Dobyns-Bennett Football

WizardofKtown

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that HC is over and the indians embarrassed the Tn High Vikings, what do they need to do to prepare themselves for the remainder of the conference schedule?

I'm sure Coach Clark won't let them forget any of this but just to answer your post, seems to me that the team can't let the TN High game go to their heads. Otherwise there could be an different kind of embarrasement at the Sevier Co. or Karns game - sorta like 2 years ago. The Sevier Co. game will likely determine whether we play Oak Ridge at The Ship or in Kingsport during playoffs.

They need to realize that they aren't there yet on the Offensive side of the ball (even though they've drastically improved) and Defense has room to grow too. The learning curve must continue. The team has had to prove to all those who thought that they would loose to OR 1st game, that they are a good team. They've said it to the press. They are a good team and that determination is what made them improve so much. They still have to prove themselves and to do that stay focused. I think they can do it if they stay focused on Sevier Co. and sorta make believe that SCo is as good as OR.

Bad call. The tape made it clear in slow mo. But you don't always get calls your way. How did you feel about Adonis Johnson running wild down in Oak Ridge the next year when DB won in 2000 playoffs, an upset by the score of 32-6. Kingsport Times had this : "He rushed 22 times for 286 yards and scored four touchdowns. Johnson’s TD runs covered 56, 49, 70 and 17 yards. As he began to take control of the game, Oak Ridge’s players harassed him in the pileups. Johnson did not react. “I had to keep myself under control,’’ he said."Adonis told me he was talking about OR players grabbing his you know whats! That is what is so funny. You grab a guy there and he runs for 4 TD's with 286 yards. Not intended to start anything with our favorite rivals, just a flashback from the past!

Edited by bud

Adonis did spend some of his younger years in Oak Ridge. Imagine if Oak Ridge had Adonis, that would have been no good for any team you all played. In 2000 Oak ridge won the regular season, and DB won the playoffs as I mentioned above.

Gotta admit OR and DB have had some GREAT games. Look forward to it every year.. :D

Edited by bud

Adonis was amazing, i can remember watching him play like it was yesterday. In the quarterfinal DB OR, he was on his game. Adonis gave Db the spark that year that they had lacked in the past. There sure have been some great games between Db and OR, and like it was mentioned earlier, "The Drive" was also amazing. You just can not expect anything but greatness when DB and OR line up against each other.

Two great teams with a historic rivalry. Its gonna be an interesting year...

Roll Tribe :D

what about the 2 games played in 2003. i thought u guys had us beat in the playoffs leading 17-7 until Cory Booker made a Spectacular by breaking several tackles in the backfield on the countersweep to the right, then reversed his field all the way into the endzone.classic moments indeed when these two teams play each other