25. Hendersonville(2-3, 1-1)

Let the critque begin!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DB should be much higher than 10th

Perhaps they should, but I believe the teams above them are as good as them if not better, and for me, there are certain games that stick out that put DB back. They beat Sullivan South 7-6, and for me thats not the most convincing win. They also haven't played the quality non region opponents(with the exception of Oak Ridge) that other teams higher than them have played. However, they are improving as the season goes along, and If they continue to play the way they have, they should steadily go up the rankings.

Well first of all, both Riverdale and Oak Ridge are undefeated. Riverdale defeated Lincoln Co., who is also on my top 25. Oh, and they beat one(handily) of the better teams in Ohio, Worthington Kilbourne. Both of these teams, however, have beaten their opponents with ease. DB has struggled with a couple of teams, and of course lost that game to Oak Ridge. Don't get me wrong, I like what Dobyns-Bennett is doing and I think they are a good team, but I just don't see them as a top 5 team.

http://unapproved website.com/cgi-bin/2005/ratingvw_...w&submit=submit

Here are the unapproved website.com ratings for Tennessee after Friday's games. Riverdale is 5th in 5A, which might not make much sense but playing Blackman hurt their rating I'm sure. It's not biased at all, just plugged in numbers. That doesn't make it accurate, but it is fun to look at. Maryville is ranked 3rd in the country in their rankings. Knoxville Central is 13, Webb is 17. You can go to the top of the page and list teams by state or by the whole country. You can move it to where it ranks all of Tennessee's teams, regardless of class. Again, who knows if Maryville could beat the top team from Texas, California or Idaho, it's mostly just for fun. I think it's gotten a lot more accurate in the last couple of weeks, since they've been adding more teams from more states it seems like. There's also a thing on the front page of the site where you can compare projected final scores for upcoming games, or with fantasy games against teams from other states or other classificatiosn. I doubt it's very accurate for comparing teams from other states, but I went back to check the scores for Sequatchie to their opponents so far and it was close on each.

Im not understanding the number before the school.

Example... McGavock, who is ranked 10th in 5A.

WINS: #1896 Maplewood (Nashville, TN) (27-7), #4285 Kenwood (Clarksville, TN) (22-7), #4765 Hendersonville (TN) (7-6), #6188 Stratford (Nashville, TN) (28-18), #7758 Hunters Lane (Nashville, TN) (21-14), LOSSES: none

Anybody know what that is??

Im not understanding the number before the school.

Example... McGavock, who is ranked 10th in 5A.

WINS: #1896 Maplewood (Nashville, TN) (27-7), #4285 Kenwood (Clarksville, TN) (22-7), #4765 Hendersonville (TN) (7-6), #6188 Stratford (Nashville, TN) (28-18), #7758 Hunters Lane (Nashville, TN) (21-14), LOSSES: none

Anybody know what that is??

It's the team's calculated national ranking. It might not hold much weight, but like I said, it's fun to look at and get a bit of a perspective.

Well first of all, both Riverdale and Oak Ridge are undefeated. Riverdale defeated Lincoln Co., who is also on my top 25. Oh, and they beat one(handily) of the better teams in Ohio, Worthington Kilbourne. Both of these teams, however, have beaten their opponents with ease. DB has struggled with a couple of teams, and of course lost that game to Oak Ridge. Don't get me wrong, I like what Dobyns-Bennett is doing and I think they are a good team, but I just don't see them as a top 5 team.

And i repect your opinion, I was just curious as to why you would not rank them top 5. But, the season is still very young and we have a lot of football left to play. i think after the dominating performance against Tn. High (506 yrds off.) 45-0), the indians will be a changed team heading into the remainder of the conference schedule.