5 Page

Saturday Pool Play/Crossover

Game Schedule Game Schedule Game Schedule

Court Time Play Seed Court Time Play Seed Court Time Play Seed

1 8:00 3 vs. 5 na 2 8:00 1 vs. 2 na 3 8:00 4th vs. 4th 10/11

1 9:00 2 vs. 3 na 2 9:00 1 vs. 4 na 3 9:00 3rd vs. 3rd 7/9

1 10:00 1st vs. 1st 1/2 2 10:00 2nd vs. 2nd 5/6

Playoff Determination - Teams going to the Gold Bracket

(4) Pool # 1 & 2 - Top 2 teams automatically go into playoffs. They will play a crossover match to determine seeding only.

(1) Pool # 1 & 2 - 3rd place teams compete in a crossover match. Winner goes to Gold, Loser to Silver.

(3) Pool #3 - Top three teams automatically go to Playoffs. No Crossover matches needed.

From bd4vols in post from another topic also called "Franklin Invitational"

Edited by PageMan

I only count 13

Saturday Pool Play/Crossover Game Schedule

Court Time Play Seed

1 8:00 3 vs. 5 na

1 9:00 2 vs. 3 na

1 10:00 1st vs. 1st 1/2

Game Schedule

Court Time Play Seed

2 8:00 1 vs. 2 na

2 9:00 1 vs. 4 na

2 10:00 2nd vs. 2nd 5/6

Game Schedule

Court Time Play Seed

3 8:00 4th vs. 4th 10/11

3 9:00 3rd vs. 3rd 7/9

Playoff Determination - Teams going to the Gold Bracket

(4) Pool # 1 & 2 - Top 2 teams automatically go into playoffs. They will play a crossover match to determine seeding only.

(1) Pool # 1 & 2 - 3rd place teams compete in a crossover match. Winner goes to Gold, Loser to Silver.

(3) Pool #3 - Top three teams automatically go to Playoffs. No Crossover matches needed.

Edited by bd4vols

I guess that most tournament directors or coaches have a tournament program that sets the pool play. I assume that these scheduling programs can be set up for any number of teams from 6 to 32 or maybe even a wider range. The key is the team placement in each pool. I would guess that team 1 in pool 1 has a more favorable times and court schedule. When you have an odd number of teams, i.e. 13, Pool 3, Team 5 has a tough time schedule - the last game Friday and the 8:00 game on Sat. when completing pool play. Also in this carry-over from Friday pool play into Sat., Team 1 has two back-to-back pool matches starting at 8:00 along with Teams 2 and 3, Team 4 has a 9 AM Match after playing the late game Friday.

Crossover Matches are used to determine seeding for Bracket Play. In a 13 team tournament, pools 1 and 2 have crossover matches between the 1st place teams 2nd, 3rd, & 4th. Pool 3 has no crossover matches and the top 3 make the Gold Bracket, I think. I may have this wrong, because this crossover situation confuses me.

In answer to your question, ComPassion - Yes - If a team can win their pool Friday against weak opponents, win their crossover match on Sat., they certainly will have a good seeding for the brackets. In this tournament, there will be 8 teams in the Gold Division and 5 teams in the Silver Division. A 1st place pool team from Friday who wins their crossover match on Sat. still has to win a quarter-final match to make the semi's. I haven't seen the actual brackets for this tournament so it depends on those match-ups.

I guess that most tournament directors or coaches have a tournament program that sets the pool play. I assume that these scheduling programs can be set up for any number of teams from 6 to 32 or maybe even a wider range. The key is the team placement in each pool. I would guess that team 1 in pool 1 has a more favorable times and court schedule. When you have an odd number of teams, i.e. 13, Pool 3, Team 5 has a tough time schedule - the last game Friday and the 8:00 game on Sat. when completing pool play. Also in this carry-over from Friday pool play into Sat., Team 1 has two back-to-back pool matches starting at 8:00 along with Teams 2 and 3, Team 4 has a 9 AM Match after playing the late game Friday.

Crossover Matches are used to determine seeding for Bracket Play. In a 13 team tournament, pools 1 and 2 have crossover matches between the 1st place teams 2nd, 3rd, & 4th. Pool 3 has no crossover matches and the top 3 make the Gold Bracket, I think. I may have this wrong, because this crossover situation confuses me.

In answer to your question, ComPassion - Yes - If a team can win their pool Friday against weak opponents, win their crossover match on Sat., they certainly will have a good seeding for the brackets. In this tournament, there will be 8 teams in the Gold Division and 5 teams in the Silver Division. A 1st place pool team from Friday who wins their crossover match on Sat. still has to win a quarter-final match to make the semi's. I haven't seen the actual brackets for this tournament so it depends on those match-ups.

Pageman, you should run for office! I am convinced that you know alot and sound trustworthy ..and you talked long enough for me to forgot what my question was. :thumb:

Edited by ComPassion

This is the new pool set-up as of noon Friday as David Lipscomb has dropped out

Pool #1

1 Franklin

2 Hume-Fogg

3 Mt. Juliet

4 Brentwood Academy

Pool #2

1 Independence

2 Centennial

3 Pearl Cohn

4 Page

Pool #3

1 Wilson Central

2 BGA

3 USJ

4 Hillsboro

Changes are indicated in bold

Mt. Juliet has moved to Pool #1 and Wilson Central has moved to Pool #3

Page has moved to Pool #2 Team 4 and Pool #3 is now a 4 team pool

Schedule changes will be submitted shortly to CoachT

Edited by PageMan

All of Friday's Pool matches are now on the coacht schedules for each team.

Here is Friday's full pool schedule:

- 1st match is pool 1 on court 1, 2nd is pool 2, court 2, 3rd is pool 3 court 3 at Grassland

4 PM - Franklin vs Brentwood Academy, Independence vs Page, Wilson Central vs BGA

5 PM - Hume-Fogg vs Mt. Juliet, Centennial vs Pearl Cohn, Wilson Central vs Hillsboro

6 PM - Franklin vs Mt. Juliet, Independence vs Pearl Cohn, Wilson Central vs USJ

7 PM - Hume-Fogg vs Brentwood Academy, Centennial vs Page, BGA vs USJ

8 PM - Franklin vs Hume-Fogg, Independence vs Centennial, BGA vs Hillsboro

9 PM - Mt. Juliet vs Brentwood Academy, Pearl Cohn vs Page, USJ vs Hillsboro

Changed Pool Matches or Opponents shown in Bold

Saturday's Pool Matches will be 4 Pools (A, B, C, & D) made up of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th place teams respectively. Sat Pool play begins at 8 AM and I will try to post the match-ups here late Friday night and get the schedules on the scoreboard as well.

Bracket play has changed some and I will update later if I have time this afternoon.

Edited by PageMan

Pageman, you should run for office! I am convinced that you know alot and sound trustworthy ..and you talked long enough for me to forgot what my question was. :rolleyes:

I think what you were trying to say is "Initially, are the Pools "seeded" equally or are there "biases" based on who gets to set the Pools (which obviously is the host or co-host coaches).