school is proud of the football team. 2-3 is something that this school can be thankful for, and they wont take it for granted for a second. FRHS is in the top 3 schools (sports wise) for all of D2.

Well, that puts that to rest. I always thought Ryan played D2-AAA because they were a large school that provided financial aid. This board is most educational.

119wrestler,

isnt this message board about football?? The girls volleyball and socccer boards are outstanding, check them out