MBA vs. Father Ryan

119wrestler,

We play in D2-AAA cause football isnt the only sport played in this state. Dont forget every other sport played. This fall, FRHS girls soccer is undefeated, beating ALL of Tennessee's best teams, the volleyball team is on a certain repeat, and the Cross Country team is getting 1st place in many races ( and these are just the fall sports!). Our school is proud of the football team. 2-3 is something that this school can be thankful for, and they wont take it for granted for a second. FRHS is in the top 3 schools (sports wise) for all of D2.

And I definitely see MBA playing deep into the playoffs, perhaps making state.

if u havent noticed this is a football thread, where you talk about football. and football father ryan is good and definitely not in the top 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question for father ryan people...whatever happened to that quaterback i believe he was #4 he was a great player and athelete i was really looking forward to seeing him take over....just wondering where he went he left after his sophomore year i forget his name if i find out then ill post it thanks

Denny Dotston. I don't think that he wasn't all that good.

Back to the game,

Contrary to what people think, this should be a good one. I dont know if freshmen games matter to anyone (they do to me), but our junior and sophmore class have kept it close and almost won against MBA in those games (28-21 '03, 0-2 '04). Though its from 2 years ago, Id say that not much has changed, a close game should be expected on Friday night IMO.

"aaron bateman is going to make a statement this game. HES CRAZY"

everyone at mba knows bateman is crazy. his lateral movement when running the ball is quite lacking, and mba won't let him run up the middle. i don't think bateman gains any yardage. there are some backs and lineman that are looking forward to getting after bateman. he will be neutralized in this game. blair is the key to ryan's chances here. hausmen needs another game like the Franklin matchup for ryan to pull it off, which they can if they don't kill themselves with turnovers.

frhs and mba each have a lot of depth. if each team's oline's hold up i think the game should be a good matchup. frhs will, and should, pressure howe a lot so if his protection holds up he can not mess it up. rutledge should run the heck out of snyder and macgavok johnson(who tore southaven up last year). it'd be nice to see frhs win the next two games against mba though. mba tackles well and is always around the ball, you don't play there if you aren't, bateman isn't going to get arm tackled. the qb's will decide this game. i think ryan blair is better than david howe, it will show friday. i have seen howe play since the 7th grade and ryan blair since the 7th every weekend and have thought since the parochial league games that they would compete well against each other. christ the king's 7th and 8th grade team beat ensworth when the juniors on these team were in 8th grade and each team has a lot of players from each of those teams. that doesn't say much but i'm trying to bring light to the fact that this should not be the typical mba ryan matchup of the past 6 years.

The one big commonality I`ve seen in Father Ryan games this year is than when they have lost it has been mainly because of a multitude of turnovers and when thay have won they have hardly had any turnovers.

For the first time in a few years, Ryan matches up physically a little more with MBA. I still think Coach Lussier is waging that mental battle with his team getting them to believe in themselves. They are entering the meat of their Div. II schedule and for them to have any success, they have got to limit the turnovers and believe that they can get to the 4th quarter with a chance to win.

Clearly, Ryan is an improved team, but I will have to take the Big Red in this one by 7-10 points

i can remember a couple saturdays ago when i was in the car with Mr. Bateman when we drove past mba. quiet simply put, he got upset off when he say the campus and then even more mad when some stupid mba soccer mom pulled out in front of us. the batemans have a long line of hate for mba. ab is going to rush for 1943 yards in this game to go along with 32 tackles and 7 interceptions. he will also have many "lights out" hits on some mba players that he truly doesnt like. FATHER RYAN wins this one big 342-3