Knoxville Halls Red Devils Travel to Play the Clinton Dragons

fairplay2121

Halls is coming off 3 wins in a row. They have looked strong. Could Halls be overlooking Clinton towards a big game with Powell next week.

Clinton has beaten Campbell Co. and played well with South Doyle, but has had trouble in their other games against very good teams.

Anybody have any predictions or interesting thoughts on the game?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always to the potential to overlook a team who are in transition and so far having a rough year such as Clinton. Do I believe we will? I seriously doubt it. Halls has had some trying times the past few years and alot of these kids that are seniors & juniors will remember this and just won't let this happen. Plus Kevin Julian has a good handle on them. I think coach Ward needs to be recognized for what he has done on the offensive side of the ball. Last nights game with a good Karns team was very refreshing.When was the last time Halls scorced 35 points in the first half of a game? I'm hoping the trend continues and we go 5-1 going into the Powell game which is now turning into a much anticipated game. 2005 RED DEVILS MAY THE FORCE CONTINUE.

I don't think Halls will overlook Clinton either.

I feel this team doesn't depend on emotion either. Which I think is a good thing. They are playing fundamentally well and Coach Julian has them believing in themselves. I don't look for a let down.

My memory of playing at Clinton though is that it is a small locker room with no room on the sideline and fans almost on your back. This sometimes is a distraction.

Probably overanalyzing but I want these guys to play good football. Excitement is in the air but with winning comes pressure. We are not the underdog. We are going to be playing a team with nothing to lose.

Good win against Karns and should be a good win this week against Clinton. Karns might be a little overrated though since beating A-E and barely losing to Bearden now does not look so good, but dont get me wrong, Karns is a very very improved team. I see Halls and Powell coming out on top pretty easily this Friday which sets up a HUGE game next Friday. Who would have thought that going into the HAlls Vs. Powell game Halls will be 5-1 and Powell will be 3-3. Thats why they line em up and play. I dont think either team will overlook their opponent but even if they do they should still get the W.

Halls-45

Clinton-3

Clinton really is improving alot. We've got tons of talent; bu the guys just won't play. Hopefully I'm wrong; but Clinton is probabl gonna lose to Halls. I think, maybe not all, but some of the Halls players could just brush off this game as an easy win. That's always a mistake. We will overcome this curse of losing. Edited by thechad90000