DEATH VALLEY

THSVikings2004

I think maybe you admitted your jealousy, but sorry for not being jealous of 1 trophy. I already told you I would not trade the past 20 years, no way. we have plenty of individual and team championships over the years, none in the 3 big sports in recent years but I will be willing to bet the house that DB gets another before any team in the area.

Okay, so you are saying that D-B will win a Major trophy before ANY team in the area? I'm excited! make it worth my while Buddy! i hope you live in the good part of town since we're betting houses and all.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 3 major sports DB has gone further more times than any other local school. That is why I feel, if anyone is gonna get it odds are it could be DB. Heck, nobody in upper NE TN may ever win another in the 3 major sports. I don't live in East TN, but I will bet my condo that DB wins either baseball, basketball, or football before South does. I also realize it may be 20 years, or never. It may be TN High that wins one before anybody, I don't know. But, I still bet the house DB gets one before South. Put up your house and we will get this all in writing and have a done deal. I write contracts for a living, maybe a simple wager? Put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by bud

In the 3 major sports DB has gone further more times than any other local school. That is why I feel, if anyone is gonna get it odds are it could be DB. Heck, nobody in upper NE TN may ever win another in the 3 major sports. I don't live in East TN, but I will bet my condo that DB wins either baseball, basketball, or football before South does. I also realize it may be 20 years, or never. It may be TN High that wins one before anybody, I don't know. But, I still bet the house DB gets one before South. Put up your house and we will get this all in writing and have a done deal. I write contracts for a living, maybe a simple wager? Put your money where your mouth is.

So, now you're changing the bet??? C'mon, Put YOUR money where your mouth is Buddy Boy. You said D-B would win a major before ANY school in this part of the state would did you not?? Also, are we betting condos or houses here? I prefer houses because you can run into negative equity problems on certain condos. But, anyway, I hope you write contracts better than you keep up with high school athletics in upper east tennessee. Unaka just won the state basketball title two years ago and Science Hill could win at any given time. Several baseball teams have a shot each year. This is the ONLY chance D-B has of winning a major. They will NEVER win one in basketball or football just like my beloved Rebels. Now, my home is in Colonial Heights, (you know, the area the city of Kingsport keeps trying to annex.) one of the higher income areas of upper east tennessee, where is your condo?

Never changed the bet, if you would take time to read the post or have someone read it to you and take notes you would catch things like that. I said any team in the "area" and did not specify what area so I am able to declare what I want. I want to say my area includes DB & South. I also later said that in the major 3 sports it could be a long time before anyone up in NE TN wins one. Condos in Nashville are worth more than houses around KTown and all property around Nashville is rocketing in value. The bet is still DB v South, baseball, basketball, or football. It is totally fair. Take it or leave it, or put your usual "spin" on things.

Never changed the bet, if you would take time to read the post or have someone read it to you and take notes you would catch things like that. I said any team in the "area" and did not specify what area so I am able to declare what I want. I want to say my area includes DB & South. I also later said that in the major 3 sports it could be a long time before anyone up in NE TN wins one. Condos in Nashville are worth more than houses around KTown and all property around Nashville is rocketing in value. The bet is still DB v South, baseball, basketball, or football. It is totally fair. Take it or leave it, or put your usual "spin" on things.

Okay Budaroonie, you are hilarious. I see that this is like talking to a brick wall. I'd hate for you to be homeless, so I'll not take the bet. As everyone can see, the Mighty Indians are on the verge of winning the state in probably all three majors so heck, maybe I'd be homeless. ;) p.s. I'm the one who put a "spin" on the bet?? You and your upper east tennessee "area" put the spin on it. I was just taking what you said for what it was worth. I guess it was worth nothing. Good luck to you and your Tribe on YET ANOTHER drive to the State Championship!

Never aid DB was on their way to a state title. You know the offer. Anyway, can we quit talking about all this sensless crap and talk about football? I am tired of typing back and forth with you. Bet is there if you want to take it though.

OK VolmanScotch, give me some info. I asked earlier about Beau from South. Is he thinking of playing college ball? And, does anyone know if phillips might actually play if South really needed him to. . I read the papers, but you never know if what they have is true. Also, people keep refering to the young backup QB, isn't this guy a senior?

Edited by bud

I recently saw the Central vs. South game on tape. Their linebackers stand out on defense and Curt Phillips and Colin Sandidge stand out as the playmakers on offense. Is South's McMillan related to Bart? If so, those McMillans sure get around.

It seems that they relied too much on Phillips in that game as he scored 4 of their 5 touchdowns. In other games, what other players have contributed to their scoring?

Even though they didn't look too good against Central, you have that DB game in the back of your mind.

I'm not sure about where Beau is thinking of college. Probably his best sport is basketball. He should have a very solid season this winter. I think the McMillan's are cousins (Dad's are brothers). Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. South has looked good at times, Greeneville and Johnson Co..........bad at times, first half of Happy Valley and Central........decent in spurts vs. D-B. From what i heard tonight, Phillips will not suit up tomorrow night. Against Central, he just took what they gave him......they didn't cover him on options so he ran like the wind. Back up Hicks is a senior who I think will do a good job. South has two very tough backs in McMillan and Sandidge. Very good linebackers and def. ends. Weak point could be def. backs. I think they can be passed on if/when they run into a team that can pass. South 30 Tn High 14

Weak point could be def. backs. I think they can be passed on if/when they run into a team that can pass.

That makes two teams. <_<

DeShaud can defend the pass pretty well, but he's just one guy out there.

I would like to see him play a little at halfback and take turns with Bell. They're both still sore so they could use the breather. So far, DeShaud has had two rushing attempts for over 100 yards and one touchdown...ever since then he has just went out for the passes.

Is DeShaud ready to go full tilt? He would be a key player in the game if he is 100%, the same can be said for the Sullivan South So. QB... Both are key players for their teams and without them, neither team will be expected to win... unless both are out, then, it is a toss up... I really am looking forward to this game, see you guys in C Heights on Friday Night.

Giddy Up!!

Is DeShaud ready to go full tilt? He would be a key player in the game if he is 100%, the same can be said for the Sullivan South So. QB... Both are key players for their teams and without them, neither team will be expected to win... unless both are out, then, it is a toss up... I really am looking forward to this game, see you guys in C Heights on Friday Night.

Giddy Up!!

DeShaud will play but I'm not sure if he is 100% or not.