ezell vs. cpa

realbigtimer

Ezell held on to beat CPA in 4 OT's at Ezell to put Region 5 2A in a 5 way (I think) tie for first with Goodpastures loss to East Robertson.

Game Summary using "Impressive" and "Disappointing"

Impressive:

- Dallas Dixon - only one incompletion in the first half and passes right on target.

Had a great game and made a long run (70+ yards) for a TD to put Ezell back in the game in the 2nd half.

- Gattis for Ezell - very illusive runner who ran out of gas in the 2nd half but still made a great catch for a TD in overtime. He acts just like his brother did after a play - like he can't get up and barely makes it to the huddle, then he explodes on the next play.

- Both teams never quitting when they were down. After 14-14 half, CPA got down 28-14 in the 3rd and then scored 3 straight TD's to go up 35-28. Ezell was down 35-28 with less than 2 minutes to go, then drove about 70 yards to put the game in OT with 20 seconds to go.

- CPA's offense finally got untracked with soph. QB Conner Lowery (remember that name the next 2 years) having a great game passing and running.

- Both kickers having a good game with the only miss being a CPA XP that forced them to go and make a 2 PT conversion later.

Disappointing

- CPA's pass defense. Dixon is very good, but CPA left receivers undefended all night, even when Dixon was in trouble and on the run. They finally intercepted a pass leading 35-28 that should have sealed the win.

- CPA's not making a 4th and 1 with a little over 2 minutes to go that would have allowed then to run out the clock and win leading 35-28. But credit Ezell's stop as well.

- Refs allowing Ezell to have 8 plays in the 4th OT on a very bad pass interference call in the end zone on an uncatchable pass that was 6 feet over the receiver's head (plus it wasn't interference). CPA still held them to a FG.

- CPA getting called for offensive pass inteference in the 4th OT that made it 2nd and 25 instead of 2nd and 10. On 3rd down and long, CPA receiver drops a TD pass that would have won the game.

Congrats to Ezell for a great win and very gutty performance when it looked like they were dead in regulation. They are a very good team and I would be surprised to see them lose again until the playoffs.

Congrats to CPA for a good comeback and gutty performance as well. CPA is getting better each week and stilll will have a good season. And only 1 senior on offense. Look out next year.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a great game by both teams but about the pass interference call in the fourth OT, the rule states that in high school it doesnt have to be a catchable ball so it didn't matter how high it was. But other wise it was still a great game! Go luck to CPA and Ezell the rest of the year.

Didn't know that rule. Thanks for the clarification. Still was not interference, especially at that point inthe game unless it is a takedown.

But the refs didn't beat CPA, they couldn't make a 1 yard first down with 2 minutes to go or they would have run out the clock. And they dropped a winning TD pass in the 4th OT.

Just wasn't meant to be for CPA. I was really impressed with Ezell's heart and toughness in OT with so many players playing both ways versus CPA's two platoon.

Both teams played well and if they played 10 times, each team would probably win 5.

Tough loss, but nevertheless an exciting game and congratulations to Ezell. I have a post somewhere from mid summer where I said you guys would be the surprise team and you have proven me right. I felt in our game last year that you had a lot of young talent that was ready to break out this season.

To all our friends at Ezell, please get word out to all your fans to be careful where you park next week at Harpeth. The police love going round the High School (which is across the street) and giving out $92 tickets for illegal parking. Several of our fans got hit with it, as did Nashville Christian the week before. I am not too sure where you can park around the high school, hopefully it is clearly marked. The best bet is to arrive early and tailgate at the Middle School.

PS You don't have to tell your PA Announcer about the parking situation. :thumb:

Still see the CPA guys are the classiest group of posters on this site. I mean good lord be mad or somehting. Other than that was my first game this year i have been in Iraq for the last 18 months and good to see some thing dont change. CPA guy always had great attitudes andi can afford it i think ill send my son there.

Still see the CPA guys are the classiest group of posters on this site. I mean good lord be mad or somehting. Other than that was my first game this year i have been in Iraq for the last 18 months and good to see some thing dont change. CPA guy always had great attitudes andi can afford it i think ill send my son there.

Well Chakr30, we are glad you're back, and thank you so much from all of US (yes, I did mean to cap that). Ya'll played great, it was a tough game for either team to lose. EZ is on the right path.

Now, if your son is an seventh grader with size 12 feet, 6' 4" and around 200#, I suspect we can find him a spot. :thumb:

(time him in the 40, any thing under 4.7........)