South Fulton@Union City

beatme

It's not whine. According to Union City's <a href="http://www.union-city-hs.obion.k12.tn.us/uchs/">website</a>, their enrollment is 400. That is 2 over the TSSAA single A classification for football and 61 over for basketball. In case you don't know, enrollment determines where a team should play---not where they can win.

It says approximate enrollment is 400, but that doesn't matter anyway because Union City was well under 398 last year when the census was taken.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my friend Artie says, "WHAAAA!" UC didn't petition and jockey for a 1a classification...due to their enrollment they are down there and are going to put their best team on the field no matter who they play with everyone of them having bad intentions... Maybe they should try going through 2 a days in the summer and having a more vigorous off season program... Fulton Co. went through their first 2 a days session this year and look at the results they are having, they've won more games this season than they have in a while, including a win over SF. Once SF works as hard as the UC players do, then you can complain about enrollment...

I do agree with you about conditioning and 2 a days. I have a big problem with both. Actually the frosh went through a tough off season conditioning and strengthing program. There's no doubt SF should be doing 2 a days. From what I understand, everyone wants to but the top dog.

Whether or not UC belongs in Single A and the shape of SF's football program is two entirely different issues. I agree we need to put our best foot forward. But that still doesn't mean you guys are Single A.

Yea i do agree that South Fulton should go to 2 a days and many people would go along with me also but like Redmanparent said they top dog Gwin wont do anything extra to make the team better but theres nothing any of us can do about it. And i honestly dont think the enrollement thing has anyhting to do with Union City just whooping up on all of us 1a guys cause if you have some really good coaches and have a very good weight lifting program you really could compete with alot of teams so im not gonna go blaming the enrollement for our loss. And yes i do know for a fact about the booing because i am a player for South Fulton and i really didnt think that was called for. And yes wanna congratulate Union City on their win becasue they whipped us all over the field and they have lots of depth that are capable of starting, but still i didnt aprove of the sportsmanship the players and fans showed during and after the game friday night. Anyway now we gotta get ready for Lake Co. and with the injuries UC caused us it could slow us down.

I do agree with you about conditioning and 2 a days. I have a big problem with both. Actually the frosh went through a tough off season conditioning and strengthing program. There's no doubt SF should be doing 2 a days. From what I understand, everyone wants to but the top dog.

Whether or not UC belongs in Single A and the shape of SF's football program is two entirely different issues. I agree we need to put our best foot forward. But that still doesn't mean you guys are Single A.

That blows my mind South Fulton dosen't run through 2 a days....wow...and you wonder why your program sputers when the teams you play work twice as hard :D

That has not been updated in several years. Anyway, the TSSAA does not go by a website. The enrollment actually has to be turned in. I keep telling you folks that you need to step up and try to compete. Yes they belong in Class A because of their enrollement. Get over it!

It's not whine. According to Union City's <a href="http://www.union-city-hs.obion.k12.tn.us/uchs/">website</a>, their enrollment is 400. That is 2 over the TSSAA single A classification for football and 61 over for basketball. In case you don't know, enrollment determines where a team should play---not where they can win.

I went into this game with a bad attitude because I do not feel like UC is A. After sitting through the fiasco on Friday night, I very mad. UC no more belongs in Single A than does in the NFL.

thankfully ur opinion is completely useless and means nothing to anyone but to urself because the numbers show that uc BELONGS in 1A. UC is facing mckenzie this week, mckenzie hasnt said a word about uc not belonging in 1A, mainly because they have won a few games. (i havent seen any complaining about mckenzie being 1A?) but ur right about one thing uc would get beat as bad in the nfl as south fulton did against uc. so quit b*tching about uc being good.

I went into this game with a bad attitude because I do not feel like UC is A. After sitting through the fiasco on Friday night, I very mad. UC no more belongs in Single A than does in the NFL.

thankfully ur opinion is completely useless and means nothing to anyone but to urself because the numbers show that uc BELONGS in 1A. UC is facing mckenzie this week, mckenzie hasnt said a word about uc not belonging in 1A, mainly because they have won a few games. (i havent seen any complaining about mckenzie being 1A?) but ur right about one thing uc would get beat as bad in the nfl as south fulton did against uc. so quit b*tching about uc being good.

HolderOfAllKnowledge, maybe I should wait until UC beats a 2A school before I mention them in the same breath as the NFL.

Geez you people are pretentious. UC has failed miserably in recent years in football in 2A. I used to pull for UC because they are a part of Obion County and Fishel is a SF alum. Now I have two favorite high school teams--SF and whoever is playing Union City.

GO MCKENZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HolderOfAllKnowledge, maybe I should wait until UC beats a 2A school before I mention them in the same breath as the NFL.

Geez you people are pretentious. UC has failed miserably in recent years in football in 2A. I used to pull for UC because they are a part of Obion County and Fishel is a SF alum. Now I have two favorite high school teams--SF and whoever is playing Union City.

GO MCKENZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone has their panties in a wad.

Would you kindly not drag McKenzie into your spat with SF!!! Us Rebels have tried to get along with all our opponents this season and don't need to be drug into someone elses squabble. We are in a very much rebuilding season here and have our own problems to deal with. Here on coacht we have gotten along well with the folks from SF and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

As for ya'll (UC), we'll see ya'll over here Friday night! We'll show up, play our hearts out and hopefully be happy after the game. Hope we both stay healthy.

Would you kindly not drag McKenzie into your spat with SF!!! Us Rebels have tried to get along with all our opponents this season and don't need to be drug into someone elses squabble. We are in a very much rebuilding season here and have our own problems to deal with. Here on coacht we have gotten along well with the folks from SF and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

As for ya'll (UC), we'll see ya'll over here Friday night! We'll show up, play our hearts out and hopefully be happy after the game. Hope we both stay healthy.

He wasn't dragging yall into anything, just making a point.